Clean Run Challenge #3- 07 BMW M3 at Nurburgring GP/D (no SRF)

• Thread starter NCRthree
  • 37 comments
5:09.779 431 bhp / 1655 kg 494pp brake balance 3/1

1st line up , Griffith 500 & Lotus Esprit , 5th try that counts towards total max 10 tries.
The other 4 were clean'ish , with AI contact.. This one was 100% clean.

laps
1:44.616
1:42.730 passed the last car on braking / entry to the chicane in last sector.
1:42.433

Margin of win : didn't write down and the replay ends before 2nd place car gets out of the last corner..
But based on the gap at T2 & 2nd place car's average last sector time : about 3.8 seconds.
Replay saved.

MadMax

Finally gave this a few runs last night, this is a nice little car except that huge step between 2nd & 3rd gear!
5:12.175
5:11.905
5:11.207
Love the Nurburgring tracks also 👍

5:24.9 completely clean with ABS off. Hey, someone's got to be last. BB at 2/0 certainly makes things a lot easier. I'm still driving very conservatively whilst getting used to ABS 0 but it's just starting to become instinctive which is a nice feeling.
I'll come back to this later but I've just spent 20M on a GT40 so I think it deserves an outing and I need some dosh now.

Well that was a bit frustrating, I was like a noob with the wheel - just don't use it enough any more. Must have done 15 restarts and was about to give it up when it started to come together, with a second clean time around 5:24.xxx.

Third clean race was 5:21.734

I was using BB 4/1 with aging DFP and sponge ball brake pedal.

I did a slightly faster run after this but I locked up into T1 of the final lap (braked late being a bit too hopeful). I skidded between P1 and P2 AI, threw it sideways to prevent going off and managed to hold on. I was in P2 by a nose into T3 but I was inside and had to brake a bit early and we ended up rubbing doors, so I called it a DQ. Good fun though.

Had two runs with this.

First on the Sport Hards it came with...

Then as thought there was a change some Comfy Softs ... I thought we ma even be running Comfy Mediums...

I didn't like the engine note. Very bland.

Had one restart - first lap into Veedol chicane... too much 24hours of Nurby - went in way too fast - nice broadside four tyre lock up slide - ran up the curb - I drive inside the white lines - Road cars should not be punished over Racing Curbstones - Suspension arms are not strong enoguh for that sort of punishment.
(Race Drivers Excuse : Number 4 - "Say your car is not up to the task")

Numbers will be edited in - but I never got close to winning mostly as I wasn't dialed into the car - Rears locked up into Veedol (3/2) while I was on CS tyres - which was nice.

1m46.0 - 5m21.108 (SH) (2nd - 3.2)
1m49.4 - 5m30.500 (CS) (4th - 10.3)

(423bhp - 491PP) BMW M3 Coupe 2007

5.20.678 with abs.

Managed 5.16.*** with no abs

it is very difficult.

Last edited:
Had a check of my garage - and that was the very first time I've driven a BMW M3. (Premium version)

bit of trivia

After four attempts, my best time was a 5:18.307 (which yielded 2nd place against a surprisingly strong AI rabbit:eek:).

I should be able to improve upon this with some additional practice.:cheers:

Thanks
GTsail

Back