Cheats?

After many times where I cheated, it is WAY more fun to start with 10,000 credits to buy a crap car, run the Sunday Cup to earn little cash to mod the car, then get the next license etc.

I do however have all the special race cars which can be won in the endurance races and licenses on a 2nd save, so I can buy them (for the full price, obviously).

God what is it with the cheating thing lately? Codes...cheaters...:mad: this is like the third one in a week! :banghead:

I said it before and I'll say it again: (listen up RenaultLagunaLT) cheating will not make you good at this (or any GT) game...you won't learn the valuable lessons necessary to make you advance thru harder and harder races. Does that make sense? It's like in school..you might be able to bully or cajole someone into helping you so you don't have to do the work, but eventually you'll miss out on stuff you'll need later on. I don't see the point of cheating to get a car (like the Excuso) that you won't be able to "drive" because you've been too lazy. I mean, don't you have any passion towards cars & racing at all? Why did you buy, steal, or borrow GT2 if you don't intend to play it? :confused:

...seriously, there's plenty of racing games you might be good at RL... Mario Kart comes to mind. Or how about Cruisin' USA? 💡

Last edited:
God what is it with the cheating thing lately? Codes...cheaters...:mad: this is like the third one in a week! :banghead:

I said it before and i'll say it again: (listen up RenaultLagunaLT) cheating will not make you good at this (or any gt) game...you wont learn the valuable lessons necessary to make you advance thru harder and harder races. Does that make sense? It's like in school..you might be able to bully or conjole someone into helping you so you don't have to do the work, but eventually you'll miss out on stuff you'll need later on. I dont' see the point of cheating to get a car (like the Excuso) that you won't be able to "drive" cuz you've been too lazy. I mean, don't you have any passion towards cars & racing at all? Why did you buy, steal, or borrow GT2 if you don't intend to play it? :confused:

...seriously, there's plenty of racing games you might be good at RL... Mario Kart comes to mind. Or how about Cruisin' USA? 💡

You go Parnelli 👍 , lol.

There's two good ways to cheat at this game; keep practicing, or just keep winning the same big-money prize cars over and over again. There's no magic sequence of buttons to give yourself free money or automatic wins.

Who really needs cheats? You can't die, lose health, run out of money (you make something for finishing 6th), or run out of time in any of the GT games.

I suppose you could "accidentally" sell all your cars and wind up with so little money you couldn't buy the least expensive of used cars. At that point, just reset the game and start over, or keep trying for an all-gold license.

I said it before and i'll say it again: (listen up RenaultLagunaLT) cheating will not make you good at this (or any gt) game...you wont learn the valuable lessons necessary to make you advance thru harder and harder races. Does that make sense? It's like in school..you might be able to bully or conjole someone into helping you so you don't have to do the work, but eventually you'll miss out on stuff you'll need later on. I dont' see the point of cheating to get a car (like the Excuso) that you won't be able to "drive" cuz you've been too lazy. I mean, don't you have any passion towards cars & racing at all? Why did you buy, steal, or borrow GT2 if you don't intend to play it? :confused:

Lighten up, dude! You're taking the game way too seriously! Some people (and I daresay most people) buy the game to have fun. Not to go to school, or simulate going to school. If cheating is their way to have fun, more power to them. Who are you to say they're wrong, if they're enjoying themselves?

Using an overpowering car like the Escudo may not be much of a contest, but seriously, if someone wants to do it, and they are having fun doing it, why not?

Lighten up, dude! You're taking the game way too seriously! Some people (and I daresay most people) buy the game to have fun. Not to go to school, or simulate going to school. If cheating is their way to have fun, more power to them. Who are you to say they're wrong, if they're enjoying themselves?

Using an overpowering car like the Escudo may not be much of a contest, but seriously, if someone wants to do it, and they are having fun doing it, why not?

I know seem serious. Really I'm smiling :)...I don't understand cheaters...the concept of cheating boggles me; so thanks for trying to illuminate me. The game is fun! That's one of my points. When you cheat you miss out on this fun (among other things such as achieving wins and licenses the correct way--which is more satisfying).

When someone comes here on GT Planet and posts something, he/she is asking for advice as well as seeking our opinion. I will gladly give mine with no sugar-coating! RenaultLagunaRT can also give his. I'd love to hear it, actually. And if he wants to keep cheating so be it...it's his game! 💡

Last edited:
GT2 was the first racing game I ever played (aside from mario kart and such) and I remember how I was so dissapointed at first. It was so hard to race! Theres all this stuff about tuning and racing lines.. blah blah. But I swear, after playing it for a while longer, I grew to love that game. The frustrating parts in the beginning (especially the licenses) are all worth it in the end (when you see a whole line of gold trophies on your licenses :] )

There's two good ways to cheat at this game; keep practicing, or just keep winning the same big-money prize cars over and over again. There's no magic sequence of buttons to give yourself free money or automatic wins.

Who really needs cheats? You can't die, lose health, run out of money (you make something for finishing 6th), or run out of time in any of the GT games.

That's funny. That's why I got into racing games...I was tired of playing games in which you get to a cliff or a ledge or what have you and all the sudden you're just dying over and over. :irked::banghead: It never occured to me I could probly just cheat in these sort of games...and it's usually much easier to do so if you press a combination of buttons. 💡

Last edited:
Yeah i know seem serious. Really i'm smiling :)...i don't understand cheaters...the concept of cheating boggles me; so thanks for trying to illuminate me. The game is fun! That's one of my points. When you cheat you miss out on this fun (among other things such as acheiving wins and licenses the correct way--which is more satisfying).
My point was that perhaps some people prefer to "miss out", because to them, it's not fun. And some may not get the satisfaction you do from doing it your "correct way".

I started GT4 by transferring the A and B licenses from GT3. Arguably, that's cheating. I found some of the license tests to be very frustrating, if I had the means to cheat readily available I probably would have done so. But you know what, those A and B lincenses I transferred, I went back later and golded them. So would I have been wrong to cheat in the first place?

Normally I take the game pretty seriously, and my posts on the research I've done on the game bear that out. But I thought that "RAM page" video was a riot, I laughed by butt off. Then I took my Dodge Ram out to Nürburging and tried it myself and laughed even harder. Then I went back to some "serious" racing. It doesn't all have to be "serious" and "the correct way". If one is so inclined, none of it has to be serious and correct.

When someone comes here on GT Planet and posts something, he/she is asking for advice as well as seeking our opinion. I will gladly give mine with no sugar-coating! RenaultLagunaRT can also give his. I'd love to hear it, actually. And if he wants to keep cheating so be it...it's his game! 💡
Now you're talking! Peace, bro. :cheers:

...I'll just keep my mouth shut. Yup. wont say a word. ;) Yup. Still not talking.

....man that is not easy!! :embarrassed:

interview guy: so, Parnelli. Have any comments or additional info you'd like to add to this discussion on cheating? Perhaps you feel at odds with in this association and would like to illuminate or perhaps shed more light on these "feelings?"

Parnelli: Nope! Mouth is sealed! And today...I will not comment. I promise! :embarrassed: and still not adding or commenting! nada zip no compadre! Cheating is great! and we all should do it as much as possible!!! OOPS. Damn I commented. Somebody shoot me!

Last edited:
Back