Circuit Experience - Sectors vs full lap

• Thread starter BloodRaven
  • 55 comments
I decided to give the Nordschleife a run. I got all gold in all sectors. I attempted a couple full lap runs, but they went abysmally, lol (as expected). I need quite a few more laps on it to really get it down to where I can flow through it instead of just reacting. But the length of it is not really conducive to me just hammering it out, quickly. By the time I'm at the end and I'm starting another run, the first few sections are already foreign to me, just a bit. So I need to get in a bit more time with it to really get it memorized.
The good thing is that if you do recognise a weak section you can run that particular sector until you get something down. Just because you have golded it doesn't mean you have to not go back.

I went to La Sarthe today and I golded everything without problem, except the last sector where I need to understand how to manage those fast turns and not get down to 0 speed and revs in the last chicane. I find that track a bit annoying. To much long straits, waist of time 😝 I prefer the shorter version where I had the luck to do a few laps with my motorbike some years ago.

Last edited:
The good thing is that if you do recognise a weak section you can run that particular sector until you get something down. Just because you have golded it doesn't mean you have to not go back.
Oh trust me…..there is definitely a particular sector that is a weak point, for me.

Out of interest, which one?
Hopefully you'll also find sections you love. Hohe Act to Wipperman for me.

I love the whole section from the karrussell to pflanzgarten. 3rd and 4th gear just clipping the kerbs. I'm an Aussie and I love Bathurst but that section of the ring is my favourite piece of racetrack.

Sector 8: Hohe Acht - Brünnchen

That particular sector gave me fits. I don't know why, but it took me more tries on that one than all the others.

Got gold on Tokyo Expressway - Central Outer Loop full lap.

Prize car: KTM X-BOW R (dupe from an earlier race/mission/whatever)

That leaves 1 silver (Sarthe) and 1 bronze (Nordschleife).....

Edit: I'm just over 2 seconds from the gold at Sarthe, but I'm almost 36 seconds from the gold at the Nordschleife.

Last edited:
Sector 8: Hohe Acht - Brünnchen

That particular sector gave me fits. I don't know why, but it took me more tries on that one than all the others.
It's a fast slalom section. It rewards you for corner speed. Focus on each corner at a time. Take it steady and ramp up the speed a little each time. Once you get a corner right you'll find the others click and you'll get the important flow the section requires.

Turned my bronze into a silver (BARELY.....by .011) for Nordschleife full lap. I improved by almost 15 seconds from my previous record. And I see where I can pick up some more speed and lower my time. Now I just have to put it all together for a good, clean lap.

I always forget how much of a pig the BMW is in the nordschleife circuit experience. Thought I would run through a few of these since I was trying to help and it had been a while since I did them. I've done le mans, Bathurst and the nordschleife.

Le Mans - 3.24.587

Basically as I remembered, the 919 has heaps of aero and certain corners you can cut and others you dare not catch a kerb. For the last double chicane section you can straddle the first kerb on the left which lets you carry more speed into the section, but don't get greedy with the kerb on the right, stay right and cut off a fair chunk of the left kerb and then stay inside the big red kerb of the final corner.

Bathurst - 2.05.950

I nicknamed the car the mehclaren because it seems like it has no redeeming features to me in this game. Seems like time of day maybe taking some grip away as well. I don't get along very well with the mr cars in this game especially when you want to slow down coming off skyline down the hill into the esses and the dipper, the whole drivetrain seems to want to overtake you and you have to try and trail a bit of throttle as you brake down the hill - much easier to do with pedals and a wheel obviously- if you are shifting manually you really need to delay downshifts to avoid the bigger jolts through the drivetrain by doing it with lower revs.

Nordschleife - 6.39.892

So the BMW. It understeers on the way in and then wants to light the ear wheels on fire when you get a tiny bit too eager with the throttle on the way out of the corner. Slowish and steady for corner entry braking zones and tip it in with no trail braking and try to carry speed mid corner. Learn which kerbs you can and can't attack, some will spit you off the road others will help rotate the car through the corner.

I feel like I can find some more time in all the tracks probably a 3.22 at Le Mans, 2.03 at Bathurst and 6.35ish at the nordschleife.

Last edited:
I'm working my way through the Circuit Experience tracks. One thing I've noticed is that I do better on the individual sectors than I do on the full circuit run. I can usually get gold on the individual sectors within my first 3 attempts. But for the full laps, it can take me upwards of 15 attempts to get gold.

Earlier, I got so frustrated from screwing up an absolutely blazing fast run (for me) on Mount Panorama, I had to put the controller down and walk away for a bit. I was on pace to get gold by at least 3-4 seconds, when I clipped the curb on the next to the last turn, spun out, and put the car across the track into the sand. I was PISSED! To know I was that far ahead of my previous run (which was less than 0.3 from the gold) and then to screw it up on a stupid mistake.....I got so mad I was literally shaking and I could feel my adrenaline starting to rise. From a video game. So I just laid the controller down and went downstairs for a bit.

I hate making stupid mistakes like that. Anyway.....

