Class F tunes (Yes, really)

Djibouti
^mfw that Midget II
Silhouette Drops
You're probably thinking. EW, A TOYOTA AYGO, VOLKSWAGON FOXZ, NISSAN MICRA, CHEVY SPARK, AND CITROEN C1

Believe it or not, these are fun to race online, specially with a lobby filled with them. So I decided to make a tune for my Mazda 2, toned down to F thanks to the rear wheel drive upgrade (Thank god!)

I'm still working on my tune here and there, lacks a lot of power. ;^;
I'll post a link when it's been tweaked and such.

How about your guys' tunes? I've seen a lot of good contenders that aren't micro cars, too (not that it's a bad thing) Share with us some details, say speed and lap times on some of dem tracks, or some online experiences?

Edit (1): SO. I found another car that's pretty decent within the F class online. The Spider Quadrifolgio Verde. Drivetrain is upgraded all the way, and a racing transmission with gears leaning on Acceleration is key. As stated above, most of these cars barely hit above one hundred.

Messing a bit more, I added some higher tire pressures, around 50-60 PSI, and set the Aerodynamics to Speed. Now, this may spell a recipe for horrible steering, and loss of grip, but after a few runs online, the back end sticking out is a necessary! :D I'll post my current setup as a tune in my storefront, for those who're interested.

I enjoy using the Delorean and the Lotus Elan in F class.

I try to stay away from the Spark.Just because it is so dang ugly :lol:

I tend to shy away from the Spark, just because it's a common vehicle. x(

I tried the Pinto today, tuned to F200. Epic. <3

As for the Lotus Elan, that's my Achilles heal. I always see those used in autocrossing rival events, and in the E to D class online. I suppose I should buy one, and figure out what makes that car so tick.

Ok I need to know how your tuning the F class cars. I can't figure how others with the same F 200 class cars as me are flying by me me or even at start of race leave me in the dust. I use manual with no clutch. Have the upgraded parts and still can't figure it out any help will do. at times I am about 15 to 20 seconds behind first place at end of race. I do suck with the controller I am use to a driving wheel . That's what I use for GT5.

Ok I need to know how your tuning the F class cars. I can't figure how others with the same F 200 class cars as me are flying by me me or even at start of race leave me in the dust. I use manual with no clutch. Have the upgraded parts and still can't figure it out any help will do. at times I am about 15 to 20 seconds behind first place at end of race. I do suck with the controller I am use to a driving wheel . That's what I use for GT5.

I can assist with this! I've had the same problem you're having now when I first started, and here's what I can offer.

While getting your Performance index up to 200 is key, this is only half the battle. The other half dare I say? Tune setups. Experiment! I found that a high tire pressure, aero set to speed, and gear ratios set a little leaning towards acceleration, make those very cars that dust you.

Now, I will tell you this, this has some negative effects, your handling. I've grown to accept that fact, drifting's fun, when you can control. :P

But if you'd like, link me your car and current set up, and I can tweak, and make it more competitive for you. : D

On most of the F class cars the fastest build tends to be forza aero front and rear set up with minimum downforce.
Try and get the HP between 100 -110 and use the rest of the PI on losing weight and adding grip, adding a race tranny also helps and on some of the cars doesn't use a lot of PI. I'd always upgrade the transmission so that you can at least alter the final drive though. I find that the best F class cars (other than the new porsche 550) tend to be the ones with a lower base PI or ones that get near 100 once you switch the drive type to RWD.

You can get away with an average tune on most f-class cars as the build is way more important. There are a few exceptions but i find the above is a good rule of thumb.

Back