Check out How Forza Horizon 4's UK Landmarks Compare to the Real Thing

So basically its Scotland, not England or the whole UK? Boris Johnson will have time to play this, thats for sure.
The Cotswolds are there.

It's basically a "Greatest Hits" album. That's how I've looked at every Horizon map so far. Really, if any dev did set out to meticulously model every square miles of any area of the world a similar size to Horizon maps, we'd end up with a bunch of boring roads and/or empty space.

As much as I'd like to be able to drive around Toronto in a traffic-free digital setting, it'd probably get boring fast!

So basically its Scotland, not England or the whole UK? Boris Johnson will have time to play this, thats for sure.

It'll be a mish mash of the best scenery from Scotland and England. The Vale of the White Horse was also seen in the E3 presentation.
28847035818_04f95c8cfd_b.jpg

It'll be a mish mash of the best scenery from Scotland and England. The Vale of the White Horse was also seen in the E3 presentation.
28847035818_04f95c8cfd_b.jpg
Isn't the white horse near the Channel Tunnel entrance? Seems they really have made Britain smaller.

Also I wonder how much roadworks there will be.

Ok, so its just... UK without London? Really? I get its too big for the game and landscapes are prettier anyway, but still... its kinda hard to imagine UK without London.

Ok, so its just... UK without London? Really? I get its too big for the game and landscapes are prettier anyway, but still... its kinda hard to imagine UK without London.

There is a city going by the screenshots, but I doubt it'll be called London. It will probably look just like London though and may even have things like Big Ben and Tower Bridge. I don't think the other Horizon games had real cities did they? They were mostly just a generic place.

There is a city going by the screenshots, but I doubt it'll be called London. It will probably look just like London though and may even have things like Big Ben and Tower Bridge. I don't think the other Horizon games had real cities did they? They were mostly just a generic place.

Judging by the screenshots, I think the main urban center of the map will be based more around Edinburgh (and will likely be called Edinburgh) than London. A bit like how Surfers Paradise was the main city in Horizon 3.

I don't think the other Horizon games had real cities did they? They were mostly just a generic place.

Correct. Previous Horizon titles use real city names and names of topographical features for in game destinations, but only in homage and not to suggest any sort of locale recreation. Horizon landmarks are merely inspired-by the real world locations they reference. And by no means is that a bad thing, in my opinion.

It still looks amazing judging from the screens. We haven't even tried it yet, so don't get disappointed beforehand. I hope there is something reminiscent of London though (kind of the Surfer's Paradise city of FH4), since it would remind me of an amazing PS2 game; The Getaway.

Nah that's White Horse Hill in Oxfordshire.

It's a shame that the roads around it don't appear to be similar to the real one as there are some fantastic driving roads there.

Lots of elevation changes, blind corners, that sort of thing.

I was expecting London, so it's pretty much Driveclub now.

So if lets say some past NFS had used London,Driveclub would become NFS if used London as well?
Jesus,even my ex had better logic :D
And then Forza 7 using,lets say Monza,and Monza is in PC2 as well - does Forza become PC2?
Ah,just now spotted your avatar - pretty much explains all :D

Forza Horizon is so far ahead of Driveclub,its not even comparable,and im not even talking about FH4 ;)

bf3
So if lets say some past NFS had used London,Driveclub would become NFS if used London as well?
Jesus,even my ex had better logic :D
And then Forza 7 using,lets say Monza,and Monza is in PC2 as well - does Forza become PC2?
Ah,just now spotted your avatar - pretty much explains all :D

Forza Horizon is so far ahead of Driveclub,its not even comparable,and im not even talking about FH4 ;)

Honestly, the game reminds me of Driveclub, its not stupid at all what I'm saying but what you said about 'Monza' is off the topic. :lol:

I'm talking about a whole environment map, not a circuit :rolleyes:

I'm not against that game, I'm still planning on purchasing it... ;)

We've had Colorado without Denver, France and Italy without Paris or Rome, and Australia without Sydney. Britain without London isn't that surprising, really.

Seriously, what is the appeal in London to gamers? It's one of the least aesthetically pleasing places outside of the City and Canary Wharf and it's not exactly road friendly.

Latest Posts

Back