United States
United States
light_bright17
chrysler_ME412_slvr-manu-04_025-1280.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

chrysler_ME412_slvr-manu-04_010-1280.jpg

sparkytooth
Chrysler-ME412-002%20(1).jpg

"A hyper performance machine originally intended to compete for the king of world class supercars"

Specs:

Machine type: Two seater coupe supercar
Layout: Mid-engine rear wheel drive (MR)
Engine: 6.0L Quad Turbocharged Mercedes V12 (Rated 850HP at 5,750RPM and 850lb-ft of delicious torque)
Transmission: 7 Speed Ricardo Built Semi Automatic gearbox
Wheelbase: 2,794mm (110.0 in)
Length: 4,542mm (178.8 in)
Width: 1,999mm (78.7 in)
Height: 1,140mm (44.9 in)
Curb Weight: 1,330kg (2,888lb)

The Chrysler ME Four-Twelve was a totally rad concept car shown at the 2004 North American Auto Show. It was built in less than one year for the show and was intended to use the best expertise from Daimler available at the time. It was touted that the machine would be able to produce performance on par or better than the world class supercars, with 850HP coming from it's quad turbocharged V12 engine and a weight of 1,330kg. Although no running prototype was shown at the auto show, the mad scientists and possible supervillains at SRT were given the go to make a running ME Four-Twelve, which they happily did because why not? This means there are two of these in existence, of which one of them is rumored to be owned by Rapper Ludacris unsurprisingly.

Attachments

• upload_2014-1-20_18-1-6.jpeg
    upload_2014-1-20_18-1-6.jpeg
    6.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited by a moderator:
Still my favourite car never to be produced. Looks great, had some marvelous specs, and is one of the reasons I didn't move to Forza. (I would have gotten Forza if they had kept the ME Four Twelve after Forza 2)

Yep it was one of my favorites in Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition as well. :D:tup: That was the car that made the game so awesome for me.

I don't see how anyone could want one of them BMW M3 E30's over something this gorgeous, we need more likes!

Last edited:
Yep it was one of my favorites in Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition as well. :D:tup: That was the car that made the game so awesome for me.

I don't see how anyone could want one of them BMW M3 E40's over something this gorgeous, we need more likes!
It was my favourite car in Test Drive Unlimited, have great memories cruzing with it in that game! 👍

I don't see how anyone could want one of them BMW M3 E40's over something this gorgeous, we need more likes!

I can't buy an ME Four-Twelve, and I once had the chance to buy an E46 M3.

It seems surprising to me that GT has never featured the ME-412, since it is exactly the kind of semi-obscure machine that they usually add...but since it is one of the fastest cars on every game it has been featured on, I'd love to have it on GT.

This was my favorite car in Test Drive Unlimited. Had it completely tuned to go 260 mph :D

Also, there was a one-make point-to-point race that was rather short and I cutted through to the other side that was right near the finish line. I would like to buy that game one day since I only rented it back then from Blockbuster.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, Blockbuster was a rental service in the U.S where you could rent movies and video games. Blockbuster later went bankrupt in 2013 due to competition like Gamefly, Netflix, and Redbox.

Forward to 9:26.... enjoy.

Dat traction sound :drool:

Last I heard a record label owned 1 of only 2 in existence hence why it was in this video. To this day I wish they had put it into limited production, such a cool car.

From what I remember (and I may well be wrong) Mercedes convinced Chrysler to refrain from producing the Four Twelve because they expected it would overshadow their then new-to-be supercar, the SLR...so dumb.

Found a video of it:

Bad thing is that the YouTube video stabilization kinda ruined the video.

And here's a picture to go along with it:
Chrysler_ME_Four-Twelve_Concept.jpg

This one is by far the best American car ever created IMHO.

