Circuit experience track guide compilation

• Thread starter Gt_usv67
  • 16 comments
United Arab Emirates
United Arab Emirates
Has anyone before compiled race track guides (rolling text before starting each stint) that we see in circuit experience. I think it would be great as reference and save time when wanting to get some guidance or tips without having to load up each individually.

Im thinking it would be great to do it if it hasn't been done before?

I started doing some of these and what's the point? I did brands hatch and as a C (generous) rated driver who had never driven that car before and did a terrible lap, I still got a gold. If that was GT4 I wouldn't even have got a bronze it's a joke. I did Nord....the German one and crashed twice yet still got a bronze. Not there might be some worth doing, but doubt there are many.

I started doing some of these and what's the point? I did brands hatch and as a C (generous) rated driver who had never driven that car before and did a terrible lap, I still got a gold. If that was GT4 I wouldn't even have got a bronze it's a joke. I did Nord....the German one and crashed twice yet still got a bronze. Not there might be some worth doing, but doubt there are many.
I'm new as well C rated dr. What I've realized is the one thing that helps raise our racing pace is our markers and where we are looking for example when exiting out of corners for these purposes knowing where to look and when to turn in 'the right way' as per track guide can help get us started and then we would improve based on car and top 10 player replays etc. I think knowing your own markers and turning points will keep you focused during races and not as easily distracted by others

I'm new as well C rated dr. What I've realized is the one thing that helps raise our racing pace is our markers and where we are looking for example when exiting out of corners for these purposes knowing where to look and when to turn in 'the right way' as per track guide can help get us started and then we would improve based on car and top 10 player replays etc. I think knowing your own markers and turning points will keep you focused during races and not as easily distracted by others

But there is no guide, in GT4 (IIRK) you had a pace car for this sort of thing so you had a guide to follow. This is just so easy you can drive however you like and get gold. I'm not against the idea, it's just the implementation is so bad it's useless.

But there is no guide, in GT4 (IIRK) you had a pace car for this sort of thing so you had a guide to follow. This is just so easy you can drive however you like and get gold. I'm not against the idea, it's just the implementation is so bad it's useless.
It depends on what level you are at. I found them very useful for learning different tracks. Not just braking points, but also on where to turn in for certain corners.

I agree that getting gold on a lot of the tracks was very easy. Some I found very difficult though. I still havemt managed gold on The Nord, I got all the sectors, but 7 seconds off Gold still for the full circuit. The rest have been completed.

I would like to see it back in GT7, but I hope that if it is part of the challenges with awards that once it's completed for each track that you can do it choosing whatever car you like. It would be good to be able to practice on isolated track sections to help improve racing in the dailies.

As Famine mentioned, it has its uses. A track guide for Tokyo, would be perfect for those not familiar with the layout. In Circuit Experience, I only gives a couple layouts. The current one in the Daily Race, may be foreign to many players.

As a side, yeah, it can depend on car class used, but even real racers use rental cars and especially do track walks, before jumping in their race cars to do a lap.

Some members here, do make YouTube videos for th Daily Races, but there doesn't seem to be an all Circuit Experience compilation for referencing.

Personally, I don't see any harm in making such a guide.

To give a player experience of the circuit - ideally before they go online and don't know where to brake.

Plus some free cars and credits like crazy.

If you can get a free few hours you can pound them out to all gold.

And with the variety of cars, it gives you a good base to know what cars you are better with.

Personally, I've found that the circuit experience is particularly helpful at practicing specific sections of a track. There's been several tracks where I know a certain turn is the problem with my lap time. The circuit experience allows me to practice that one turn without having to do full laps just to get back to that one problem spot. Particularly on longer tracks like Le Mans and Nordschleife.

But going back to the OPs question - no, I don't think anyone's compiled that before and yes, it would probably he a handy thing to have.

Last edited:
The only guide you really need is for the Ring and *MAYBE* Le Mans.

I kind of feel like 6'57" is kind of a relatively high bar for the BMW M6 as it doesnt actually feel that fast.

I suck at Le mans and I didnt like the Porsche 919 and it took me something like 150Km to get gold on Le mans. The track is 13km so perhaps... 10 laps?

Has anyone before compiled race track guides (rolling text before starting each stint) that we see in circuit experience. I think it would be great as reference and save time when wanting to get some guidance or tips without having to load up each individually.

Im thinking it would be great to do it if it hasn't been done before?
Remember, the real world tracks exist outside GT too.

I've watched a lot of guides like this one,

Last edited:
I have a tutorial for Tokyo Expressway Central Outer Loop from back when I had the world record for the Circuit Experience with the old driving physics. I can link that, though it is 36 minutes or I can make a new more concise tutorial after some practice soon. Though the physics now make it to where all times are slower than the pace on the leaderboard so I won't be able to get a top 10 time.

Here is the tutorial for my old record.

Last edited:
When I first picked up this game I went through the entirety of the circuit experience and challenges before entering Sport Mode online races. It was hugely beneficial, and I felt much more confident racing amongst other drivers.

When I first picked up this game I went through the entirety of the circuit experience and challenges before entering Sport Mode online races. It was hugely beneficial, and I felt much more confident racing amongst other drivers.
It's great that it helped you, but so far I've done about 25% and the only 3 circuits I haven't got gold on in the first or second attempt, this is with no practice or doing the sections, are Nordschleife, Sarthe and BB raceway. OH forgot about Laguna Seca it took 3 goes. So far that's 12 from 15 that are so easy as to not be helpful. If I was some great driver this would be fine, but I'm pretty bad and I want something that is challenging enough to actually make me have to learn. I'm not hitting most of the corners anywhere near as good as I should be, but I get a gold. Now I'm not saying they should be that hard that the average gamer has no chance of getting Gold, but they should be hard enough that you have to do every corner well. In GT4 I was happy to get a bronze the first time on the tests and I never got gold on all of them even though I spent weeks on some individual tests. Now that was maybe too hard, but you had to hit your corners just to get a bronze so you couldn't even drive in the races until you could handle the cars at least adequately.

If your expecting a serious challenge from introductory experiences then I have bad news. GT Sport is focused on online racing, not single player.

Pick up the Lewis Hamilton challenge DLC if you want something to seriously challenge yourself.

Last edited:
If your expecting a serious challenge from introductory experiences then I have bad news. GT Sport is focused on online racing, not single player.

Pick up the Lewis Hamilton challenge DLC if you want something to seriously challenge yourself.

WHY? GT4 ensured you were half decent before racing AIs yet 15 years later you have to play (not watch) 2 videos to race against people. It's no wonder the games are full of people smashing willy nilly into each other and the only places for them to "learn" how to drive do a piss poor job of it.
Me I'm really disappointed not only that the quality of training in this game is so low, but that most people seem to think this is OK.

Me I'm really disappointed not only that the quality of training in this game is so low, but that most people seem to think this is OK.

I dont think anyone here finds it "OK", rather this is what is there and they aint gonna change or add to it.... especially
on a game that came out in 2017 and PD seem to be set in making their future titles more accessible.

Further I think that the expectations that a PS4 or PS5 game take the harder cues from a PS2 game isnt all that realistic.

Dont get me wrong... if PD did a full remake of GT4 on PS5 then I'm all for it.

Back