Does anyone else have the same issue where you do/did better on the individual sectors than you do/did on the full circuit run? Or am I the only idiot? 😉
The longer the run, the more opportunity for a small misjudgement to cause your run to be ruined. Once you learn to string the whole track together in your head with all the brake, turn in and apex points memorised your consistency will improve and those gold laps will fall in to place easily.
Remember that you sometimes need to be thinking a couple of turns ahead to get the best total time and exit out of a combination of turns. The fastest time through every turn isn't always the fastest time around the whole circuit.

Hey, well I've made progress. I've completed 50% of the Curcuit Experience with 40 gold, 33 silver and 9 bronze. I am getting the hang of this but I'm having trouble with some things, i'll mark every area, (may take a few posts).

Kyoto Driving Park- Yamagiwa (1-lap attack), I can't seem to get a time under 1:43.500. That's a hard gold.
Brands Hatch GPC- Turn 3-4: My best time was 0:18.481, so close to the gold, but not enough.
Brands Hatch GPC- Turn 6-8: My best time was 0:22.919, I seem to lose balance of the car at turn 8 cause I go too fast.
Brands Hatch lap attack: this will definitely take loads of practice, my time is 1:33.494, I can see why the PM is so high for gold, it's hard!

BB raceway 1 lap attack- I seem to run into the wall a lot and have to start over, and I get a penalty. Frustrating, my best time- 0:56.414

Tokyo EW- East Outer Loop- my best time was 0:50.459, I seem to run into the wall a lot in which I get a penalty
Tokyo EW- Central Loop- turn 5- can't seem to beat the gold time here, my best time- 0:23.269

Suzuka Circuit- Dagner's Curve- this is a tough gold to beat, my best was 0:22.353

Keep praticing, it will come 😉

I got gold on all sectors, even on sectors that felt impossible. Often it is a question of manner to take some corners. I get usefull hints by looking at the demo video.

Still have to transform my bronze full laps of La Sarthe and Nordschleife. I am far away on la Sarthe and only one try on Nordschleife. Will have to work on both...

Last edited:
Apart from that oval one which seemed to take forever, sectors and lap. I didn't have too many issues, even Green Hell only took 2 goes. There was the odd one where I had to work out how to handle the car, but not bragging cos I suck, I thought it was far too easy. Most full laps I did first time and for someone of my level that's bad.

Keep praticing, it will come 😉

I got gold on all sectors, even on sectors that felt impossible. Often it is a question of manner to take some corners. I get usefull hints by looking at the demo video.

Still have to transform my bronze full laps of La Sarthe and Nordschleife. I am far away on la Sarthe and only one try on Nordschleife. Will have to work on both...
It took me a long time to gold Nordschleife. It's just one of those tracks that I'm not great at, even now I'm still pretty mediocre for my level. But what I did was put down the circuit experience on it for a while and came back quite a bit later both when my skill level had improved and I had some more actual race experience on the circuit (which I know is backwards as the point of the offline challenge is to prepare you for online racing but hey, whatever...) and things seemed to stick in my brain a bit better. Also, in addition to the videos in the circuit experience challenge, @Mistah_MCA has a full lap guide on his YT channel. Check it out, it give you another way to think about some of the sectors and how to put them together.

Hey, well I've made progress. I've completed 50% of the Curcuit Experience with 40 gold, 33 silver and 9 bronze. I am getting the hang of this but I'm having trouble with some things, i'll mark every area, (may take a few posts).

Kyoto Driving Park- Yamagiwa (1-lap attack), I can't seem to get a time under 1:43.500. That's a hard gold.
Brands Hatch GPC- Turn 3-4: My best time was 0:18.481, so close to the gold, but not enough.
Brands Hatch GPC- Turn 6-8: My best time was 0:22.919, I seem to lose balance of the car at turn 8 cause I go too fast.
Brands Hatch lap attack: this will definitely take loads of practice, my time is 1:33.494, I can see why the PM is so high for gold, it's hard!

BB raceway 1 lap attack- I seem to run into the wall a lot and have to start over, and I get a penalty. Frustrating, my best time- 0:56.414

Tokyo EW- East Outer Loop- my best time was 0:50.459, I seem to run into the wall a lot in which I get a penalty
Tokyo EW- Central Loop- turn 5- can't seem to beat the gold time here, my best time- 0:23.269

Suzuka Circuit- Dagner's Curve- this is a tough gold to beat, my best was 0:22.353
Honestly the best advice I can give you in regards to all of these is that attacking hard out isnt always the way to go. Smooth is fast, sometimes lifting early and coasting is faster than late braking to get through as you dont scrub as much speed. Also, GT Sport physics really prioritizes corner exit speed for faster laps so if you need to sacrifice any speed anywhere give a little up on entry if it gets you a better exit speed.