I love how it looks quintessentially American, similar to lines you would see on a SSC Ultimate Aero or Saleen S7. You can see a clear stylistic difference to European super cars for example which are quite curvy whereas this is more angular and muscle car esque.

wGxjQ0o.png
Chrysler ME Four-Twelve '04
wGxjQ0o.png

chrysler-me-four-twelve-4.jpg

The ME Four-Twelve is a concept car produced by the Chrysler division of Chrysler in 2004. There were two ME Four-Twelve vehicles produced. The first, strictly an auto show property with very limited operational capabilities, was designed in great secrecy during 2003. It was to use performance expertise from Daimler, and was built by a very small team led by project manager, Lou Rhodes. The auto show vehicle, unveiled at the 2004 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit, took less than one year for design and development. The design styling was done by Brian Nielander (exterior) and Mark Walters (interior). One of these vehicles is reported to have been purchased by American rapper Ludacris.

The name is rooted in the Mid-Engine with Four turbochargers on a Twelve-cylinder engine.

Chrysler announced to the world media at the 2004 NAIAS that the ME Four-Twelve was a full running prototype intended to lead to serial production. At the time of the announcement in January, 2004, key personnel within the Street & Racing Technology group at Chrysler directed by Dan Knott (also responsible for the Dodge Viper, SRT production adaptations such as the Dodge Neon SRT-4 and Dodge Ram SRT-10, Dodge Motorsports, and Mopar performance parts) were alerted that another secret project was being considered; to design and build a fully engineered and functional prototype demonstration vehicle capable of achieving the published performance claims and being available for media track evaluation by the summer of 2004.

The engine in the ME 412 is a very light, aluminum engine. This V12, coupled with the four turbochargers, is one of the lightest V12 engines in any production car, as well as one of the most powerful, with 850 horsepower. The car can accelerate from 0 - 100 km/h in 2.9 seconds, and 0 - 100 mph in 6.2 seconds. It can cover a quarter mile in 10.6 seconds, with a trap speed of 219 km/h. These numbers result in an estimated top speed of 380km/h. The ME 412's transmission has a seven-speed sequential dual-clutch semi-automatic with the capability of shifting gears in 200 milliseconds.

The ME 412's interior features leather seats, a carbon fiber dashboard, and a chrome covered center console with a leather tilt steering wheel, and gunmetal gauges. The ME 412's cabin features dual-zone climate control, a premium audio system, keyless access, and a push button start system. The roof is made of glass.

The body of the ME 412 is ultra-lightweight due to the predominance of carbon fiber. The low profile of the vehicle and low roof ensure that the car is aerodynamic, while multiple air-intakes keep the engine and all working parts cool. The computer controlled active rear spoiler articulates rearward 100 mm to increase down-force to a total of 925 lbs (421 kg) at 300 km/h, while achieving a competitive coefficient of drag (Cd) of 0.358. This results in unwavering stability at the ultra-high speeds of which ME Four-Twelve is capable.

Specs:
Chrysler ME Four-Twelve %2704 specs.png

Chrysler ME Four-Twelve %2704 rear.jpg

Chrysler ME Four-Twelve %2704 interior.jpg

Chrysler ME Four-Twelve %2704 engine.jpg

Chrysler ME Four-Twelve 2004.jpg

I remember driving it in Midnight Club 2: DUB Edition.
You probably mean Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition. ;)

It was a quite enjoyable car in that game, my first video game experience with the ME Four-Twelve was in that game, I remember that the first thing I did on the game was scrolling through the entire car list and freaking out at this car being in it, sadly I would only unlock the car by the very end of career mode...

You probably mean Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition. ;)

It was a quite enjoyable car in that game, my first video game experience with the ME Four-Twelve was in that game, I remember that the first thing I did on the game was scrolling through the entire car list and freaking out at this car being in the game, sadly I would only unlock it by the very end of career mode...
Ah that's it! Whoops lol. :P Yeah it was quite the car in that game. 👍

I remember I had this book, I think it was called super cool cars... Or something like that. And this was in it and I always thought that it was really cool.

Back