Chicane: Bonus Page - The Report

Philippines
Manila, PH
TakuKanonji22
Hello guys! This is my 7th book, and it's the sequel of Sideways. This is all about Takuma's path to self-discovery. This means that he will be the central character in this story (and time for my favorite character to shine!).

Don't worry though, Takanori will be mostly present in this story too, albeit his role has just shifted to being a deuteragonist.

The races highlighted would be The Super GT, Dream Car Championship, Historic Racing Car Cup, and a bit of Le Mans as well.

Enjoy reading!

Page 1 - Fire and Ice

Coffee beans are poured at the coffee making machine. In an instant, they are crushed and grounded into powder. Then it turns into liquid being poured in to a coffee cup. Ben picks the hot cup of coffee and adds some cream and sugar in it. He finally slurps it and gives out a sigh.

Ben: "What a wonderful morning. And the first day without my R34. I just gave it away to Takanori."

Then he receives a call from Takanori.

Ben: "Hello, good morning."

Takanori: "Hey, I just repainted the R34. Hahahahaha!"

Ben: "You bloody idiot! It looks best in Bayside Blue Metallic! You just ruined my morning!"

Takanori: "Sorry Ben-san, I really like the MCR R34. That's why I repainted it in red."

Ben: "Oh great. Where are you going now?"

Takanori: "Tsukuba Circuit. Wanna come with me?"

Ben: "Sure. I wanna see what kind of abomination have you done."

The two arrive at Tsukuba Circuit. No other cars are present.

Takanori: "That's odd. It's weekend today, and it's normal for you to see a lot of cars here."

Ben: "Hmph. I like the shade of red of the R34. Still, I'm disappointed at the fact that you changed its color."

Takanori: "I'm really sorry, Ben-san."

Ben: "It's your car now. Why apologize?"

Then Takanori just looks around and then spaces out.

Ben: "Oh, what's wrong?"

Takanori: "Nah, I just remembered someone I met here recently. That person is from overseas. She looks very promising, actually; and she reminded me of myself. I saw her skills one time in her S13 Silvia. But at the last minute, it heated up and returned to the pits. After that, that's the time I met her. She actually challenged me and I accepted it."

Ben: "I see. Well, what are gonna do right now?"

Takanori: "I will be the one to give her a challenge...

...with this blazing red R34!!!"

He gets in the R34 and enters the track. After warming up the tires, Takanori steps on the accelerator pedal hard. Approaching the first corner, he performs lightning-fast heel-and-toe and downshifting work.

7743234274_b4940a400d_c.jpg

Takanori: "The R34 has neutral handling. It will happen if I control the throttle inputs properly."

7743233668_bb45830b99_c.jpg

Takanori: "Tsukuba might be small, but it's actually challenging. No wonder a lot gather here every weekend to put their skills to the test."

7743233174_9e16822969_c.jpg

The R34 instantly blasts away at the corner exit.

At the last hairpin, Takanori easily tucks in the R34 at the apex.

7743232738_d0a1f4ba71_c.jpg

Takanori: "I can do this easily in an R34. The R32 does take some effort to do it, though."

At the short straight, the R34 hits 240 KM/H.

7743232136_e09b9317df_c.jpg

Takanori: "A stock car can do 180-200 KM/H here. This is 800 horsepower at work!"

At the last corner, Takanori controls his accelerator and steering inputs.

7743231694_721445c77c_c.jpg

Takanori: "Just tuck her in.... don't let understeer kill you. GT-Rs are not as easy to drive as everybody thinks. Understeer is their main weakness."

7743231294_3f1896a4d7_c.jpg

It sets a lap time of 50 seconds flat.

Takanori: "All right!"

Meanwhile, in Germany, Takuma just takes a leisurely walk in Berlin. He takes photos of the tourist spots, and then do some window shopping as well. He takes time to think as he sits on a bench.

Takuma: "No wonder a lot of people want to travel around the world. It is refreshing and exciting at the same time. I need a lot of time to think. I'm sorry, Takanori.... Please give me time."

The next morning, before he can get in the car, he puts 2 small white decals on the windows of the doors of his FD3S. The stickers he put are in Kanji writing:

高法​

Which means "Takanori".

Takuma: "All right, the stickers are in place."

He heads out as soon he started up the car. After hours of traveling, he arrives at the Nurburgring Nordschleife.

7743230942_5862dcc622_c.jpg

There are also no cars present around the morning. A perfect time to stretch the FD's performance to the max.

7743230490_7c1e53723e_c.jpg

The car effortlessly clings to the apex, thanks to Takuma's excellent steering work.

Takuma: "I love this car a lot."

7743230120_4235ffdf0a_c.jpg

Takuma: "Takanori is my inspiration. I'm trying to warm up to other people because of him...."

7743229742_687d71c49f_c.jpg

Takuma: "I want to meet him when I am ready... when I am smiling and laughing. I don't want to be like the cold-hearted person like I was. I want to return his feelings and be the ideal big brother that he idolizes."

7743229326_118ea30ea8_c.jpg

Takuma: "Though I don't know how long we'll be apart, Takanori."

7743228956_8be91d3b78_c.jpg

The 3 rotor exhaust sound continues to roar all throughout the racetrack. It provides a unique wake up call for those who are living around it.

End of Page 1

Page 2 - Takanori Limited Edition

The next day, Takuma has brought his FD to a paint shop just beside the Nurburgring racetrack premises. While waiting for the job to be finished, he enters the track along with his matte black helmet.

At the pits, he sees the crew from Nissan working on a white 2012 Nissan GT-R. He observes them.

Takuma: "Setting another Nurburgring lap record with their GT-R again? These guys from Nissan sure has no concept of taking a break, huh?"

Then the chief engineer of the R35 GT-R, named Kazutoshi Mizuno, notices Takuma and approaches him.

Kazutoshi: "Oh, it's you! Takanori Kanonji!"

Takuma: "Ummmm... uh...."

Kazutoshi: "What's wrong?"

Takuma: "I am his twin. I am Takuma Kanonji. It's a pleasure to meet you."

He bows before Kazutoshi. Kazutoshi is surprised.

Kazutoshi: "Wait, you're alive!? Well, it's really nice to know that."

Takuma: "So, you're at it again?"

Kazutoshi: "This is a gift for your twin, Takanori. It's called the Takanori Limited Edition! This is Nissan's thanks for Takanori's contribution to Nissan's motorsport history. It will only be limited to 50 units, all painted in White Pearl (3P). 25 in Japan and 25 distributed overseas. We do work on his R32 in his every race, you know?"

Takuma inspects the interior, and notices that the seats have Takanori's name in Kanji stitched on the seats and one is engraved on the dashboard. Plus, Takanori's white Alpinestars racing gloves are found on the center console.

Takuma: "A subtle difference, huh?"

Kazutoshi: "Power has also increased to 570 HP as well. You are right, there are subtle changes."

Takuma: "How much will you sell those limited 50 units?"