And Graham Hill and Surtees, the 2 corners you struggle with at Brands are strange ones. You have to brake and get an early turn in for turn 3. For the next turn it is slightly a late turn in, but sharper so you get a long fast exit out.
Good Luck

Just got the gold for Nürburgring full lap!!! I tried twice with the MB SLS AMG GT3. I got real close on my 2nd try. But I made a really stupid mistake after my pit stop and ran off the track. That cost me 4 places. So I was playing catch-up for the last 2 laps. When I made that pit stop, I was in the lead by just over 4 seconds. So I tried it again with the GR Supra Racing Concept '18. I did MUCH better regarding the tires. And I was able to turn down the rich/lean number to save a bit of fuel to make my pit stop quicker. I also started on medium tires, but could've done both stints on hard tires. But, I got the gold with a lead of over 12 seconds.

Prize car for All Golds in Mission Challenge: Bugatti Veyron 16.4 2013 (not a dupe)

I also got the trophy for Rival Crusher (not to be confused with Wesley Crusher of ST:TNG fame)

Now, if I can just get that final gold for the Nürburgring full lap in Circuit Experience, I'll be good (minus the races I have left in GT League).

Knocked 7 seconds off my previous best time of the Nürburgring full lap run. I know 2-3 spots where I can do better and shorten that time. I honestly can hardly believe I knocked that much off. Usually, it's 1-2 seconds at a time. But on my first full lap (several restarts due to stupidity and running off the track), I managed to take off that much time.

That puts me at 7.928 seconds off the gold.

ETA: Took another 2.942 seconds off.....

ETA: Took another 2.7 seconds off.....

ETA: Took another 1.762 seconds off..... I'm down to under 1 second behind gold.

Last edited:
Knocked 7 seconds off my previous best time of the Nürburgring full lap run. I know 2-3 spots where I can do better and shorten that time. I honestly can hardly believe I knocked that much off. Usually, it's 1-2 seconds at a time. But on my first full lap (several restarts due to stupidity and running off the track), I managed to take off that much time.

That puts me at 7.928 seconds off the gold.

ETA: Took another 2.942 seconds off.....

ETA: Took another 2.7 seconds off.....

ETA: Took another 1.762 seconds off..... I'm down to under 1 second behind gold.
You are doing well my friend :cheers: and don't forget to apply a bit of brake bias to the car if needed, because you can go quicker using it.

FINALLY GOT THE GOLD!!! Final time of 6:56.091

Gift car: Lexus RC F GR.4 (not a dupe)

Plus I got the Tactical King trophy!

ETA: So that's 100% gold in Driving School, Mission Challenge, and Circuit Experience. Getting all golds in Driving School (I'm assuming they're like the license tests in previous versions) is something I've never done, before. So I was happy just to get that.

Last edited:
I have golded driving school, but a lot to do in missions and two big chunks left in circuit experience 😅

It's fairly common occurrence for people just starting the circuit experience. I had a lot of frustration with it myself. BUT...

Part of that frustration comes from the fact that a medal for the full lap has faster time requirements than the individual sectors, when added all together.

Take for example your current nemesis, Mount Panorama. The individual gold sector times are:

Sec 1: 36.6
Sec 2: 33.3
Sec 3: 35.4
Sec 4: 33.8

That totals a lap time of 2:19.1.

The gold full lap time is 2:12.9. Almost a full 7 seconds faster than when running the individual sectors. Some of that comes from the fact that you're going to be entering each sector with more speed when running the full laps than you do in the individual sector challenges but it still requires you to run a faster lap.

Take a break, calm yourself down and know that the requirement for a full lap is more difficult than the requirements for the individual sectors.
That is generally why the gold lap times have high prize money values, because you have to get every aspect of each track with perfection (no mistakes). It's a full time job.

I often struggle on some sectors but pass the full lap relatively easily (with some exceptions), for me it is more like 1 to 4 tries for most sectors, 10 to 20 on some sectors I struggle, and 1 to 3 tries on the full lap and I get gold.
Not true for every track. On some I have gold everywhere and don't succeed to get gold on the full lap (the explanation of @barak181 might be the reason)

ahah I feel you bro, but the reward when you finally succeed... is priceless. This game is not easy to "master" (I am far from that) but training regularly makes you progress and the pleasure increases with time. Much more rewarding than a game you roll trough with ease.

really ??? I was sure thought that it's was the opposite, as I tend to have less difficulty to gold the full lap than some sectors. So I always thought that the lap time was longer than the sum of the times of all sectors. But, you did the math (and I didn't) and you must have the explanation : "the fact that you're going to be entering each sector with more speed when running the full laps". Must be, because my full laps are way crapier than my gold on each sector, which sometimes are really hard to get
I know his frustration, my adrenaline rises when I fail a lot of sectors, can't get the gold time or lose a race. But the key is practice and watching the tutorial videos.

I've been playing over 2 years and am STILL 2 seconds off gold at Nürburgring Nordschleife (yes, I had to copy / paste that from the Master Track List.... 🙄 )!
Admittedly I only give it a go every couple of months or so (it's too long to do lap after lap....). However, it is frustrating.
One day I'll find that extra time from somewhere 😄
Yeah, I haven't gotten to that part yet. I'm on sector 8 or 9. Difficult track. I'm dreading the lap challenge though b/c the gold time prize is $40k, which is probably a really really hard time to beat.

Back