Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve - Montreal, Canada.

• Thread starter Lambob
  • 28 comments
I can't believe this has so many more likes than Mosport :(. No comparison in my opinion. Not that I would complain if this was in the game as well...

Can someone please post a track layout. Judging from the high number of votes this track most be pimp.

Can someone please post a track layout. Judging from the high number of votes this track most be pimp.
bridgestone_circuit_map_canada.jpg

Mosport is more challenging.

I just drove over the bridge over this circuit. I have a hard time believing PD could model allof the surroundings with their attention to detail. It's scary how built up the surroundings are. The fact that the circuit is built on a manmade island, with a river around it, with hundreds of skyscrapers... An amusement park and a beautiful bridge...

There's quite possibly too much to model. PD is notorious for modeling everything; the interior of the coliseum, the moon, etc.

----------:-

I still wouldn't mind seeing it, but I believe it's more likely to see Mosport. If you haven't driven at both circuits, try them. You will quickly find that you enjoy driving at Mosport more.

Here's an on board lap of the circuit. Great track, and according to the drivers, relatively low grip compared to other circuits on the calendar, probably due to the fact they are public roads when not used for racing (the circuit is located in a big island park). Went to the GP this year, and will be going again. Fantastic place to watch all levels of racing.

Mosport is more challenging.

I just drove over the bridge over this circuit. I have a hard time believing PD could model allof the surroundings with their attention to detail. It's scary how built up the surroundings are. The fact that the circuit is built on a manmade island, with a river around it, with hundreds of skyscrapers... An amusement park and a beautiful bridge...

There's quite possibly too much to model. PD is notorious for modeling everything; the interior of the coliseum, the moon, etc.

----------:-

I still wouldn't mind seeing it, but I believe it's more likely to see Mosport. If you haven't driven at both circuits, try them. You will quickly find that you enjoy driving at Mosport more.
i didn't drive at Mosport but i saw it on TV
and it seems find
but i really prefer Montreal
i'm from Montréal Area and i drove my bicycle on it
i also drove with a race car in mont tremblant
both were fun
but i really prefer Montreal

I would prefer Mosport first, but Mtl is still pretty decent.

The reason people like Mosport more is because it's one of the few tracks left in the world that retains its original design. The track layout is the same as when the raced F1 there in the 50s and 60s.

Also, watch a race from CTMP, something like an IMSA or PWC race. All the drivers describe the track the same way....fast, scary, fully committed, a true driver's circuit, etc etc.

I went to the Mtl GP back in 2004...it was alright. I sat down by the exit of the hairpin. Had a good time because the fans were rowdy, but the racing wasn't too spectacular. Actually the Civic race was probably the best action all weekend.

I also remember reading that many of the drivers were actually quite impartial to the track. It's very much a point and squirt track, with no elevation change. Pretty sure it was Heidfeld who said the track had no rhythm or flow.

I personally would be much more interested in the old configuration of the track, from back in the 80s & 90s. The start finish was much closer to the hairpin, and there was an insanely fast s-curve before what is now T1.

Last edited:
I feel like Canada is misrepresented in GT games, not only in terms of tracks but also in scapes... it has some of the most beautiful landscapes on the planet but is completely left out of GT Sport. Circuit Gilles Villeneuve is one of the best venues on the F1 calendar and has hosted some of the best F1 races in recent memory (Jenson Button's race win in the wet in 2011, Wall of Champions, etc.). Cicuit Gilles Villeneuve is never included in racing games (apart from the F1 series), so it would be a fresh addition to the game.

Someone needs to be bring Kaz to Montreal for the F1 Canadian Grand Prix and initiate him to Canadian motorsport, and bring him over to the Gilles Villeneuve museum in Berthierville, QC. Salut Gilles!

Beautiful track and easily the best track on f1 calender! f1 is already pretty boring this days but Montreal Gilles Villeneuve always brings something extra.. its got my vote!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back