Kazutoshi: "Around 30 million yen. Oh, can I ask a favor?"

Takuma: "I'm okay with it. What's that?"

Kazutoshi: "Can you set a lap time with this car?"

Takuma: "No problem. But on one condition."

Kazutoshi: "What is it?"

Takuma: "Never mention my existence. That's all. We have to keep this meeting a secret."

The white GT-R is ready to go. Takuma dons his matte black Simpson helmet and sets off. He first warms up the tires before starting another lap.

The moment the GT-R crosses the line, Kazutoshi clicks the stopwatch to start recording.

The GT-R shows no sign of understeer at the first corner.

7745421848_8b13386282_c.jpg

It just hugs the ideal racing line.

7745421552_6161708687_c.jpg

7745421304_9065fbaf3c_c.jpg

Takuma: "The car's grip is just phenomenal. You turn the wheel, and the car responds immediately."

7745421078_40ef2ffdc1_c.jpg

7745420788_9bd331e8c8_c.jpg

Takuma: "Takanori will love pushing this car to the apex. It's easy to do it in this car!"

It blitzes the famous Karrusell hairpin at 90 km/h.

7745420468_18c7359659_c.jpg

7745420172_a17710e0b4_c.jpg

Takuma: "No wonder the R35 GT-R is being sought after by everyone. It's the supercar performance that can be bought for an affordable price. Not this one, though."

At the long straight, the GT-R hits 300 km/h.

7745419782_f9fffe3e27_c.jpg

It completes a lap time of 7 minutes and 2.9 seconds. Kazutoshi is amazed at the result.

7745419366_d2bb1310c6_c.jpg

Kazutoshi: "I can't believe it. He did it in under 7:10?"

The GT-R returns to the pits, with the crew clapping at Takuma as he steps out of the car and taking off his helmet.

Takuma: "Thank you. This is an amazing car. And I'm sure my little brother will appreciate this."

Kazutoshi: "Of course! In fact, that particular unit will be sent immediately to Takanori in Japan! We will make an ad shortly after this. In fact, we shot some clips as you drove along a while ago for the ad."

Takuma: "Okay then. Just make sure that you and your crew only know my existence."

Kazutoshi: "No problem! Again, thank you for your help!"

Takuma: "You're welcome. I shall be off."

Takuma waves his hand goodbye and smiles as he walks away.

Takuma: "There... This is the start of me warming up to other people."

In Japan, at the evening, Takanori and Makoto are about to sleep while watching TV. Just as the two are on a bed and Makoto getting the remote, they see the advertisement of the GT-R Takanori Edition. Clips of the GT-R in action at the Nurburgring are being displayed on the screen.

"7 minutes and 2.9 seconds....

Once again, the GT-R has made another mark at the Nurburgring. And this one is dedicated to one of the fastest racers in Japan.

The Takanori Limited Edition. Limited to 50 units. Experience the fruit of Nissan's motorsport knowhow. And feel like Takanori Kanonji as you sit behind the wheel.

Makoto: "Wow! A GT-R dedicated for you!"

Takanori: "Nissan told me on my birthday that they have surprise underway. So that's it, huh? Nice!!! And I praise the driver for setting that amazing lap time."

Makoto: "I'm sure everyone will kill for that car. 50 units!? I wonder how much will each car cost?"

Takanori: "I'll check the Internet for details tomorrow. Anyway, I need sleep. Good night, honey."

Makoto: "Good night."

The two kiss and proceed to sleep after Makoto turns off the TV.

The next morning, Takanori wakes up early and opens up the computer. He searches for the GT-R Takanori Limited Edition. He clicks first on an article about the car. He finds out the price of the car.

Takanori: "30 million yen!? That's too rich for my blood for a GT-R!!!"

Then he searches for more images. A lot of images came out. Then he clicks on a photo of it tearing up the Nurburgring. He clicks the image to enlarge it.

Then he notices something....

7745420468_18c7359659_c.jpg

He zooms the image further. He vaguely sees Takuma's matte black Alpinestars helmet in the picture.

Takanori: "Aniki!?"

End of Page 2

Last edited:
Page 3 - My Old Man's Race Machine

Takanori is taken by shock upon seeing Takuma's signature matte black Alpinestars helmet in the GT-R picture.

Takanori: "Aniki!? Is that really you???"

Makoto is awakened and also goes to the computer. She hugs him.

Makoto: "Honey.... Takuma-san is gone. I'm sure it's another racing car driver piloting that GT-R."

Takanori: "But.... but.... I know no one who wears that helmet aside from Aniki! It's definitely him!"

Makoto: "You're still in grief... I can tell that. Can't you accept the fact that he's gone? He's living, all right; but in your heart."

Takanori: "Aniki...."

Makoto: "To cheer you up, I'll cook your favorite breakfast, okay? I'll head to the kitchen now."

Takanori: "Okay... I'll jog outside while you're at it. I'll be back in a jiffy."

She heads to the kitchen to prepare Takanori's favorite breakfast while Takanori puts on his sweatshirt and jogging pants with rubber shoes and then he heads out.

While jogging, he is remembering the brief moments that he and Takuma had spent together.

Takanori: "Aniki.... When will we bicker again?"

He increases his pace, but at the same time, tears flow out from his eyes.

Takanori: "Why am I like this? Why can't I move on? Is it because of our bond as twins? I idolized him! He's my role model!"

Suddenly, his smartphone rings. Ben is at the other line.

Takanori: "Ben-san? *sniffles*"

Ben: "Oh for crying out loud, you're mourning in the morning?"

Takanori: "I just thought of Aniki.... I'm sorry."

Ben: "Get over it! You can't win Super GT if you are like that!"

Takanori: "Super GT?"

Ben: "That's right, chap. We are invited to race in Super GT. Nissan has prepared a GT-R GT500 for you. You will also receive your own Takanori Limited Edition R35 GT-R on that day."

Takanori: "I see. I guess I have to shape up, then."

Ben: "That's right, you idiot. Now move on, for goodness sake. Or else, you'll get insane for all eternity."

Takanori: "It's just so sudden. I mean, I just got to know him! And that was very short! Who wouldn't be devastated?"

Ben: "I just hope you have moved on. What about your dreams? Don't quit after you made it this far! You have to do it for Michiharu... and now also for Takuma as well! If I am there beside you right now, I could have punched you so hard on the face right now so that I can beat some real-world sense on to you."

In Italy, also in the morning, Takuma has arrived and checked in a hotel. He once again is clad in Black Stig racing suit and helmet to conceal his identity. As he walks around outside, he does not mind the people who are looking at him because of his outfit.

7746338448_b0bf91c8de_c.jpg

Then he sees Alessandro Rossi, eating alone at a restaurant. While slurping his coffee, he sees Takuma standing right in front of him.

Alessandro: "How may I help you, amico mio?"

7746337796_5f86635b9a_c.jpg

Takuma: "Don't you recognize me? Just by this getup?"

Then Takuma raises the helmet's visor.

