City Circuits in Gran Turismo 7. Its need to return [+ Suggestion new track for Seattle]

• Thread starter BrunusCL82
  • 40 comments

Do you want original city circuits to return in GT7?

• Yes!

Votes: 64 91.4%
  • No!

Votes: 6 8.6%

• Total voters
The success of the Gran Turismo franchise is closely related to its originality and personality. Its original tracks are a main character in the franchise, like the magic quintet (Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, Autumn Ring, High Speed Ring and Grand Valley). The city circuits, which take advantage of real public roads, I consider one of the most brilliant ideas of racing games.

I think it was and is a self-flagellation for PD to ignore his masterpiece (city circuits) in the last two games, GTS and GT7. I know the Tokyo Expressway circuits appeared in GTS and GT7. However, I think it's unanimous that the tracks don't have even ten percent of the personality and fun of the original street circuits of the franchise, like Seattle, Rome, New York and Tokyo (R249), for example.

City circuits, based on real streets, urgently need to return to the GT franchise.

P.S: About famous e dear Seattle Circuit:

Unfortunately, the original track was destroyed, the city has been modified in recent years. But I would have a suggestion that could greatly improve the original layout and give it a better personality. A new track could take advantage of the hook opposite the Seattle Free Walking Tours, using the remains of Western Avenue and Pikes Pi, then taking straight 1st Avenue to Pioneer Square and James Street.

View attachment 1155104

Hitting that waterfront stretch to the art park and back is cool and all. That said, possibly for the longer option, instead of a complete u-turn at art park turning right there into Seattle by the Old Spaghetti Factory building and turning right again at Paul Allen's Cinerama movie theater--a landmark on its own. This should take you by the W twin cylinders hotel and on towards the Seattle library--glass architecture building; nice city scenery. From there, turning right again back towards waterfront and left in front of Pike Place Market back South towards SODO (stadiums). Yep, THAT would be awesome.

Last edited:
My vote to Tokyo R246 , Seattle, Pikes Peak all circuit, and a New on GT saga, Road América,,,, and there are no more major complaints until the GT8 comes out.

As much as Id prefer certain city courses, I’d think the easy road would be to drop the Tokyo Expressway circuits to ground level. PD already modelled many of those background buildings. Just reuse those and add street/curbside scenery.

I was about to add a map referencing my suggested long option for Seattle (#31) when I thought about Google Street view.

Combining Google's street view with the advancements in AI lately should make adding tracks like this one in Seattle much easier, right?

Especially with all the changes to Seattle since original Seattle city circuit in first Gran Turismo... very different skyline, no Kingdome, no Alaskan Way viaduct, etc.

Last edited:
I'd love to see the track of New York return with one featuring the highway/bridge system ala PGR4/PGR4 and a Times Square one from GT4 with a day/night system. Going by the post from the last page it's a almost impossible dream but that would be amazing to see.

I'd love to see the track of New York return with one featuring the highway/bridge system ala PGR4/PGR4 and a Times Square one from GT4 with a day/night system. Going by the post from the last page it's a almost impossible dream but that would be amazing to see.
I loved the 90 degree turns in the New York circuit. Although, I loved Hong Kong even more.

Last edited:
I'd rather the missing original circuits were added before city ones. Apricot Hill, Autumn Ring, El Capitan and Midfield Raceway for example.

But I think I could go without the London and Madrid circuits, as I feel that they were mostly best for lower-powered cars - as in, not even Gr.4-pace machines.
London wouldn't work as a race circuit anymore. British roads are full of potholes now. You'd spin out almost immediately. Not to mention the horror of turning damage on.

I'd rather the missing original circuits were added before city ones. Apricot Hill, Autumn Ring, El Capitan and Midfield Raceway for example.

London wouldn't work as a race circuit anymore. British roads are full of potholes now. You'd spin out almost immediately. Not to mention the horror of turning damage on.
Going for complete accuracy, Seattle would be same if not worse than London regarding potholes/road condition.

Back