Clean Drivers Do It Better

• Thread starter Feschka
  • 35 comments
I race mainly in QF plus race mode. Some people, even on their outlap try and race you lol

Whenever i make a mistake in Quali, i simply back off by getting off the racing line, slowing down to an appropriate speed and let those who are on their hot laps through. Ive come across two or so players who have done the same for me, the rest... Man they just wont let you through thus wrecking any chance of a decent time

Having said that, the positives far outweigh the negatives. Play with players who you know are clean racers and its one hell of a blast!

Id anyone wants some clean races, Add me on PSN, ID is XAl-Aqsa (X A L - A Q S A)

I wouldn't mind a mini championship actually

EXAMPLE
Tracks: Valencia, Montreal, Melbourne, Sakhir, Monaco for the season Finale
Race Distance: 20%
Dynamic Weather
Tyre simulation ON
All assists OFF

Basically the hardest difficulty level there is. Would be great if we had 12 players willing to participate!

Last edited:
I have to admit, there are a couple of times in a few games when I "sorted out" a few players. But only when I was 100% sure they were malicious, and tipped me over the edge. And almost all of the time I just don't get involved in that stuff.

There's a big, glaring problem with applying the principle of revenge. A certain percentage of the time, what seemed like deliberate contact may just have been accidental, or even just careless.

In a race a few days ago at Interlagos, I was on the inside of another player. He turned in and his rear wheels caught my front wheels and it spun him off. It was clearly not my fault; just his lack of awareness. A few laps later he got behind me and completely rammed me off.

I let that one go.

In the next race at Spa, I got a puncture. Going up the Kemmel straight, I just pulled to the side slightly lifting off, letting people pass. As the same guy was passing me, in the middle of that straight, he turned in on me and wrecked my car.

So from his point of view, he was getting his own back on me for spinning him in the previous race, even though I didn't spin him in the previous race...but he didn't know that. There are far to many 1-minded punters. But there are also far too many people who are too quick to blame others without being sure of what happened.

I always race cleanly, yet now that I think of it, so many times I get rammed by someone due to a misunderstanding (primarily lack of awareness of other drivers).

Well updating the topic now I'd add it's not only a revenge thing, I've often noticed when punters (or just dirty players - who are even worse...) realize they're getting constantly and deliberately crashed into they soon quit, probably in search for other unaware victims.

I am also getting tired of similar situations. I am a clean racer and will let others pass if I caused them to spin. (I rarely even make contact, as I drive overly cautious to not cause incidents.) But, here's a new one: I was in a race with full collisions and the car in front began to lose control and started flashing. I proceeded to drive through the car thinking it was ok and next thing I hear is "F... this, F..that" directed at me. Btw, I felt no collision whatsoever when I drove through his ghost. I let the guy pass and quit the race after I explained back in the lobby what my perspective was. Wanted:

Clean racers who give up position if they cause you to spin (racing incidents will happen, but use good judgment)

No assists - sorry, one of the most realistic factors of a racing game is no line telling you where to brake, turn, accel...

Mic users - please no or limited talking during a race.

If this describes you, let's do some races and PSN friend it. If you disagree, fine, we simply are looking for a different racing (gaming) experience.

Back