Alessandro: "Ah, the color of your eyes. Oh my god! You're alive!"

Takuma: "Quiet! We have to keep this between ourselves, okay? Just like the old times. I am not ready to face my family especially Takanori! Not yet..."

Alessandro: "Ohhhhh.... No guts, eh?"

Takuma: "I still have yet to discover myself...."

Alessandro: "Then do it by racing! After all, the Kanonji name is known for that, right? Here, let me help you. I'll show you something."

He points at a red Ferrari 330 P4 just nearby.

7746338898_b2b32dd167_c.jpg

Alessandro: "See that 330P4 over there? That's your old man's weapon to stardom. I just finished restoring that beauty a while ago."

Takuma: "Really? Hmmmm.... I don't know. I'm not too fond on old cars, they get cranky easily."

Alessandro: "I expect someone like you to say that. With all the gadgetry that modern cars have nowadays, even the professional race car drivers rely on them now. Before, it was a test of true skill!"

Takuma: "So, you're gonna let me test it? Fine, I'm in."

Alessandro: "Wonderful! And a perfect opportunity to invite you to a race."

Takuma: "What race is it?"

Alessandro: "It is only held once a year. It's called the Historic Racing Car Cup! Race cars of the past gather and re-live the glory days! Everyone will remember your father if you win this race! And you might as well find yourself there... after all, you are a Kanonji."

Takuma: "Sounds good, I'm in."

Then Takuma tests out the 330P4's potential at the Autodromo Nazionale Monza Circuit.

7746341528_2a8f0ca679_c.jpg

Takuma: "320 KM/H on the long straight. It's exhilarating!"

7746341146_5ca9a9367f_c.jpg

Takuma: "No power steering, no ABS, no traction control, no other crap that hinders this car's performance. This will test your ability!"

7746340740_32aba36895_c.jpg

Takuma: "I'm playing with the throttle pedal in this car."

7746340104_2eb0c2a686_c.jpg

Takuma: "The steering is heavy, but oddly, it gets lighter when you're on the move. And yet this car can corner as fast as modern racing machines!"

7746339702_266d264363_c.jpg

Takuma: "This car is actually fun to drive. I immediately fell in love with this. It's also the most beautiful race car I've ever seen."

7746339206_b56fc7122f_c.jpg

He returns to the pits. Alessandro inspects the car.

Alessandro: "Belissimo! That is to be expected from a Kanonji! You have your father's guts and skill!"

Takuma: "Really? Am I as good as that old man?"

Alessandro: "Of course!"

Takuma: "I actually hated him. Because I thought that he abandoned me. Until I met Takanori and I just realized how good of a father he was."

Alessandro: "Your father is just the nicest person I've known. Sure, he's as silent as you are on the outside, but inside he is gentle-hearted and determined to win."

Takuma: "Just like Takanori.... though he is loud and cheerful on the outside."

End of Page 3

Page 4 - A Lecture in the R32

The next morning in Japan, Axel calls up Takanori to meet up at the park. When Takanori arrived at the park, he sits on a bench drinking a can of coffee he got from the vending machine. Minutes later, Axel and Katrine arrive.

Axel: "Sorry to keep you waiting! Sumimasen!"

Takanori: "Osoi da yo! So, what's up? Why did you call me?"

Axel: "I need your help once again in buying a used car."

Takanori: "Sure, no problem! Shall we head to that car lot again?"

Axel: "Yes! Ikimashou!"

Katrine: "Ugh... I am dropped out from your Japanese conversation again. Oh well, I have to get used to it."

They have arrived at that popular car lot that racers prefer at Shibuya. Axel points at a Gun Gray metallic R32 GT-R.

Takanori: "Nice!"

Axel: "Katrine and I have been eyeing on that car since yesterday. Before I buy it, I need a professional opinion! Haha!"

Takanori scratches his head while laughing.

Takanori: "Ahahahaha! Well, let me just check under the hood, okay?"

So the dealer gladly opened the car's hood. Takanori inspects the engine bay thoroughly.

Axel: "Wow, that's what an R32 expert does. Even with his eyes closed, he can detect problems along the way."

Takanori: "You have to check everything first when buying a 2nd hand car here. Remember what I said, that buying a 2nd hand car in Japan can be so tricky."

Axel: "Right."

Katrine: "Seen any problems, Takanori-san?"

Takanori: "She's clean and fresh as a daisy! Oh wait, hang on a minute..."

He connects a wire to a fuse.

Takanori: "And that's all! If I did not connect that wire over there, the R32 would have been RWD. That's the 4WD fuse over there."

Axel: "Wow, words from an expert!"

Takanori: "Dad taught me everything about the R32 when I was a kid. That's why..."

Axel: "Okay then, how much is that car?"

Takanori: "3 million yen. Not bad!"

Axel: "I'll take it!"

After a few minutes of signing some papers, the three set off now with the R32 GT-R with Axel driving it. They are cruising along the city center.

Axel: "We'll go straight to the racetrack nearby!"

Katrine: "Oh well, that's to be expected."

Takanori: "Sounds like a good idea to stretch this car."

They head to the highway. When they are at the bayshore route, Axel applies more pressure on the throttle. The car accelerates and instantly overtakes the other cars.

Takanori: "That feels really good! But I think that has to stop..."

Axel: "Why?"

Takanori: "This is not the Autobahn, remember that. And police can catch you by just looking at this car's plate number. They may not apprehend you while chasing, but they'll just visit your home due to the plate number..."

Axel: "Ouch."

So he eased off the accelerator and returns to cruising speeds of 100 km/h.

Axel: "So, I watched the new R35 GT-R commercial. Even though I did not understand what the narrator of that commercial said, but I think that GT-R is for you."

Takanori: "Yeah. I will have one of those as Nissan's gift to me. I am impressed at the lap time."

Axel: "Unbelievable, isn't it? It reminded me on how you blitzed the Nurburgring with the V12 Vantage."

Takanori: ("But my guts tell me that it's you, Aniki... I can feel it!")

An hour has passed, and they have arrived at a racetrack. They have parked the car and the three step out. Takanori stretches his arms up and yawns.

Takanori: "We're here!"

Axel: "I'm excited to test her out."

Takanori: "Open the hood, please."

Axel: "Why?"

When Axel did as what he told, Takanori disconnected a wire.

Takanori: "I need to remove the 180 km/h limiter. That is just so basic among sports car owners."

Axel: "180 KM/H?"

Takanori: "All domestic cars here are fitted with 180 km/h limiters. So that the police can catch speeders easily."

Then suddenly, a German man approaches the trio.

Axel: "Wait a minute, Alfred?"

Alfred: "How are you, Axel! Never thought that you would be here."

Axel: "Hah! I am living here for good."

Alfred: "Really? Is it because of your Japanese roots? Oh well. Hey listen, this is an open track day. You think you can keep up with my Lotus Esprit? I don't think so."

Axel: "Unless I try..."

Alfred shows a smirk on his face as he walks away.

