Clean Drivers Do It Better

• Thread starter Feschka
  • 35 comments

Feschka

(Banned)
feschka
Generally I'm on PSN on Quick Mode and yes: I'm a clean driver. :blush:

You know how the story goes: 9 out of 10 races they crash into you in every possible way and 9 out of 10 times intentionally.

I was at Yeongam, following a Finnish guy, trying not to cause a crash, waiting for him to make a mistake or spin off, nothing, so I ended up behind him.

2nd race: Monza, 1st chicane: I'm sent flying off track by the same guy (I was just thinking how Finnish peeps are generally so kind and nice...)

3rd race: Barcelona. 1st on the grid the Fin, 2nd ME ! PERFECT! Arghargh!!!

So yeah, for the first time I did it myself, I became a RAMMER, and you know what? I did it for whole 3 laps, I don't even remember how many times I crashed into him, he literally didn't know where to go, tried to escape but hey I was so damn fast like I've never been and always caught him.

Revenge, so sweet...

Yes, we do it better. :)

I tell you what is amazing, when I intentionally hit people into a spin, I don't get a penalty, then when I do it by accident, I do!

yes: I'm a clean driver. :blush:

No you arent!!

Unless the ':blush:' was a not too convincing attempt at sarcasm, you're just as bad as every punter out there. Racing clean and fair means just that, not just when you feel like it. Smashing people off the track in a rage is very childish imo.

By the way if you're trying to destroy your reputation here at GTP then you've begun in the correct manner 👍

I tell you what is amazing, when I intentionally hit people into a spin, I don't get a penalty, then when I do it by accident, I do!

I've noticed that too, spun Webber a few times without penalty. In return, when I lap someone they don't give room and I overtake them in a corner and they hit me, drive-trough penalty it is. :grumpy:

Same thing just happened to me on GT5 Prologue with a guy named GTP_EAT_MY_DUST

after i got revenge i sent a message ''eat who's dust?''

No you arent!!

Unless the ':blush:' was a not too convincing attempt at sarcasm, you're just as bad as every punter out there. Racing clean and fair means just that, not just when you feel like it. Smashing people off the track in a rage is very childish imo.

By the way if you're trying to destroy your reputation here at GTP then you've begun in the correct manner 👍

That's unfair mate, I just said that FOR ONCE I decided to give back what I got, I'm no racing Gandhi, and I hate rammers - whether they're kids or not. There's simply a point beyond which you feel enough is enough. Ever happened to you?

That's unfair mate, I just said that FOR ONCE I decided to give back what I got, I'm no racing Gandhi, and I hate rammers - whether they're kids or not. There's simply a point beyond which you feel enough is enough. Ever happened to you?

I can understand Your frustration...but You can,always,just leave...that's what I do whenever I found myself in that situation.:grumpy:

If somebody is literally stalking your car and smashing you at every possible opportunity it's ok to take them out, in my opinion. This happens pretty rarely but it does happen once in a blue moon, you'll get some jerk who either has a random hate on for you and will do stuff like slam you *while you're both going straight on straight road* and other obvious and ridiculous stuff. Or the type who falls so far behind on lap 1 that they sit still somewhere and wait to try and cause trouble lap 2. In these rare cases, I think it's justified to take them out, but way more often than that I just quit the session.

My biggest beef with racing games online is with these 'rammers'. The think they are being funny and smart, but really smashing into others is just a sign that they are so diabolically bad at racing games that this is all they know. People who drive clean show that they have the skill to actually play properly.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: ban the rammers from PSN Sony.

My biggest beef with racing games online is with these 'rammers'. The think they are being funny and smart, but really smashing into others is just a sign that they are so diabolically bad at racing games that this is all they know. People who drive clean show that they have the skill to actually play properly.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: ban the rammers from PSN Sony.

You cant ban people for playing a game as it was intended to be played. By that I mean if they haven't modified the game or their system. If advantages can be gained through glitches, bugs, or by design, everyone is entitled to do so.

I dont for one minute condone punting. Im surprised a thread stating how much better "clean" drivers are able to punt has lasted so long on GTP.

Whether racing under a GTP tag or posting on these forums you should always represent GTP OLR in the manner expected by the staff and the vast majority of members.

That is why I create a friends list with clean drivers. You can host your own race and choose who can participate.

Or choose races that have qualifying and a longer race (for example 20%); usually the rammers get bored or DQ'd (set full rules) during qualifying and leave the event.

You can also host your own race and turn collisions off; I don't like racing ghost cars though 👎.

Chatting with racers who have microphones on also helps establish your friends list; or you can call out bad racing etiquette, so other drivers can hear who is ramming rather than racing.

I hate rammers too, but I don't exhibit the same behaviour for revenge; I leave the event and find a new one :)

Ramming. Cheating. They both mean the same thing in racing games. To not be penalised in some way means that somebody somewhere is okay with that, and so doesn't mind ruining the enjoyment of many people.
Can't play racing games properly? Then by all means ram or smash your way to victory, but do it in a game that was designed to be played that way. Leave the proper racing games to the big boys.

People have as much of a right to play the game as a 'smash em up driving game' as you or I do to play it as an enjoyable competitive 'racing game'. Its not stated anywhere that the game has to, or even should, be played as the latter.

