Classic BTCC in GT7?

• Thread starter dcalde78
  • 35 comments
What a stupid man and so short sighted I hope he enjoys it. Where is the official btcc game oh thats right its stuck in development hell under Motorsport games.
Exactly!

I'm sure PD has asked. And he's probably told them no. I guess he likes not having money given to the organization and the cars and BTCC getting even more exposure. I hardly ever get to see them race. Those, DTM, and Aussie V8s are some good racing. I wish I could watch all those races; along with Super GT.

BTCC of any era is unlikely to ever appear in a GT game.

We got some race mods in GT2 that looked quite like BTCC cars of about the same era, but BTCC's head, Alan Gow, refuses to part-out BTCC licences and believes that they should only be in their own game and not part of someone else's. That includes historic machinery.

All of which means it's going to be in a dedicated BTCC game, or not in any game.
At the present they licenced it to Motorsport Games and the official game should be released next year.
The mess Motorsport Games is at the moment, probably will not happen, but it looks their strategy is just to bunch up licences to games they can't do properly (hello NASCAR Ignition)

It was fun to make these in GT Sport, but doesn’t work for me in GT7. I feel we’re too close to having the actual cars. Plus, I’m picky about the drive wheels.

E8BB4CD3-5CAF-4424-A08F-EB8858F29250.jpeg
6AEE1E6E-EAB0-40A9-88EC-16B66D4471C3.jpeg
DD0774A9-3967-4612-9028-6276A91C2D59.jpeg
B6876930-EA89-4D7B-8F2D-356B13A510F7.jpeg
FCDBDC91-5E5C-4361-AA3D-65621896B84B.jpeg

As long as we get the cars and mods that can make the cars look like BTCC cars that would be a fine alternative.
for sure! I'd take the base cars of that era any day, just with basic colours like the GT4 cars.

PC3 is also good for British tracks.

Brands Hatch, Donington, Knockhill, Oulton Park, Silverstone, Snetterton.
it's a shame that PC3 was dead on arrival. it had potential to be a rival to Forza Motorsport and Gran Turismo as a simcade had they marketed it that way. unfortunately they didn't, and despite it being a good simcade and offering a genuinely good track and car selection, being touted as a sequel in the main series killed it before it even had a chance.

What PD have done with Gr.4, is probably the closest we’ll get to a production car touring car series. Though Gr.4 is more like Super Taikyu, with all the mixed drivetrains in the one discipline. Take out the MR cars for a more modern sedan series.

Someone asked the same question outside of gtplanet, but this subject comes up here, from time to time.

I wish. We have everything we need. Roll cages, increase wheel diameter, front and rear spoiler options. So easy to add those cars.

the fact that the question does occasionally keep coming up means that there is an interest in that 90s era of racing being brought into the modern racing game sphere, yet no one has done it yet. chances are that whatever the BTCC game ends up being, it'll be based around the modern day series and not the 90s Supertouring era. time will tell on whether a bespoke game is the right decision but from what I've seen around the internet, the official licensed game is starting to feel something like Duke Nukem Forever, and they'd be far better off letting an extremely experienced team like PD who have decades of good development and some all time classic racing games under their belt take a whack at paying homage to their particular brand of racing.

not only would they be able to appease countless fans of the GT and BTCC series, but also introduce it to a whole new audience. it just feels like a missed opportunity - but I'm no businessman.

Back