circuit experience ???

• Thread starter dinoco_72
  • 20 comments
Slovakia
Slovakia
hello.in circuit experience all my lap times are gone?? like from the sectors and even the full laps.i even dont see my friends lap times. wtf??
do you guys have it too,is it because of the update??

In order for you to get a time on the board you will have to beat the time you set before the update . I for one will not be redoing any of them that I have gotten gold in, however there are a few I’ve only got silver in so will try them sometime.

Your time will not appear unless you beat the time you set on the previous tyre model. Since the times are much slower now, if you had previously set a top 10 time it is now impossible to get back on the leaderboard. Lots of people had competitive times for the full laps in circuit experience and now they won’t be able to set a time again that appears on the leaderboard.

Have they adjusted the times required to get gold, to compensate for the overall slower lap times due to the new tire physics?

I have only just started to do the Circuit experiences since Patch 1.23 and am struggling to get golds.
I can’t get any faster than 2:13 on Mt Panorama yet I feel like I’m doing great laps and it’s a track I’m very familiar with.

Nope no bug, they've done this before. But after the last time it's impossible to beat your old times. So never gonna be able to get a time on the boards again!

So stupid PD, but tipically PD.....:banghead:🤬

Not necessarily, I sucked when I first completed all of circuit experience but still got all gold. I suck a little less now so I may be able to get times up. I got all 3 sectors and full lap gold times at Tsukuba yesterday.

Not necessarily, I sucked when I first completed all of circuit experience but still got all gold. I suck a little less now so I may be able to get times up. I got all 3 sectors and full lap gold times at Tsukuba yesterday.

I sucked at first to! But after the first update i've done them a second time where i was much much quicker. Now it seems to be impossible for me to beat the times from the second time.

I'm so frustrated with circuit experience. I have all gold in the sectors for Nurburgring but I'm like 20 seconds off gold for an overall lap.

I got all 3 sectors and full lap gold times at Tsukuba yesterday.
I also did Tsukuba yesterday and today, but was only able to beat my old time in the first sector (by .013), am still half a tenth off old times in 2 & 3 with new times being good enough to be in the top ten (#1 in the 3rd if they would register), and I'm still three tenths slower on the full lap @ 57.094 which is also a current top ten time. :(

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180805165950.jpg

Last edited:
I also did Tsukuba yesterday and today, but was only able to beat my old time in the first sector (by .013), am still half a tenth off old times in 2 & 3 with new times being good enough to be in the top ten (#1 in the 3rd if they would register), and I'm still three tenths slower on the full lap @ 57.094 which is also a current top ten time. :(

View attachment 756868

Best avatar pic ever !!!!!

Your time will not appear unless you beat the time you set on the previous tyre model. Since the times are much slower now, if you had previously set a top 10 time it is now impossible to get back on the leaderboard. Lots of people had competitive times for the full laps in circuit experience and now they won’t be able to set a time again that appears on the leaderboard.

I don't understand this.

From what I read, every time is deleted, right?

If this is true, then the leaderboard- times must be deleted also.

Then it comes to the same out. If a top ten driver is still fast enough as before, he just needs to set a top- time again.

That all the times from everybody will be slower doesn't matter

I don't understand this.

Then it comes to the same out. If a top ten driver is still fast enough as before, he just needs to set a top- time again.

I think that even though the old times are erased you need to go faster than your old time for it to register as a top time.
Your best times still appear on your screen but nowhere else.

I don't understand this.

No, not every time is deleted. Only the leaderboards were reset. The times stored in your individual profile, your personal best times, are still there. Of course, you have to beat your personal best in order to post a “new time” to any leaderboard. Well, with the tire model changes, the PB times we all achieved are often faster than what is achievable now, etc. That’s the issue.

Perhaps Polyphony can add a option by which each user could choose to reset all of circuit experience to fix this issue. You’d have to redo all of the events in that case, but I’d be okay with that.

They’ve ruined the circuit experience time trial competition though. Since the times are slower, it’s impossible to set a time again.
I spent hours setting good times. That's twice i've had to do it now. I be buggered if i'm going for a third. Not that I could anyway, with this new tyre change its pretty much impossible. PD must think I have nothing better to do. I'm sure Kaz is sitting there laughing his head off!

Back