Circuit de Sainte-Croix the worst track in GT7

• Thread starter nickf1gr
  • 51 comments
Really not liking the citreon vgt circuit experience at the track, struggling big time with some of the sectors. Other than that I like the circuit :) .

Last edited:
I absolutely love it. A challenge and beautiful scenery. I wouldn't change a thing about it except to remove/lower the guard rails so you can see more of the gorgeous backdrop while driving.

I agree with those who have said it's great for the higher speed cars. With slower cars the straights can get to be a little boring. I think the most challenging corners are the ones too and from the bridge, no matter the layout. It would be nice to have rain on this track as I think it might be a good (t)raining circuit.

I really enjoy the GR.1 race they have there. When I get sick of grinding Le Mans this is where I go spend some time. Payout per hour sucks compared to the big grinds but it's a fun circuit where I enjoy figuring out where I can squeeze that extra 10th from the corner or getting onto the power earlier. The sweeping section that starts with the long left into the downhill right before the bridge all the way through the end of the lap is just great.

I absolutely love it. A challenge and beautiful scenery. I wouldn't change a thing about it except to remove/lower the guard rails so you can see more of the gorgeous backdrop while driving.
Gorgeous backdrop? Where?

Screenshot 2022-11-13 at 11-05-08 GT7 Classic Touring at Sainte-Croix 2Laps.png

Screenshot 2022-11-13 at 11-06-38 GT7 Classic Touring at Sainte-Croix 2Laps.png

Screenshot 2022-11-13 at 11-07-29 GT7 Classic Touring at Sainte-Croix 2Laps.png

Screenshot 2022-11-13 at 11-08-22 GT7 Classic Touring at Sainte-Croix 2Laps.png

Screenshot 2022-11-13 at 11-10-03 GT7 Classic Touring at Sainte-Croix 2Laps.png

I think it’s one of the better tracks, especially the long tracks.

Sport made has had Gr1 with pit stops around here. Was good fun with lots of options available.

This is nice though. From cockpit view, mixed with the ambience, the mountains are nice to look at. The main problem is, if it Was open to public traffic, how does the road system function? It’s wide for what reason? No lines, no turnoffs and with those town signs, where are some of those towns?
B6EF9AF2-CF1F-44A2-A1F2-9380E84F7139.png

F5774BB4-CD27-4983-BB58-D7D8D33B1F24.png

However, sometimes I can’t even see the prettiness of circuits, due to being blinded by the light.

Last edited:
The thing about Circuit de Croissant is that it's really, really wide, as if it were intended for bigger races in the future. It does have 32 grid slots (and 32 bike slots for Tourist Trophy 2) as evidence of this, and I reckon in a future game, with a full grid and new trees, it'll be better appreciated.

Also, I'm a fan of BB/BroadBean/Baseball/BabyBrooklands Raceway. Two banked turns, a crucial square one and a kink is an odd combo, but it makes for close racing. Wake me up when it's on Sport mode rotation again so I can get more wins :D.

I've never seen a huge full blown suspension bridge over such a small lake in real life though, but I've not been everywhere. Maybe they exist where someone had money to burn.
Actually there is a decent sized bridge that runs right over a small cove like that in the real Sainte-Croix Lake. Although it's not right next to the damn, or nearly as big or pretty like the suspension bridge in the game. There are also many bridges like that where there is water surrounded by mountains or difficult terrain. There's several bridges, some bigger and/or suspension, in that same area around the Verdon Canyon area. Can just google Provence, France Sainte-Croix bridges.

I'd have to say I quite like the C layout for longer enduros. The straits give you some breather time to relax, the turns are tricky with tire wear over a stint, and it's longer so not so repetitive in those longer hour+ enduros. Once you know it well it does kind of have a good flow, at least for my driving style. Def lots of trail braking.

I don't like this track. Too many 90° turns, fast corners where you have a blind entry. This track would never get a FIA certification. Way too dangerous. Reminds me of Jeddah (F1) but Jeddah is at least a fun track with a good flow where St. Croix is just not good. At least in my opinion.

PD can deliver good original tracks. Dragon Trail is fantastic. I like Kyoto and Maggiore. Alsace isn't bad either.

Last edited:
This track has a abominable artistic vein, both in terms of layout and curves as well as scenery. It looks like this track was designed using the GT6 track creator, but with slightly more sophisticated tools. Several hours and material resources wasted, when you could bring original circuits loved by the community, like El Capitan, Autumn Ring, Apricot Hill and others. It's amazing the difference in creativity between those who made Maggiore and Dragon Trail and those who made St. Croix.

By the way, the Lake of Sainte-Croix region, in France, has scenery and roads that could be adapted into an awesome and challenging fictional circuit, as was done with Grand Valley, like this:

St.Croix.jpg
St.Croix 2.jpg
St.Croix 3.jpg

St.Croix 4.jpg

A great missed opportunity!

Last edited:
I have always enjoyed Circuit de Sainte-Croix, Layout C (10.8km) being my favourite.

I agree with those that say it feels like it was made with the old circuit creator tools. Either that or or was made a while back and eventually brought to the series.

In GT Sport I really liked the 1h Gr1 race on the C Reverse and ran it with practically every car.

Last edited:
Sainte-Croix is the one track in GT7 that reminds me, kind of in general of PS3-era track design as others have said, but especially of Cape Ring in particular: Both tracks have one big visual centrepiece (Cape Ring's loop, Sainte-Croix's bridge), and if you aren't at that feature or the start-finish straight, it can be very hard to remember what part of the track is coming next. That's because otherwise they are rather long tracks and have a ton of corners that are all visually similar in terms of trackside signs/foliage.

Back