• 10 comments

What event would you like to race next?

• Super Taikyu (At Motegi)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Daytona 2 Hours

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • NSX Challenge (Road NSX's at TBD)

• Impreza Challenge (Racing Impreza's at TBD)

• Toyota Futura (FT Toyotas at Fuji)

• 2 Hours of Silverstone (Britcar)

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Raging Bulls (At Red Bull Ring)

• GT4 Europe (At Brands Hatch GP)

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Bathurst 1.2 Hours

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

Snaeper

Premium
United States
Phoenix, AZ
GTP_Snaeper
astIdbS.jpg

Date: POSTPONED
Schedule:

F9WSHHu.jpg

This is a multi-class semi-endurance event featuring four classes of cars. Three of the classes are a 1-make battle of spec vehicles, while the fourth class will be open to a range of vintage le mans machinery. If a vehicle's handling is too unwieldy, I may allow tuning and simply cap the class on power and weight.

I've always enjoyed spec-racing, but seeing a field full of the same car bored me some. With this, I can combine spec racing in an event that offers more to more people while racing against an unprecedented field of classes. The points system has been developed to encourage racers to return for more events, while also encouraging clean racing and completion of the event.

During the event, the best way to communicate is to use your keyboard as microphones will not be enabled.

E64dEtq.jpg

All drivers are expected to know and follow the GTPLanet OnLine Racing (OLR) Rules & Guidelines as well as The Good Racecraft Guide. You will be given one warning to improve your track etiquette at the end of the race should it be found to be unsavory. Should your track etiquette remain sub-par in the next meeting, you will be barred from future racing events until cleared for re-entry.
You are expected to hone your track etiquette and racecraft before participating!

LQFvDGE.jpg

Track: Circuit de la Sarthe 2005
Room Privacy: Public
Room Comment: Classic Le Mans
Race Type: Race for Real
Fixed Room Host: No
Max Number of Participants: 16
Race Quality: High
Voice Chat: OFF
Start Type: Grid Start w/ False Start Check
Boost: Off
Penalty: Light (to prevent short-cutting)
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Real
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Normal
Grip Reduction: Real
Nitrous: No
Minimum No. of Pit Stops: 1
Required Tire Compound Change: Off
Tire Restrictions: Class Specific
Weather and Time: No

sRqHCOS.jpg

Qualifying will use a 1-lap shoot-out method, participants will have 10 minutes to run as fast a time as possible. This may mean that some cars do not finish a lap, but GT should still sort you out into fastest and slowest.

Please respect track boundaries at this time, you are to keep two wheels on the track surface while at race speed. If you venture off, slow down and return to course at an appropriate pace so as not to gain an advantage in inadvertent off-track expeditions.

Qualifying in future events will be dependent on track length and the amount of time available.

oAXHEWh.jpg

There will be points awarded for this event and future single events like this. While this is not a series, at the end of the year, a champion will be crowned based on total points over the participation throughout the year. Some events in the future will use 3 classes of 5. Points are not awarded if you do not finish the race.

Finishing the race is classified as running at the end of the race. DO NOT STOP ON TRACK FOR ANY EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME. If there is an emergency, that is acceptable, but if your car is stationary on track (regardless of where), for multiple laps, you will not be scored any points.

In the event that there are only two participents in a class, the First place points will not be eligible to win. Thus the highest finishing points a participant can earn against one competitor is two points. Likewise, if there is only one participant in the class, they will only earn 1 point for finishing the race. The points rewarded are based on how many entries were at the start of the race, not how many finished (thus if four cars started a class and only 1 remained then it would earn 3 points, plus any applicable bonus points while other cars in it's class were racing).

Additionally, only the Spotless Car bonus points are eligible to earn for a single entry in a class, as the lack of competition make the remaining points, moot.

1st. 3 Pts
2nd. 2 Pts
3rd. 1 Pt
4th. 1 Pt
5th. 1 Pt

Bonus Points
Fastest Lap in Class: 1 Pt
Lead a Lap*: 1 Pt
Lead Most Laps in Class: 1 Pt
Spotless Car**: 3 Pts

Bonus Points can only be earned once per race.
*= Racer is credited with crossing the start/finish line in the lead. This point is only eligible to those who do not win the class,
**= When the race is reviewed and your car is found to have no visible cosmetic damage by the end of the event, you will be awarded your bonus points. These points are forfeit if you are given a penalty involving car-to-car contact with another competitor, regardless of your car's condition.

Penalties

DN****: (Points relative)
Dirty Achiever****: (Points relative)

***= In the event a participant does not complete 60% Race distance, he will not be eligible to receive full finishing-position points if he earns more points than someone who does finish. This only applies to normal finishing position points and negates the Spotless Car bonus. Fastest Lap and Lead a Lap are still attainable.
****= In the event a participant dis-respects track boundaries multiple times while pursuing the next position, he forfeits any points he gained during the lap or finish as a result of that behavior. 2 Tires on the track at all times! Race cleanly!

Note for this Event: Participants in the Open Class will only receive 1 Point for participation, as well as the Spotless Car bonus points.

However, if three or more of the entries consist of the Jaguar XJ13, Ferrari 330 P4 or Ford Mark IV, then normal class points would become win-able. Additionally, the Ford GT40 Race Car and Chaparral 2D can also compete for those points if all participants agree.

zoDKmQn.jpg

Oil Changes are highly recommended.

Chassis Improvement is highly recommended. NOTE: Test your car pre and post Chassis improvement in a Tuning-Restricted lobby to ensure it is permitted to race.

Car Appearance Requests: Matte, Color Shift and Chrome colors are allowed, but Solid's, Pearl's and Metallic's are requested. Wheels may be painted any color with any finish, but again, traditional colors (Black/Grey/White/Silver/Gold) are requested with Solid, Metallic and Matte being the requested textures.