Takanori: "Your rival, I suppose."

Axel: "Yes. He's my batch mate in racing school back home. He graduated with highest honors."

Takanori: "Let me drive your R32. I'll have a lecture."

Axel: "Ryoukai, Takanori-sensei!"

The three get back in the car, now with Takanori behind the wheel.

Takanori: "Buckle up! This is a free and exciting lecture courtesy of Takanori Kanonji!"

The R32 enters the track. Takanori floors it.

7751501660_b8bdf0972d_c.jpg

At the first corner, Katrine freaks out as Takanori tucks in at the apex that the car almost scrapes the wall.

Katrine: "Eeeeeek! The wall! The wall!"

7751501324_def328304a_c.jpg

7751501028_6efda25f7f_c.jpg

7751500710_d88ce2dbc6_c.jpg

Axel: "That's Takanori-sensei for ya!"

7751500408_994a5552c9_c.jpg

Takanori: "Who says the R32 understeers all the time? Heh, they haven't driven the real thing!"

7751500014_9a38e4aa34_c.jpg

Takanori controls the accelerator inputs at the corners.

Takanori: "Every GT-R suffers from understeer. It's not just the R32. GT-Rs are not as easy to drive as everybody thinks. Throttle control is important; you have to have the right timing when to bury it and then ease it off."

At a high speed loop, the R32 blitzes through it at 160 km/h whereas other cars can only do it in 130 KM/H. Katrine is amazed by the speed.

7751499726_1346301305_c.jpg

Katrine: "So fast!"

Takanori: "They are scaredy-cats. You can even do this kind of speed in this loop on a front wheel drive car!"

Then he steps harder on the throttle, the R32 once again is inches away from the guardrail.

7751499282_3367f4f716_c.jpg

Takanori: "I'm just demonstrating on how being a leadfoot can understeer your GT-R."

He brakes late and then performs his lightning-fast heel and toe footwork and downshifts.

7751499014_b3b534c9b6_c.jpg

Axel: "Whoa! My eyes can't keep up with that!"

The R32 overtakes a Z34.

7751498624_7f0380d5af_c.jpg

Back at the main straight, Takanori drafts the R32 behind an R34.

7751498186_d75b3b1970_c.jpg

Axel: "That would be hard to pass, I believe."

Takanori: "Not quite. The R32 GT-R actually has the best power-to-weight ratio among the three."

7751497696_bee4177670_c.jpg

Axel is amazed on how they are keeping up with Alfred's Esprit.

7751497296_24e4804cbc_c.jpg

Axel: "Sugoi! I'm seeing Alfred's Esprit already! Floor it, Takanori-sensei!"

7751496854_dbb15e823e_c.jpg

Alfred is surprised upon seeing the R32 on his tail.

Alfred: "What!? My Lotus has 350 HP! How can this be?"

Then finally, the two cars are side-by-side as they brake. At that brief moment, Takanori looks at Alfred. He puts up a grin on his face and shows a thumbs up.

Alfred: "That's.... TAKANORI!!!!"

7751496472_f4fb17dbb6_c.jpg

Takanori then floors the R32 and overtakes the Esprit just before entering the corner. Then it displays amazing exit speed at the corner.

7751496166_40c35011ba_c.jpg

Axel: "Take that, Alfred! You just witnessed the skill of the fastest racer in Japan!"

Takanori scratches his head once again.

Takanori: "Fastest racer, you say?"

7751495806_f597cdb98c_c.jpg

Alfred: "I can't believe it, he's pulling away!"

7751495466_35e5913e6e_c.jpg

Takanori: "Just be easy on the throttle, that's the key."

7751495036_94c13accc2_c.jpg

They return to the parking lot. Takanori grabs three cans of soda from the vending machine and gives the 2 to Axel and Katrine.

Katrine: "What you did is totally mind-blowing! I could learn a lot from you as well."

Takanori: "Well, that's what I really am. Whenever I am in an R32, I go crazy with it."

Axel: "Hey, so what are your plans next?"

Takanori: "I will race in Super GT soon."

Axel: "Good luck! Katrine and I will watch!"

Takanori: "That's the lecture for today! Have you learned a lot, Onii-san?"

Axel: "A lot! Danke Schoen!

Takanori: "Huh?"

Katrine: "That's "Thank You" in German."

Takanori: "No problem!"

Once again, Takanori puts up a big smile and shows a thumbs up.

In Monaco, at 9 am. The Historic Racing Car Cup has started.

7751502382_80e713e3f0_c.jpg

Takuma: "See ya at the finish line, Trollmobile!"

Then he sets his eyes on to his next opponents.

7751501996_0cf4fa2aef_c.jpg

Takuma: "This would be fun..."

End of Page 4

Page 5 - Takuma's Touch

A few laps has passed, and Takuma is climbing up the ranks.

7755858166_7b520db2a0_c.jpg

Takuma: "All right, I'm getting close to the leader."

7755857786_8333d404f5_c.jpg

7755857478_ce433f9844_c.jpg

Takuma: "Just overtake that Chaparral, and the race is mine!"

At the hairpin, he steps harder on the throttle to initiate a drift.

7755857020_8f91325a82_c.jpg

Takuma: "This racetrack is really technical. Throttle control is the key to master this track. And I'm actually struggling to pass that Chaparral over there."

7755856602_7a07bac887_c.jpg

Back at the pits, the announcer notices Alessandro just standing by. Then he grabs his microphone at the stage.

Announcer: "Ladies and Gentlemen, the retired crew chief Alessandro Rossi is here! He has left racing for 30 years and now he's back! I wonder what's he up to now?"

Then he visits Alessandro and initiates an interview. Reporters and cameramen also crowd around him.

Announcer: "Mr. Rossi, it's been a long time since you left. Tell me, do you have plans on returning as a crew chief?"

Alessandro: "No... nooo... Just this one race only. When I heard about this event, it reminded of the greatest race I've witnessed in my life; here in this exact location, with my greatest driver."

Then they see the red 330 P4 crossing the line to start another lap.

Announcer: "Whoa! Isn't that the famous Ferrari 330 P4 driven by Michiharu Kanonji? Who is driving it now, now that he has passed away?"

Alessandro: "You will find out soon. After all, it's the last lap."

7755856292_01a5e65be4_c.jpg

Then Takuma takes the victory. After receiving a gold trophy and medal, he returns to the pits, with media and paparazzi storming around him.

Reporter 1: "You put up a great race today. Are you a new driver?"

Reporter 2: "When is your next race?"

Reporter 3: "Who are you, by the way? Are you a new driver?"

Takuma then stops and answers the question in Japanese.

Takuma: "Watashi no namae wa kuroi Stig da. Motorsports no sekai wo uchikatsu tsumori da! Misete aru yo...."

Seeing that Takuma is being crowded, Alessandro joins in and lets Takuma out.

Alessandro: "Sorry everyone, my driver is incapable of speaking English. Please excuse us."

