Circumcision.

• Thread starter Carbonox
  • 286 comments
I think its normal to get circumcised, its easier to clean plus it dont look like a sausage link. Who ever thinks its mutilating you kid makes me wanna laugh but i guess thoughs are the same people who think the government should have our guns and dont get there kids vaccinated.

I think its normal to get circumcised, its easier to clean plus it dont look like a sausage link. Who ever thinks its mutilating you kid makes me wanna laugh but i guess thoughs are the same people who think the government should have our guns and dont get there kids vaccinated.
If you had listened to Khadija's seminar on the previous page you would have heard her say;
'they took something that belonged to me and threw it away. It was mine and they had no right to do that.
I feel incomplete today.'

I'm sure she's not the only one feeling that way.

Yeah, whoever thought botching part of their child off is mutilation? :rolleyes:

If you had listened to Khadija's seminar on the previous page you would have heard her say;
'they took something that belonged to me and threw it away. It was mine and they had no right to do that.
I feel incomplete today.'

I'm sure she's not the only one feeling that way.

Are you implying that circumcised men feel the same way as circumcised women? Because that's absolutely 100% bat-stuff insa... wrong.

Are you implying that circumcised men feel the same way as circumcised women? Because that's absolutely 100% bat-stuff insa... wrong.
The basic premise is the same though. Both circumcised men and women do get part of their genitals cut off without their consent.

It reminds me a bit of people unironically claiming that The Big Bang Theory is "nerd blackface". It's just orders of magnitudes different.

Last edited:
Because foreskin totally grows back and removing it doesn't hurt at all, like the above examples.

Oh, wow, so now it's me who is making a ridiculous comparison. Let's follow this shall we.

assumed: comparison made between male and female circumcision.
me: that's not a fair comparison.
you: well in both cases something is getting cut off.
me: that's not really pertinent to the conversation. lots of things get cut off.
you: not everything getting cut off is the same.
me: you just made my point

Oh, wow, so now it's me who is making a ridiculous comparison. Let's follow this shall we.

assumed: comparison made between male and female circumcision.
me: that's not a fair comparison.
you: well in both cases something is getting cut off.
me: that's not really pertinent to the conversation. lots of things get cut off.
you: not everything getting cut off is the same.
me: you just made my point
I'm not sure what kind of point you're trying to advertise here.

Male and female circumcision are comparable because both are permanent operations that have been proven to be completely unnecessary, and cause pain to the victim as well.

Circumcision in general has nothing to do with cutting one's nails or hair because the above points don't apply to them.

I don't feel like repeating myself a third time, especially when I don't even understand why you're arguing a petty point against people you appear to be on the same side on in the general circumcision debate.

I'm not sure what kind of point you're trying to advertise here.

Male and female circumcision are comparable because both are permanent operations that have been proven to be completely unnecessary, and cause pain to the victim as well.

Not even remotely comparable. About as comparable as cutting hair or nails. The fact that you can even write that sentence above demonstrates that you either don't understand what female circumcision is, or don't understand what male circumcision is.

Circumcision in general has nothing to do with cutting one's nails or hair because the above points don't apply to them.

In all cases something is getting cut off from the body. I thought what we were doing was listing stuff that wasn't important but were similarities.

I don't feel like repeating myself a third time, especially when I don't even understand why you're arguing a petty point against people you appear to be on the same side on in the general circumcision debate.

It's not petty. I'll never be on the same side as someone who compares male and female circumcisions and in any way shape or form pretends that they belong in the same conversation. Piercing someone's ears and shooting them in the face are both forms of putting a hole in someone's head. In both cases it hurts, and sometimes there's blood.

I think its normal to get circumcised, its easier to clean

Rubbish

it dont look like a sausage link

You've had some odd boyfriends. I've never seen a winkle that looked like a sausage link.

Who ever thinks its mutilating you kid makes me wanna laugh

You think chopping part of a child off for no probably good reason isn't mutilation? Hmmm.

but i guess thoughs are the same people who think the government should have our guns and dont get there kids vaccinated.

Lost me there. We don't have any guns, and why would our children remain unvaccinated?

Well i think its okay to get your child circumcised, No way would i call it mutilation if you're just helping the child for in the future. I didnt know woman could get circumcised thought it was only boys. Anyway ill always have my kids ( boys ) circumcised

Last edited:
^^^^Actually that does happen because having a foreskin here in the states is an uncommon occurence. I had a friend tell me that she freaked out when she found out her boyfriend had one. They broke up the next day.
Glad to see the tide turning on this. I think ten years ago in America it would've been close to 100% chop rate with no second thought. Now people actually realize it's something to consider.
Damn i didn't know it was so common over there :eek:
My condolences ;)

Note: Some studies show that good hygiene can help prevent certain problems with the penis, including infections and swelling, even if the penis is not circumcised. In addition, using a condom during sex will help prevent STDs and other infections.

Thus, one can conclude: The specimen known as the American male is too lazy to wash his pipi.

:D
No not just Americans

abandonthreadp1.gif

1FcUXfI.gif

I'm not sure if that was sarcastic or serious. But... I think we can all agree that religion does not give you a pass to mutilate your child. If we're talking about cutting off a foot, for example, I don't think anyone in here would think it's ok to hide behind religion to do that. Obviously circumcision is not a foot.

The fundamental question is whether circumcision rises to the level of mutilation that has to be protected by law. If it does, religion is not a way out. If it doesn't, religion is not needed. Either way, religion is a pointless thing to bring up in this discussion.

So on the spectrum (of elective operations) we have

Cutting hair
Piercings
Male circumcision
Cosmetic surgery (eg: breast implants)
Sex-change hormone therapy
Female circumcision
Elective amputation
Ear gauges (those things are the worst)

The question at hand is where to draw the line. Male circumcision is right around that spot I think.

I'm not sure if that was sarcastic or serious. But... I think we can all agree that religion does not give you a pass to mutilate your child. If we're talking about cutting off a foot, for example, I don't think anyone in here would think it's ok to hide behind religion to do that. Obviously circumcision is not a foot.

The fundamental question is whether circumcision rises to the level of mutilation that has to be protected by law. If it does, religion is not a way out. If it doesn't, religion is not needed. Either way, religion is a pointless thing to bring up in this discussion.

So on the spectrum (of elective operations) we have

Cutting hair
Piercings
Male circumcision
Cosmetic surgery (eg: breast implants)
Sex-change hormone therapy
Female circumcision
Elective amputation
Ear gauges (those things are the worst)

The question at hand is where to draw the line. Male circumcision is right around that spot I think.

Totally serious.

I think the act of mutilating an infants genitals is barbaric. It should definitely be prohibited by law unless for a medical reason.

When the child is old enough to make the decision for himself then he can do what he wants.

I have a son on the way and at first thought i said lets circumcise him. After some research we have decided against it. We aren't religious, it's not necessary for any medical reason, many insurances don't even cover it anymore, it's becoming less and less popular in the USA, and i don't want my baby to go through a painful, unnecessary surgery and stare at his stitched up unit for a few weeks. It's everyone's own decision to make and i'm not judging anyone that decides to circumcise their child, just posting my thoughts since it's something that came up in my life recently.

Totally serious.

I think the act of mutilating an infants genitals is barbaric. It should definitely be prohibited by law unless for a medical reason.

When the child is old enough to make the decision for himself then he can do what he wants.

Out of curiosity, what about children with pierced ears? Also should be prohibited by law? What about finger nails?

Latest Posts

Back