Classic Cars in GT Sport?

Australia
QLD,
StigBelcherStyle
Are classic vehicles coming to GT Sport?

DAP Racing Kart #17 1978.jpg

The oldest car currently seen to be in Gran Turismo Sport lineup is the 2009 Ferrari 458 Italia; not exactly vintage but it begs the question, with the addition of the "Motorsport History Museum" feature in GT Sport has there been any confirmation of any classic vehicles included in the game?

Examples (Cars from GT6):
1978 DAP Racing Kart #17 Aytron Senna
1967 Ford Mark IV Shelby-American Inc. #1 Dan Gurney & A.J. Foyt
1948 Hudson Commodore Club Coupe #7 Mario Andretti
1989 Sauber C9 Mercedes-Benz
1998 Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak Special #6

Gran Turismo sport is about the history of Motorsport, it's origins and how it has advanced with technology throughout time just like the "Gran Turismo Series". The cars in the above list are examples of Motoring history greats from GT6.

Note: Please note this page is not for "wish lists" but for the collection of information about future inclusions of classic cars in GT Sport

Last edited:
The direction this iteration in the GT series is headed suggests we won't see anything much older than the likes of the AMG SLS and 458 Italia.

Perhaps.

SEMA car pack DLC anyone?
What about the work put into Andretti's Hudson?

Would some of those constitute classic cars?
Maybe not.
And as some have said, and to which I agree, the current known car roster doesn't inspire confidence.

Time will tell.

Was there talk (Yamauchi) that some of the GT6 Senna content is coming to GTS?
Yes there was.

https://www.gtplanet.net/senna-tv-i...ff-thrustmaster-direct-drive-wheel-in-action/

Funny. A few days ago someone posted something like they didn't think Kaz watched any racing series. I remember Kaz mentioning something about Montoya when he was still in F1. And he had an interview back during Button's championship season where he mentioned that Button was the sure favorite to win the world championship.

I couldn't find the references, but this article talking about Senna defuncts THAT suspicion of Kaz not being a lifelong motorsport fan. The man bought an R32 way back then. He isn't posing to be someone he's not. He's a photographer (with past ambitions of being a director), racer, car enthusiast (see the GT series's car list / museum), and he might even be a midnight toker :P

He owns a Porsche. How do people think he wouldn't love to have had the brand in GT all this time?

This is all just a tiny rant. Not at anyone in particular.

Today, this morning, I'm realizing (or remembering) that PD's pessimistic followers are a loud ass minority. Sure, criticize. But DAMN, it's tiring just thinking about how much moaning there's been about PD everywhere the name is heard on the web and seen at a racing or car gathering event.

Last edited:
If GTsport is only about modern cars (from 2009), it's simply a huge mistake. I hope there will be more than 140 cars; as one of the biggest studios, they clearly can't offer a game with probably less cars than PC2. GTSport is not Driveclub, it's not a launch title.
More than 3 years are enough to bring some classic cars, tuner cars... IMO, GTSport has changed, they will explain it at E3. For me, I will be bored very quickly by the modern cars.

If GTsport is only about modern cars (from 2009), it's simply a huge mistake. I hope there will be more than 140 cars; as one of the biggest studios, they clearly can't offer a game with probably less cars than PC2. GTSport is not Driveclub, it's not a launch title.
More than 3 years are enough to bring some classic cars, tuner cars... IMO, GTSport has changed, they will explain it at E3. For me, I will be bored very quickly by the modern cars.

Food for thought .., some of the VGT cars still have no interior

Forget actual classic cars we just need held versions of the gt classics.

-Suzuki escudo pikes peak
-400r gtr
-hks gtr drag car
-amuse and mines cars
Etc

te?
So far there are only 36 cars in the game.

Possibly. We still don't know how they're counting the various group models. If they're counting each one separately, which would be sort of consistent with past Polyphony counting methods, we're at 104 or something.

I wouldn't expect to see any older cars. They may do a pack as DLC.

Forget actual classic cars we just need held versions of the gt classics.

-Suzuki escudo pikes peak
-400r gtr
-hks gtr drag car
-amuse and mines cars
Etc
Suzuki Pikes peak car and the hks gtr drag car maybe but it's called gt sport, its about motor racing in general; gt7 will be everything I hope???

IMO it's very likely there will be a DLC/expansion for a classic series. Don't forget PD already has about a dozen or so classic/muscle cars made with tessellation that already appeared in GT6 (that includes the Dino, which we have already seen before in a scape). These will probably come to GTS at some point.

Kaz did say there could be 500 cars eventually but I doubt that's possible. Either way we'll see a wider range of cars at some point (maybe next game), otherwise all the pre-2009 cars they already have, SEMA cars, Pebble beach cars etc. would be useless.

This just popped into my mind. I wonder if it's possible for PD to introduce the original premium cars but only for scapes. They could then claim X00 cars and make some use of the older cars before they are super premiumized.

This just popped into my mind. I wonder if it's possible for PD to introduce the original premium cars but only for scapes. They could then claim X00 cars and make some use of the older cars before they are super premiumized.

The 458 Italia, Viper GTS, Veyron 16.4, among others have been reintroduced, so how about they're driveable instead like the older cars.

We have a GT40 MK4, a Jaguar D-Type, and including the one that won pebble beach, two versions of the Ferrari 330 P4. They already have enough assets for a classic Le Mans league.

Premium Models will make a simple enhancement to Super Premium with using Sub-surface division (Polygon Multiplier) which smoothes the surface, although for some older models there may be minor parts to enhance. GT6 had a total around 380 premium cars If I remember correctly?

Classics enough,

Veyron instad of Chiron
Huracan instead of Performante
650s instead of 720s or LT

My only complain about the car list the same cars as GT6 (road) would like to see some newer cars like the GT3 RS. Cars that where never in the series.

Only classic i want is the F40 and the F1 and 959! Haha dream on.... dream om zzzzzzzzzzzz

No sarcasm have you looked into how much work went into creating the moon experience , actual scans of the moon surface and work with professionals to get the no gravity feel correct, it was a fantastic read
How much work went into it made no difference to how boring and uninteresting and useless it was to a racing game. The moon and rocks not being out of place is what have Kaz sleepless nights. Rather than whether the game would actually be any good. You may have miraculously enjoyed it but I don't think it was worth the resources to please what is now one of only 2 people who enjoyed it. Hence why I thought you were being sarcastic.

How much work went into it made no difference to how boring and uninteresting and useless it was to a racing game. The moon and rocks not being out of place is what have Kaz sleepless nights. Rather than whether the game would actually be any good. You may have miraculously enjoyed it but I don't think it was worth the resources to please what is now one of only 2 people who enjoyed it. Hence why I thought you were being sarcastic.
So you've done a worldwide poll and the result is 2 people enjoyed it? ;)

So you've done a worldwide poll and the result is 2 people enjoyed it? ;)
So you would rather have a moon landing than a 100s of standard cars?
So you would rather have a moon landing than crappy vacuum cleaner sounds?
weak FFB and tire physics
and on and on we can go. Classic waste of time and money

IMO

Back