Takuma did not bother taking off his helmet at all even when he entered the van after the crew is finished loading up the 330 P4 in the truck. The media is left confused and wondering who the Black Stig is...

Inside the van, Takuma takes a deep breath.

Takuma: "The race was rather fun."

Alessandro: "Indeed. So, will you conceal your identity until you are ready to face the world?"

Takuma: "Yes. For now, everyone thinks that I'm dead. Besides, ever since the start of my career, I have kept a low profile. Therefore, I am not really as popular as Takanori ever since. But I will be, soon...."

Alessandro: "But the world knows your death, and it would be a total surprise if you decided to show up."

Takuma: "That's normal, of course."

Alessandro: "Your answer in Japanese reminded me on how your father was incapable of speaking English during his heyday. You know, you are exactly like your father."

Takuma: "You think so?"

Alessandro: "Absolutely!"

A week later, Takuma is being contacted by Kazutoshi to meet up, so he heads once again to Nurburgring Nordschleife in Germany. Upon arriving, he sees a matte black Nissan GT-R GT500 being pulled out of the truck. Kazutoshi oversees things until Takuma shows up, still in his Black Stig outfit.

Kazutoshi: "Oh, so having a new look now, huh?"

Takuma: "I have been in this race suit for years. Plus, I am keeping a low profile ever since I started racing."

Kazutoshi: "This is what your twin will use in the upcoming Super GT. I contacted you so that you can give a feedback of the car and what adjustments can be done."

Takuma: "Perfect. That car can use a little bit of my touch."

After the initial set-up, Takuma straps in the GT-R GT500 and tests the car's abilities.

7755855740_d00785e1dd_c.jpg

Takuma: "I've got tons of G forces in this car. Impressive."

7755855346_d20b6fa9a5_c.jpg

Takuma: "The 4.5 liter V8 in this car packs a serious punch. No wonder Nissan is bagging the wins at the Super GT."

7755854972_5ac29b11e6_c.jpg

Takuma: "Though I could fiddle this one for a bit... hehehehehe. Takanori, you will love this machine. And I don't know if you will bicker with me with this. Hah!"

At the evening, Takuma returns to his hotel in Germany. As he is about to enter the lobby, he sees a woman being chased after by some thugs.

"Help! Somebody help me!"

Takuma then rushes from behind and breaks one of the thugs' neck. The others stop and one of them holds the woman hostage.

Thug 1: "Look, a black Power Ranger!"

Thug 2: "What are you gonna do now? This woman is ours!"

Then one of them attacks Takuma, but he soundly knocks the thug down with a jumping roundhouse kick. Then he quickly separates the woman away from the thug who held her hostage. Takuma disarms that thug and knocks him out with a somersault kick.

Takuma: "Your rather revealing attire attracts those thugs, Hiroko!"

Then she zips up her jacket.

Hiroko: "How do you know me?"

Takuma: "Don't you recognize my voice, Hiroko?"

Takuma takes off his helmet. Hiroko is shocked. And then she hugs him in tears.

Hiroko: "I thought you were gone!!!"

Takuma: "I'm sorry, Hiroko. I made you sad..."

Hiroko: "You know, I got depressed because of you! You're back.... I'm so happy!"

Takuma: "Don't worry, I'll be on your side from now on."

The two take a leisurely walk, with Takuma putting back his helmet on.

Hiroko: "Why do you have to be in that outfit?"

Takuma: "Because I'm not yet ready to face the world, especially Takanori."

Hiroko: " I see. Don't worry, you can do it! Hey... remember the time that we parted ways?"

Takuma: "Of course. What, you want to start over again?"

Hiroko: "We did not fight or anything, but it's because I can't stand a long-distance relationship, you know?"

Takuma: "I know that. But are you willing to start over?"

Hiroko: "Sure, I'm open to it. I am thinking of you every time ever since you died. Now that you're here, I am happy again."

Takuma: "So, how's your life here as a tour guide?"

Hiroko: "Life is good here, but I will be assigned back in Japan. I will be leaving tomorrow."

Takuma: "Me too, actually, I will watch my brother racing in Super GT. Let's go together."

Hiroko: "No problem! Besides, I have something to show to you when we arrive there! Heehee..."

Takuma then caresses her long brown hair.

Takuma: "I missed this long, brown, soft, and smooth hair that is very relaxing to touch. Don't you ever dare trim it, okay?"

Hiroko: "You used to touch it all day! And of course I won't trim it! This hair is one of the ways to remember you!"

They stopped by at a cafe to have a late dinner.

End of Page 5

The girls on your history are way too easy... :lol:

Plus, the car is not matte black, it is carbon fiber color! Which is more like graphite. :P

DarkAvengerZR1
Plus, the car is not matte black, it is carbon fiber color! Which is more like graphite. :P

I see it as matte black. :P

EDIT:

DarkAvengerZR1
The girls on your history are way too easy... :lol:

First things first, it is not about how Takuma should win a heart back and this is not a love story. If it was, then I could have made his and Hiroko's relationship more detailed and complicated, that he and Hiroko had a serious fight, and there will be another few pages explaining about their relationship and the main goal of Takuma would be winning that girl back. And for the record, I never made a racing story which focuses on love.

But it isn't, really. So it's all about Takuma's path to change and self-discovery. And since Takuma is the central character here, I just wanted to add a little more detail to him that he has an ex, in which by the way, parted ways of him simply because of a long-distance relationship and they didn't had a fight unlike what happened to Axel and Katrine in the first book.

Anyways, the next page would be:

Page 6 - Test the Tuner!

Last edited:
Page 6 - Test The Tuner!

Upon arriving in Japan...

7755854528_29b43b4f71_c.jpg

Hiroko: "Ahahahahaha!!! Weeeeeee!!!"

Takuma: "So this is what you want to show to me, huh? And you have good driving skills."

7755854364_e29799bf16_c.jpg

Hiroko's R33 GT-R is running at 320 KM/H.

Hiroko: "I had a close friend, who is a mechanic, who tuned this car. He only did basic tuning. This GT-R now has 615 horsepower!"

Takuma: "At least you have a GT-R that can be suitable for both track and everyday use."

Hiroko: "That's right!"

7755854136_3aace16e13_c.jpg

Takuma: "Good speed."

Hiroko: "Tomorrow, this car will be on a taping in a motoring show to be aired on Saturday! The name of the show is Motoring Weekend!"

Takuma: "Nice!"

Hiroko: "I wonder what Takanori-san will say on this car. This has to be in its best form tomorrow!"

Takuma: "Takanori?"

Hiroko: "Oh, he is one of the show's hosts. He is the one in charge of testing the tuned cars that viewers submit every week. He is in a segment called Test The Tuner."

Takuma: "Huh, pretty cool."

Hiroko: "You must come with me tomorrow if you want to see him! After all, you have to make him happy."

Takuma: "There is a right time for that, Hiroko. Like I said, I'm not ready to face him."

Hiroko: "Oh well, I won't force you."

