Civic Type R/(Racer) questions

• Thread starter tankuroded
  • 8 comments
Because the 'R' in Type-R stands for 'Racer' :lol:.

Seriously though, I have no idea. When I first saw the (Racer) tag I thought it was a bit weird as well, but I got accustomed to it and never give it further thought.

I think since GT came out in America before the whole ricer craze, PD wasn't sure if Americans would feel comfortable calling it a "Type R"? Not sure. Another guess: we didn't even get the Type R versions of any Hondas in '97 when GT was released.

I think since GT came out in America before the whole ricer craze, PD wasn't sure if Americans would feel comfortable calling it a "Type R"? Not sure. Another guess: we didn't even get the Type R versions of any Hondas in '97 when GT was released.

Do you remember the Integra has Type R?

I think he's trying to say that the Integra Type-R doesn't have the 'Racer' tag like the Civic does, so the addition of the tag to the Civic's name feels weird.

One of the "(Racer)" Civics looked a lot like a Spoon car. (Black hood, basically).

^Yes it does. The prize Trueno from the Normal Cup (or is it the Hard-Tuned Cup? - I forget) also has a black hood, which makes it similar to the S.S. Trueno in GT4 :D.

Back