Dont get me wrong. I totally agree with you that punters ruin the enjoyment for clean racers and I too get wound right up by them.However, suggesting that Sony ban them for it is...... well, its never gonna happen.

BTW, If your final comments are aimed specifically at me I'd be happy to see you online. In my rearview;)

DOUQA
Whether racing under a GTP tag or posting on these forums you should always represent GTP OLR in the manner expected by the staff and the vast majority of members.
Anyone can sign up with a GTP tag. What you just said is stupidity.

Let's say someones likes the acronym GTP. And signs up on PSN as GTP_roflking.
Then he's being flamed at for not obeying the rules/not signed up at GTP, and he's like "whats gtplanet? what rules?".

Let's say my friend signs up on PSN as GTP_Amber assuming that GTP stands for Gran Turismo Pro.

If i leave this forum, i can still use GTP_Nero, cause maybe i like the acronym, or it goes well with "nero". 💡

Just because something is ironic it doesn't make it ok.

If you were racing under a GTP tag you wouldn't drive like that would you? No matter how frustrated you are. I dont see why admitting it on the forum is any different. You are representing this site and its members.

@Nero. By GTP tag I meant a GTP member. Sorry if I didnt make it clear enough.

Understood. I only said because I dont care how you drive if you're using your non GTP tagged PSNID (Presuming you have one) so long as you're not on the same track as me.:)

Maybe `we`should create CRD_ tag; for Clean Racing Drivers_:)

There will always be punters online; eventually you (the clean driver) will be one of a larger community racing each other in private races; while the punters will be bashing each other to their hearts`content by themselves:)

You can't fix stupid...:dunce:

You can only get away from it. What makes the difference is how easy it is to set up Private races, and invite clean drivers to them. Shift made an awful mess of this, limiting the number of Private servers. I haven't got F1 2010 yet, but am primarily interested in whether CM have made this ESSENTIAL aspect of the game easy or not.

Are the majority of races online simple demolition derby, or has F1 figured out an easy way to allow those that want to race clean to organize themselves on a casual basis?

I'm probably going to wait until the forthcoming patch addresses most current issues (made the mistake of getting Shift before it was patched, might not have got it if I had waited to see how little they did patch, eventually), but primarily, I am looking for drivers that aren't Mario Kart rejects. And the speed with which one can punt them, or gather the existing clean racers and set up a Private race will probably determine my purchase.

The only time I've ever hit someone online was a complete misjudgment on my breaking point and I promptly sent a message to the person apologizing. Sure it seems tempting to get revenge but then you are just as bad as them.

You can't fix stupid...:dunce:

You can only get away from it. What makes the difference is how easy it is to set up Private races, and invite clean drivers to them. Shift made an awful mess of this, limiting the number of Private servers. I haven't got F1 2010 yet, but am primarily interested in whether CM have made this ESSENTIAL aspect of the game easy or not.

Are the majority of races online simple demolition derby, or has F1 figured out an easy way to allow those that want to race clean to organize themselves on a casual basis?

I'm probably going to wait until the forthcoming patch addresses most current issues (made the mistake of getting Shift before it was patched, might not have got it if I had waited to see how little they did patch, eventually), but primarily, I am looking for drivers that aren't Mario Kart rejects. And the speed with which one can punt them, or gather the existing clean racers and set up a Private race will probably determine my purchase.

I have found it is easy to set up a private lobby and/or private race; you can also 'edit' your public race so the liklihood of punters and rammers is lessened (limit to a range of ranking e.g. 15-50) keeps some of the rookies out, or those that don't improve rankings because they are ramming and punting) 👍

Ok dude. Thanks. I wasn't sure thats why I waited.

You should've hung around a bit longer, we had some good races

Like I said in the message I sent you on PSN, the lobby I joined you all had traction control turned off. That killed me. I only use the DS3 controller.
I will practice harder and try and invest in a wheel. I want one for GT5 anyway.
I did enjoy the (brief) races we had though. If I hadn't gone off at the start of Melbourne that could've been a good race.
I should be on later on today(after I've watched th qualifying at Korea) or tonight. So possibly see you then. And if any more of you GTP guys want to join us, feel free.

Like I said in the message I sent you on PSN, the lobby I joined you all had traction control turned off. That killed me. I only use the DS3 controller.

It's virtually impossible to accelerate with no TC in 2nd and 3d gear with a pad in F1 2010 👎

Anyone can sign up with a GTP tag. What you just said is stupidity.

Let's say someones likes the acronym GTP. And signs up on PSN as GTP_roflking.
Then he's being flamed at for not obeying the rules/not signed up at GTP, and he's like "whats gtplanet? what rules?".

Let's say my friend signs up on PSN as GTP_Amber assuming that GTP stands for Gran Turismo Pro.

If i leave this forum, i can still use GTP_Nero, cause maybe i like the acronym, or it goes well with "nero". 💡

If I may just chime in here for a second.

Before I even knew about this site I had a GTP_ account for Prologue. I saw other racers with it and I thought it standed for Gran Turismo Prologue. So Nero is sorta right. But I won't be using a GTP_ account for GT5 no matter what.

Chiming out.

Standed? Stood** :dopey:

Last edited:
Back