Takuma: "Besides, I have to fine-tune his Nissan GT-R GT500 that he will use for the upcoming Super GT. I will be busy tomorrow. Good luck for tomorrow."

Hiroko: "Thanks!"

The next morning, Hiroko arrives at the Twin Ring Motegi East Course to have her car tested by Takanori. When she steps out from her car, she sees the film crew busy setting up the lights and camera. Takanori is seen drinking a cup of coffee.

Takanori: "I hate waking up early! I only slept for 3 hours!"

Director: "Well, that's what being a host feels like. You have to be available all the time."

Takanori: "Though it's fun being one, isn't it?"

Then he sees Hiroko and her R33.

Takanori: "So that's what I'm testing for today's shoot. I'll go approach her."

He walks close to her and waves his hand.

Takanori: "Excuse me, miss. Are you the owner of the car to be tested on today's episode?"

Hiroko: "Oh yes! Hi, my name is Hiroko Tsukamoto. With me is my cute R33 GT-R!"

Takanori: "That car is nice to look at. Very clean."

Hiroko: "Takanori-san, well..."

Takanori: "What is it?"

Hiroko shows him a pair of white Alpinestars gloves similar to what he wears.

Hiroko: "Can you sign these for me, please?"

Takanori: "Hey, those are nice! No problem!"

He grabs a pen from the table and signs on the gloves.

Director: "We're all set! Mr. Kanonji, we're ready to roll!"

Takanori: "Roger! Well, the taping is about to start."

Hiroko: "Okay."

Takanori stands in front of the camera.

Director: "Lights. Camera. Action!"

Takanori: "Good Morning everyone! I am Takanori Kanonji, and welcome back to Motoring Weekend! It's time again for the TEST THE TUNER segment! Today's episode will be another special one. Last week, I tested a black S13 Silvia owned by a woman and it was a very good example for those who are starting to tune their cars. This week, another woman with a very fast tuned car enters the fray! Please welcome, Hiroko Tsukamoto!"

Hiroko goes in front of the camera and bows.

Hiroko: "Good morning! I have here my fabulous R33 GT-R!"

Takanori: "That looks really clean. What kind of tuning have you done with it?"

Hiroko: "Takanori-san, my R33 is tuned for track day use without the compromise for daily driveability!"

Takanori: "Interesting. You know, most tuned cars have compromises. So, let's see if this is a well-balanced GT-R. Let's have a ride, shall we?"

Director: "Okay, cut! On to the test!"

The crew installs some cameras in the car. They put some nearby to the pedals, at the back seats, and on the dashboard. Hiroko and Takanori enter the car, with the latter behind the wheel.

Takanori floors the throttle. At a corner, the car hugs the apex.

7756925232_0f9a7f9446_c.jpg

Takanori: "You know, I haven't driven an R33. But what I can say that this really lives to the expectations as a street tuned car."

Hiroko: "Initial impressions?"

7756924846_ddbb19de44_c.jpg

Takanori: "Nice! The car rockets away the instant I step on the pedal! Usually, a big power aftermarket turbo sacrifices low rpm boost for the sake of power."

Hiroko: "I don't want to risk breaking the engine, that's why the tuner only installed a Stage 1 aftermarket turbo. This car only has 615 horsepower with basic tuning done."

Takanori: "I see. And kudos to the tuner who made an impressive work on this car!"

7756924552_3d30abd190_c.jpg

Takanori: "Ooooh. Good brakes!"

At another corner though, the R33 shows signs of understeer.

7756924250_0ab1193e0a_c.jpg

Takanori: "Uh-oh, I missed the clipping point there. Hmmmm.... I think the suspension still has to be adjusted. But this current set-up is good for the road."

Hiroko: "I don't want to make too much compromises on ride quality."

Takanori: "It's okay. Besides, this car already is suitable for the road too. The fact is, the R33 GT-R's chassis is based on the long-wheelbase form of the sedan. That, plus the heavy engine sitting on the front wheels is a recipe for understeer. The R32 and the R34 have shorter wheelbases. But, oddly enough, this car turns better than the R32, you know?"

7756923956_3f7fb5bd2f_c.jpg

Takanori: "I can clip this car easily on the apex."

7756923638_7e968d3e54_c.jpg

Takanori: "On to the last corner...

7756923342_033612747c_c.jpg

...a little bit of understeer again."

7756923010_df7f5c701a_c.jpg

Takanori: "But the boost comes up on demand."

The test has ended, and Takanori is in front of the camera once again.

Takanori: "What can I say? Well, this car is a great example of balance. Although the suspension needs to have a little adjustment to reduce the understeer I experienced back there. The power comes on at demand which in turn is a very responsive engine. This R33 is fit for both road and track. On my 1-10 rating, this car gets an 8!"

He shows once again his trademark big smile and a thumbs up.

Takanori: "A thumbs up for this R33 GT-R!"

Director: "And cut! Okay, that's it for today! You can see this on Saturday!"

Hiroko: "Thank you very much! It's really nice to meet the legend in person!"

Takanori scratches his head.

Takanori: "Legend, you say? Ehehehehehe..."

Hiroko: "No wonder your show gets a lot of views even from the overseas!"

Takanori: "That's really nice to hear! I hope you'll be happy to watch this on Saturday!"

Hiroko: "Of course! Hey, sorry to cut this short, but I need to go."

Takanori: "No problem. Thank you for your time!"

Hiroko: "You're welcome!"

She gets back in her R33 and leaves. While driving along, she thinks.

Hiroko: "I wanted to say it... but I think he won't believe me. Besides, I think Takuma-kun must be the one to do it."

At the evening, when the employees of the Mochi shop have gone home, Takuma arrives just in front of the door of their house.

Takuma: "I'm worried about Mom.... Maybe I need to let her know."

7757115118_03220d49c4_c.jpg

He slowly opens the door and enters.

Takuma: "Tadaima!"

Upon hearing her son's voice, Tomoko quickly goes to the living room. She bursts in tears upon seeing Takuma, alive and well. He takes off the helmet just to make sure.

Tomoko: "Okaeri!"

She hugs him tightly.

Tomoko: "Oh Takuma!!! You're alive! I miss you so much!"

Takuma then sheds a single tear.

Takuma: "I'm worried that you might get sorely depressed. That's why I have to go home."

Tomoko: "Takanori will definitely be happy to see you!"

So she picks up the phone, but Takuma puts it down.

Tomoko: "Why?"

Takuma: "I am not yet ready to face Takanori. There is a right time for that... For now, I have to improve myself. I want to be his role model because I realized that he idolizes me ever since. I need to be the best example. I will not face him for now. Please, keep this a secret, okay?"

Tomoko: "Okay."

Takuma: "Don't worry Mom. I will give all the help you need. For now, I have to go."

Tomoko: "No! You must sleep here..."

Takuma: "Okay. But I won't be living here until such time I am ready. Takanori usually visits here, right? He must not see me."

Tomoko: "If that's your wish, then I won't stop you. But I need my son on my side right now."

