• Thread starter ND4SPD
  • 23 comments

ND4SPD

Premium
Canada
Guelph ON
JeffZ28
Jeff C6R
Hello GTP, today I was going through the fridge and I discovered a half empty jar of Cheez Whiz. It was more than a year old, I was debating if I should to try it as it still smelled like Cheez Whiz, after a few minutes of debating I decided to smear some on some bread and to my amazement it still tastes the same as the day we bought it. So my question to you GTP, how long does Cheez Whiz last? It certainly passed my expectations.

For those that do not know what Cheez Whiz is, it's basically processed cheese spread. Infact, here's a picture:

I've got one of the big jars in my fridge from last August. It still tastes fine on a Ritz.

It has become less viscous than normal though. It spreads kind of like mayo now.

yup.

My 6 month old jar was supposed to have expired 4 days ago, on February 17th, but its still alright.

Does the cheez whiz have an expiration date on the product?

Hmm I couldn't find one on my jar, that was the reason why I created this thread plus the fact that it had been sitting at the back of the fridge for atleast a year.

hmm... I couldn't say, because it doesn't say. This date it just stamped on it.

But probably a 'best before', because it was better before (less runny).

Whatever it is, it sounds horrible. Is that used as a sandwich spread?

By some I guess - not by me.
I put it on snack crackers, or hot dogs & hamburgers, or melt it to make a (lazy/easy) sauce for steamed vegetables, or a nacho dip.

I've never heard of that coming in a jar. Any time we get it it's in those spray things, like whipped cream.

180px-Easy_cheese2.jpg

I used to go fishing with my Dad when I was a kid, and he always took along a small jar of Cheez Whiz and a large bag of Fritos Corn Chips. It actually tastes much better than you imagine, and this thread brought back precious memories to me. I haven't even seen a jar of Cheez Whiz in several years, and right now I am tempted to go buy some.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheez_Whiz

I used to go fishing with my Dad when I was a kid, and he always took along a small jar of Cheez Whiz and a large bag of Fritos Corn Chips. It actually tastes much better than you imagine, and this thread brought back precious memories to me. I haven't even seen a jar of Cheez Whiz in several years, and right now I am tempted to go buy some.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheez_Whiz

I have a hard time eating anything that is processed especially meat & cheese. I don't eat anything tinned apart from tuna and beans. It may taste good but it's something that I would normally leave out of my diet.

Actually I don't even like any form of cheese (cheese whiz or spray cheese) except a good ol' slice of american Land O' Lakes.

I have a hard time eating anything that is processed especially meat & cheese. I don't eat anything tinned apart from tuna and beans. It may taste good but it's something that I would normally leave out of my diet.

You would have a hard time over here. Our country is very industrialized, we even make our food in factories.

You would have a hard time over here. Our country is very industrialized, we even make our food in factories.

Really?

We have a large selection of supermarkets and they obviously sell your normal processed food but they do have a large selection of fresh meats, fish, vegetables & fruit. The area that I live in in Essex has loads of farms in the surrounding areas. You don't have to travel far to find a farm shop selling everything from meat to home made BBQ sauce.

Back