Choosing liveries

• Thread starter Schmiggz
  • 4 comments
Albania
Albania
For as dumb as it might sound, I still don't know how to choose a livery for an online race!
I'm tired of the same old green lambo or the orange Mackie!
I get different stuff on offline races but online...

For as dumb as it might sound, I still don't know how to choose a livery for an online race!
I'm tired of the same old green lambo or the orange Mackie!
I get different stuff on offline races but online...

We can't :-( It appears to me there is a set number of cars with liveries always set as 1,2,3... etc. so depending on when you join that lobby which livery you get. If you join first and pick car A first you always get livery 1 and then 2 if you pick it second etc. So if you don't want the green Lambo pick it second and you will get the orange one.

Basically welcome to the dumbed down world of AC console racing :-( It *may* change when we *eventually* get private lobbies.

Basically welcome to the dumbed down world of AC console racing :-( It *may* change when we *eventually* get private lobbies.
It works the same on PC and dont expect it to change because it most likely wont. Just not high enough on the priority list for the amount of work needed to change it. Its not like its something that was removed from the game. It has never had the option so it will take tons of coding work to implement it for what turns out to be very little reward.

It works the same on PC and dont expect it to change because it most likely wont. Just not high enough on the priority list for the amount of work needed to change it. Its not like its something that was removed from the game. It has never had the option so it will take tons of coding work to implement it for what turns out to be very little reward.

Yep, this is one thing that was already dumbed down on PC and likely won't be changing.

For me, I was able to change it on PS4.
Just change it in a regular race; go take a regular race and change livery before starting the race. Race with it.
After that, once you go online with that same car, it'll be by default using the livery that you last used in the race.
Hope that helps.

Back