Takuma hugs her once more.

End of Page 6

Page 7 - Gifts

As Tomoko rises up from the bed at early morning, she goes first to Takuma's room to wake her son up. But as she enters, she finds nothing but a very clean room and a well-made bed as if he did not lie down there at all. She looks for him downstairs, but she sees that the equipment for the shop are operational and the seats in the shop are now placed. The employees are now entering the shop and start their work.

Tomoko: "Takuma? Takuma! Where are you?"

She sees a note on the table.

"I slept here last night, don't worry. I opened the shop for you. For now, I must leave to continue on my journey to change... and I will look after Takanori for you.

Have a nice day and I love you, Mom."

She smiles and then tears flow on her face.

Tomoko: "Takuma...."

An hour later, Takanori enters the house. He sees her happily preparing the ingredients.

Takanori: "Mom is happy again... I wonder why."

He helps her out in preparation as usual.

Tomoko: "Oh hi there, Takanori! It's such a nice day, isn't it?"

Takanori: "It surely is. And I am seeing you smile again."

Tomoko: "Start your day with a smile, Takanori! Always do that!"

Takanori: "You're right!"

Suddenly, Takanori's phone rings again, with Ben on the other line as usual.

Takanori: "Hello? Ben-san?"

Ben: "You got to get your arse right here, right now. There are 2 cars for you that have arrived in my home. And I don't want this place to turn into some sort of a warehouse full of your cars."

Takanori: "Okay, okay. I'll be there."

The call ends and Takanori rushes towards the main door.

Takanori: "Sorry Mom! Ben needs me urgently, but I'll pick you up at dinner! We'll eat out with my wife, okay?"

Tomoko: "Okay, bye!"

Takanori: "Ittekimasu!"

Takanori arrives at Ben's residence. Before he can enter the gates, though, he sees his R35 GT-R.

7757824526_9297ebda61_c.jpg

Takanori: "So this is the Takanori Limited Edition GT-R? Looks similar to a normal GT-R for me."

He peeks the interior, and sees his name stitched on the seats.

Takanori: "Cool! And nice writing my name in Kanji. Even I find it hard to write my name in Kanji."

Ben steps out and takes a look at the car as well.

Ben: "A GT-R dedicated to some bloke who is still grieving."

Takanori: "Oh, hey there! I'm liking this R35 already, even though it's expensive as hell."

Ben: "Come in. You'll get to see what you'll use in Super GT."

As Takanori entered, he stops in shock.

7757825878_0b37f81e6b_c.jpg

Takanori: "Unreal!"

Ben: "You see this in your video game. So why be surprised?"

Takanori: "It's so wide... and low! And look at that naked carbon fiber body!"

7757825498_4df9927fdc_c.jpg

Ben: "Originally, it had a matte black paint. But when it was sent here, they changed the body immediately to full carbon fiber."

Takanori: "The guys at Nissan always do a wonderful job on their cars."

Ben: "But they have said that they had a "special help" from a race car driver."

Takanori: "I wonder who could that be?"

Ben: "Nissan is tight-lipped on that. I even asked that one too."

7757825214_292577e20d_c.jpg

Ben: "But what I can say is that this car has 4.5 liter V8 instead of the 3.8 liter twin turbo V6. Plus, it has 50:50 weight distribution."

Takanori: "I know that. And the GT-R once again dominates the Super GT."

Little do they know that Takuma is just at the garden before the gate, observing the two.

Takuma: "Takanori... I gave these cars my tender touch. I hope it's a big help for you."

Takanori steps outside for a while to send a text message to his wife. As he looks around, he sees Takuma walking away from afar for a brief second.

Takanori: "Aniki!? ANIKI!!! ANIKI!!!!!"

He runs as fast as he can calling Takuma out; but as he reached at the corner of the street, he struggles to clear through a big crowd of people at a market. As a result, Takuma is nowhere to be found.

Takanori: "Aniki... I know you're just around. I have a real good feeling that you are. Because of our strong bond, I can "sense" you. I know it's crazy, but it happens!"

Ben catches up with Takanori.

Ben: "Why are you here?"

Takanori: "I just saw Aniki! He's alive!"

Ben: "You are still grieving that you still see his soul. Get over it. What, have you touched him and he's real?"

Takanori: "I am not crazy, am I? I saw him in my naked eye. I saw the Black Stig! And it's him, right!?"

Ben: "Just get in, we are waiting for the Super GT crew that will work for us in the upcoming race. Let's go."

While returning to Ben's home, Takanori looks back and smiles.

Takanori: ("I have a feeling that we will see each other again... It's good to see you back, Aniki! I miss you....")

At another street, Takuma stops running and catches his breath.

Takuma: "That was close. But I think that should do... At least I made Takanori happy again. I'm sorry, Takanori. We'll see each other for sure, but only time can tell."

Then he gets in his RX-7 and leaves.

End of Page 7

This is getting quite good, keep it up! 👍

I'd just like to take this chance to say any similarities between my fanfic and this one are purely coincidental. And its a proven fact that most people who race RX-7s are named Takuma. :sly:

Page 8 - Tied To Your Name

Before heading back to Tokyo, Takuma takes a detour to the mountain pass.

He's drifting his RX-7, and the very loud 3 rotor engine sound can be heard all over the mountains.

7758662088_9e6cd585bb_c.jpg

Takuma: "Someone taught me to drift... It was not Ben, but a good friend of mine. He was a Watanabe... And I know his son very well. Shiro Watanabe is the name of that boy. He's similar to Takanori. A boy who is determined to win."

7758661496_422b917d1e_c.jpg

To harness the incredible power, Takuma countersteers and feathers the accelerator pedal.

7758661110_7319c971fe_c.jpg

Takuma: "Shiro's father knew about my birth. And he gave me a piece of advice..."

"Remember, you are a Kanonji. Even though you did not grew with your twin and your father, racing is in your blood. Speed and determination are tied to your name."

Takuma performs heel-and-toe and then kicks the clutch.

7758660782_4bf7443e20_c.jpg

Takuma: "I was actually depressed upon finding out his death. He's a mentor as great as Ben, but without the harshness. He was so gentle..."

7758660392_fb3b0db0c7_c.jpg

At the long corner, he once again kicks the clutch, now twice so that the drift can be maintained.

7758659760_8aaa4d4d86_c.jpg

Takuma: "But that advice he gave me... Am I really a Kanonji? I do have speed, but do I have the determination?"

Then he thinks of Takanori.

Takuma: "Takanori is the prime example of a person filled with determination. I can see the flames of determination burning within him! I want to have those too!"

He once again remembers another advice that Shiro's father have told him.

"Step on the pedal harder, Takuma! That's the simplest way of telling everyone that you are determined! Do not hesitate to overtake your opponents even if you have squeeze past by them and trade paint! Battle scars are also present in racing, you know? It just means that the driver is determined to win that he'll never hesitate to make a move!"

Takuma: "Thank you very much... I will never forget how wonderful you really are."

