CL500 ran over by a truck!!!!!! Really sad.

  • Thread starter Thread starter pimp racer
  • 14 comments
  • 810 views
Well, I don't think it was photoshopped but I think it was some sort of training exercise maybe.
 
It was a test on the CL, read the story next time.

They were testing the suspension and overall chassis construction on the 'cedes for rigidity. So yeah, it's a true story.
 
Look at the thing...the CL isnt even buckling. I wonder what thickness steel they use for the body panels on Mercedes'. I know if I lift the hood on my Honda, I can flex it by about 10 degrees. and I can flex the front 1/4 panel in 1/2- 1 inch with just the palm of my hand.
 
Could you imagine being in the CL if that really happened? I hope it has good footwell protection - 'cos that's where I'd be hiding...
 
it says its true...but something doesnt look right...same goes for the 360 towards the bottom of the page...the lighting or something doesnt look right...and on the benz...wouldnt a truck of that size kind of crush the body a bit? like that tire alone probably weighs alot let alone the whole tractor
 
If you guys would look closely, there is a crane lowering the truck onto the 'cedes. I don't think ALL of the weight is on it, but the interesting thing here, is that the wheel is directly over the front passenger side suspension, making it easier for the suspension and chassis to take the load away.
 
Originally posted by toyomatt84
If you guys would look closely, there is a crane lowering the truck onto the 'cedes. I don't think ALL of the weight is on it, but the interesting thing here, is that the wheel is directly over the front passenger side suspension, making it easier for the suspension and chassis to take the load away.

You don't suppose that crane may in fact be lifting the truck off the Benz? ;)
 
You've got to give Merc credit...
 
Lamboracer, if so, I might cry...
 
Originally posted by toyomatt84
It was a test on the CL, read the story next time.

They were testing the suspension and overall chassis construction on the 'cedes for rigidity. So yeah, it's a true story.
My bad next time i will read.
 
Probably no one would die anyway. Only the truck squashed the hood and might've killed the engine.
 
Originally posted by pimp racer
My bad next time i will read.


No problem, it's kind of hard to believe it from the straight pictures. That's why I read up. :D
 
Back