For those racing in the SP8 class, you may change the wheels on your car, but please select competition-style wheels and refrain from some of the wheels available from OZ and others that entered via SEMA. I would prefer an audaciously colored racing wheel over a traditionally colored style-wheel. Additionally, try to keep the size of your wheels around the same size of traditional competition wheel. (If you can barely see the tire, they're too big).

Special Request: For this event, please try to pick and use your favorite solid color, and refrain from painting the wheels if you're able to, this way the cars can keep a very vintage and historic feel to them.

Don't worry, there is no penalty for not complying! 👍

Entry Request Guidelines

When requesting a position to race in, it's as simple as copying the format of the entry laid out below and filling it in with your own information. Keep it on a single line and make sure you only include information relevant to that class.

Notes:
  • Number requests are only necessary for cars that have number plates.
  • Colored Wheel requests are only necessary for cars that allow you to paint the wheels
This is an example of a correctly-formatted entry request:
Snaeper/GTP_Snaeper/Grey

I will not be held responsible for listing incorrect information if it is not provided to me upon your entry request.

h2ooEMh.jpg

The theme for this is vintage Le Mans racing cars, as well as cars that look like they should have or could have raced at Le Mans. We'll be using the oldest version of Circuit de la Sarthe for this event.

Warning: As of 1.09, many cars standard settings have been altered. Simply go through the tuning menu and hit "Reset to Default" in all categories (usually just the transmission and suspension, though) and your car should become legal.

Additionally, make sure you do not have any aerodynamic parts installed on the car as this is counted as tuning and you will not be permitted entry.

Special Request: For this event, if you are able to afford, or already own, cars like the 250 GTO, Ford Mark IV, 330 P4 or Jaguar XJ13, please request entry to use those cars, and allow members who do not yet own and may have difficulty purchasing more expensive cars to participate in some of the more affordable vehicles due to the expense of the machinery we'll be using in this race.

Regarding the Open Class: Only the Jaguar XJ13 is permitted to be entered more than once, as it's paintable (therefor, if you request it, please include the color). All other cars in class may only be entered a single time and if you see that the car has already been selected, please select another car if possible.

Additionally, when you select a car in the open class I will include the tires you will be using alongside your PSN.

________________________________________________________________________________

Class 1: Open
Car: Ferrari 330 P4, Ford Mark IV Race Car, Chaparral 2D, Jaguar XJ13, Ford GT40 Race Car, Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray Concept, Chevrolet Corvette (C2) Z06 Race Car, Alfa Romeo TZ2.
Tuning: Prohibited
Tires: --INQUIRE--
Entrants --

1. GTP Username/PSN/Car
  2. GTP Username/PSN/Car
  3. GTP Username/PSN/Car
  4. GTP Username/PSN/Car

Class 2: Prototipo
Car: Ford GT40 Mk. 1 '66
Tires: Racing Hard
Entrants --

1. GTP Username/PSN/Car Color
  2. GTP Username/PSN/Car Color
  3. GTP Username/PSN/Car Color
  4. GTP Username/PSN/Car Color

Class 3: GT Americana
Car: Shelby Daytona Cobra Coupe
Entrants --

1. GTP Username/PSN/Car Color

Class 4: GT Italia
Car: Ferraru 250 GTO
Entrants --

1. Snaeper/GTP_Snaeper/TBD

Thoughts? Questions? Please inquire below.

Next Event: Vote Now!

Classes:
Track:
Cars:

Last edited:
I'll decide my class probably a few days before the event. I'm torn between my Ferrari 330 or the Daytona.

I'll decide my class probably a few days before the event. I'm torn between my Ferrari 330 or the Daytona.
Very well, I would recommend the Ferrari, simply because it's more expensive and I'm trying to keep the Daytona, GT40 Mk. 1, Corvette's etc available to members who may not own any of these cars, as those are the "cheaper" cars to buy. (i.e. not 20 million)

Last edited:
Due to no entries yet aside from myself, I'll be holding off on this event for now and replacing it with the 2 Hours of Spa instead.

Keep an eye out for that and sign up!

I am interested racing with a Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray Concept .
However my worry is about the time of the race. I live in Romania (UTC+2) so is a big time difference.
I know you don't have a date because of the lack of drivers. I can't seem to find for my WEC Championship also, but please specify an hour of the practice and race so more people can see if they fit.\
I may also have a Dutch driver interested.

Due to no entries yet aside from myself, I'll be holding off on this event for now and replacing it with the 2 Hours of Spa instead.

Keep an eye out for that and sign up!

Good luck with your series Snaeper.

You and your racers might be interested in a series I have coming up - Historic BSCC (historic saloons) and "Ford Ferrari Wars" (Historic Le Mans and GT cars from the 1960's - untuned).

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ng-7th-september-2014-novices-welcome.311494/

Good luck with your series Snaeper.

You and your racers might be interested in a series I have coming up - Historic BSCC (historic saloons) and "Ford Ferrari Wars" (Historic Le Mans and GT cars from the 1960's - untuned).

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ng-7th-september-2014-novices-welcome.311494/
It should be noted that this is in the Single Races section, and was only planned as a single race.

Anyways, I might be resurrecting the event and others soon, but I'm going to try my luck in the ITCC and see how that pans out.

It should be noted that this is in the Single Races section, and was only planned as a single race.

Anyways, I might be resurrecting the event and others soon, but I'm going to try my luck in the ITCC and see how that pans out.

I noticed it was in the single races section, but I'm always trying to recruit new members and there's always a chance that you or your members might be interested. I hope that if you do resurrect the event it is a great success.

Latest Posts

Back