Upon arriving in his hotel room in Tokyo, he checks his e-mails in his laptop. He receives an e-mail from Alessandro.

"We are invited in the Dream Car Championship. They want to see "The Black Stig" in action! I will e-mail further details as soon as I receive them."

Takuma: "Perfect."

He opens the television. He sees Takanori doing the hosting stint in the Motoring Weekend. He also sees Hiroko's R33 being tested.

Takuma: "So, that little shrimp is a host of a motoring show, huh? Splendid."

Then he sees Takanori doing his signature smile and thumbs up.

Takuma: "Don't you ever lose that gesture, okay? You make people lighten up with that pose. Including me..."

After the show's credits, a commercial of the Super GT appears.

Takuma: "I gotta grab a ticket for this. I wanna see how this crybaby handles his GT-R GT500."

So he returns to his laptop to reserve a ticket online.

End of Page 8

Page 9 - The GT-R's Dominating Force

A month has passed, and the Super GT event has started. As early as dawn, racing crews arrive at Fuji Speedway to set up and test out their cars. Then spectators arrive soon after, filling the bleachers and some even visiting the pit lane to get to see the cars and drivers in person. Sexy models are also at the pits, with umbrellas to protect them from heat and glare of the sun.

Takanori is looking at the GT-R GT500's engine while drinking coffee.

Takanori: "The engine is big! Also, it sits far back from the front wheels! This is an ideal layout that even mainstream and high-performance front-engined rear wheel drive sports cars copy nowadays.

He walks out of the pit garage. He takes off his right foot from his shoe and steps on the road surface with it.

Takanori: "It's rather hot. The tires will warm up easily, but I should also conserve them properly."

Makoto and Gan arrive shortly.

Makoto: "Hey there, babe! We're here to watch!"

Takanori: "Whoa! Are you sure? Well, your tummy's a lot bigger now and I think you should not stress yourself out here. It's hot!"

Gan: "Well, your wife forced me to watch you here."

Takanori: "I guess my baby boy will like the sound of exhaust note and the smell of burning rubber and fuel, huh?"

Makoto: "Up until now, you still haven't told me our child's name. Spill it, dummy!"

Takanori: "You'll know when the baby comes out, okay?"

Makoto: "Oh seesh... All right. Fine, then I won't teach you how to cook Takuma-san's signature pasta dish!"

Takanori: "Fine by me! Haha! There's always YouTube."

An hour later, Takuma arrives and sits among the audience at the bleachers. Some are looking at him because of his Black Stig getup; but he doesn't mind and watches.

The cars are lining up by twos in a rolling start manner.

7764916116_a4e8749a24_c.jpg

Takanori: "Super GT races are always intense. This is my first time! I don't know, I might wet my pants here! All right..."

He tightens his grip on the steering wheel.

Takanori: "...I can do this!!!"

And they're off. Takanori drafts the GT-R behind and then goes to the right to attempt to take the lead.

7764915598_370ab547cd_c.jpg

Takuma: "You don't get to first place in Super GT in an instant. The drivers are dead serious on winning. Watch out, Takanori."

He successfully overtakes the other 2 R35 GT500 cars after the first corner.

7764915124_836edbf176_c.jpg

Takanori: "That's a good start!"

He steps harder on the accelerator and focuses on the Yellow Hat Supra standing on his way to the lead position.

But the Supra puts up a fight and blocks every overtaking attempts that Takanori makes. Plus, it has power to match.

7764914714_26047b1cc3_c.jpg

7764914260_dc7230a639_c.jpg

Takanori: "To be honest, I'd rather want to see a Supra in Super GT than an SC430. Toyota should have just continued producing the Supra. Stupid emissions regulations! They're killing the legendary the sports cars!"

7764913820_2ce860cfd3_c.jpg

Takanori: "And the Supra puts up a good pace from me as well. It's the only car that rivaled the GT-R in JGTC and Super GT."

7764913370_e93383a085_c.jpg

Takanori: "Damn! You're really good! Nikko, is that you? Hehehe!"

But then, at the corner before the main straight, Takanori overspeeds and his GT-R understeers, allowing the other cars to overtake him.

7764912912_3d4f430deb_c.jpg

Takanori: "Crap!"

He drafts the GT-R once again to gain speed.

7764912414_3014b24311_c.jpg

Takanori: "Fuji Speedway's main straight is really exciting especially for slipstream battles!"

The GT-R sneaks up behind a Raybrig NSX.

7764911968_c7106996c0_c.jpg

Takanori: "Just a bit more, Godzilla!"

At the first corner, the Supra once again blocks the R35, making way for the NSX to take the lead.

7764911600_f505beff3f_c.jpg

Takanori: "Sorry for that little tap."

Finally, he overtakes the Supra and sets his eyes on the NSX which is far away from him.

7764911318_fc0eb88540_c.jpg

Takanori: "Okay, I need another lap to overtake the NSX. The NSX proved to be a threat too, that's why a lot of penalties were put onto that car. But still, look at it go!"

He is precise on his steering and footwork. The GT-R hugs the racing line and clips the apex of each corner. At the main straight again, he sees a small speck of the NSX.

Takanori: "I can see you now, NSX! Let's go, Godzilla! Eat that NSX for me!"

Takuma crosses his arms as he sees Takanori's R35 GT500 blitz by the main straight.

Takuma: "Takanori... Yes, that's the kind of determination I want to see. You never give up."

Finally, Takanori's GT-R is now side by side with the NSX after his precision driving paid off.

7764910862_99063bfaf0_c.jpg

Takanori: "All right! Now I shall floor it!"

7764910440_2bccfa10a3_c.jpg

Takanori: "Another good blocking there. Damn! You guys are really good!"

However, he floors the throttle too early on the technical section, causing the car to oversteer.

7764910086_8c824b9cd3_c.jpg

Takanori: "Shoot!"

His right foot feathers the accelerator along with countersteer, and the car goes back in control.

7764909644_d227387674_c.jpg

Takanori: "Whew... That was close. Good thing the NSX did not outrun me, though."

At last, Takanori manages to take the lead at the first corner.

7764909182_91e44dd00e_c.jpg

Takanori: "Now, you shall witness the power of Kanonji! Just don't take your eyes off me for a moment as I pull away."

7764908732_377965dccd_c.jpg

Takanori: "Mt. Fuji is really nice to look at..."

End of Page 9

Hey there guys! Good morning! I am drinking my coffee as I type this.

This story is about to end (and as usual, a Bonus Page will come afterwards); but currently, I'm stuck as to whether I'll come up with a sequel or not.

Another route I'm possibly taking after this current story is a spin-off (which was cancelled even before I posted it) which is based on GT Academy wherein the lead character is a GT5 Player and he got hooked on it until an event sends him to real-life professional racing. Some characters on the other stories might be present, but will play only a very small role each.

The racing scenes in that spin-off are virtual races. And the character only uses DS3... ;)

Damn.... I can't decide which one. :lol:

Back