Clean Run Challenge#14-Lamborghini Miura at The Nordschleife (No SRF)

• Thread starter NCRthree
  • 34 comments
One last session tonight before real-life intervenes for a week or so. Did a clean 8:04.475 nice and gentle with only one cock-up, at the Karusell of all places. On my last attempt I looked at the clock at the beginning of the last straight and realised I was on for a PB, got carried away and braked too late and too hard at the end of the straight. A massive tank-slapper ensued during which I put three wheels on the grass. Recovered and crossed the line at 8:02.052. Disappointed to say the least. I've still got three attempts so the sub-8 minute lap might happen for me yet.

All done. 10 runs and steady progress. First tonight yielded a 7:50.8xx, just under my best. Then instead of a break went right to my last shot and hit a 7:48.239. Oh man, I was psyched as I hit the last timer just under 7 minutes, heart racing down the back straight concentrating hard on nailing the threshold brake zone. Hit it just right and maintained enough speed to get under that elusive 7:50. Replay was clean. I'm thrilled, was hoping for a 7:55 but kept finding more places to gain and maintain momentum.

That seems to be the key. I was hitting the throttle harder in a couple places I'd been afraid of losing traction. The Comfort Softs and mid engine combo allowed more aggression than I thought was safe. Some earlier braking for faster exits too. I was really concentrating on keeping my speed on tight uphill sectors as well.

So the next Challenge will definitely go back to overtaking and a return to Modern cars. I'll put it up Thursday. Oh, and Congrats to Giulietta73 for hitting the Front Page with his great shot for this Challenge!

Thanks Woodski and NCR:) Bit of a surprise to see that on the front page!

Was looking at another sub 8min lap until I the adrenaline kicked in and I tank-slapped my way through Tiergarten, and ended up facing the wrong way next to the barrier with the pit lane entry clear in the rear view mirror!!!!!:dunce:

First attempt was a 8:04.922. Comfort Soft tires. Might have another go later and hope I land under 8mins 👍

Edit: ran again for a 8:03.103

Here is a picture of my Miura painted in Reflex Spice (the best color in the game)

Last edited:
Clean Run Challenge #15 will be the 07 BMW Concept tii on Cape Ring Inside. It's in the 500pp FR Seasonal. Sport Hards all stock.

I should have the thread up tonight.

Latest Posts

Back