Clipping?

As in Force Feed Back clipping?

FFB wheels can only do so much at a time. For instance if you've got your centring force set high when cornering it can't often reproduce other effects that are being sent to it, suspension movement, tyre slip etc. So what it can't do at the time gets lost - or clipped.

Now since it's an absence of FFB feelings you might not notice anything too unusual, but you could be missing out on the subtleties that might tell you when the tyres are about to slip.

In PC3 I don't think you need to worry about it since I think it uses a variation of the informative flavour FFB setting from PC2. Since that was an auto tuning setting the info to your wheel should be adjusted on the fly so you shouldn't get any clipping. But to help it out don't have the strength set to high, although some wheels will of course be different to others in this regard.

There is no RAW setting in PC3, you can't fine tune it yourself anyway. So as I say, don't worry about it too much.

Edit. If it's not FFB clipping you're referring to ignore the above. Or not. :P

Last edited:
see if that will stop the jerking I feel.
The effects from the vibration setting can cause a jerky sensation, try lowering that to zero and then build upwards from there.

For info with my G29 I currently have...
Strength 35
Tone 70
Vibration 10

Last edited:
Back