CLOSED: 2.0 Advanced Competition 016

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 46 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will close this in a couple of hours (I should have done it yesterday but I forgot...). There are 17 entries at this time so I will have to reject one for the poll. Sorry in advance... (I hate having to do this kind of choice...)

FINAL ENTRY

FINAL ENTRY

Before I get the poll up, I wanted to ask both of you how these images were edited, as they certainly look to have used Photoshop's artistic filters (or another program's equivalent). Please either post in the thread or PM me - or, if you already think you might've used such a filter, feel free to post new images - you'll have a bit over 12 hours :)

Before I get the poll up, I wanted to ask both of you how these images were edited, as they certainly look to have used Photoshop's artistic filters (or another program's equivalent). Please either post in the thread or PM me - or, if you already think you might've used such a filter, feel free to post new images - you'll have a bit over 12 hours :)

Hi Kyle
I did the editing in Photoshop Elements using layers and now after I went through the little tutorial I followed, I see I did make use of a Cutout artistic filter!
So please accept my apologies and I therefore withdraw my entry. I do not have anything at the moment to replace it - will sit this one out.!

Ps. I have no Idea how else I could get a painted entry "Jeremy's theme" and so just followed a tutorial.
So how did these entries get their effects without some form of artistic intervention? All done with layers ? Any Tips Please!

Yes I used a PS filter, i'm sorry I didn't see that was against the rules, It's my fault, sorry! I will retire my entry ;)

I'm sorry, I think it was my role to check the conformity of the entry to the rules...

To give a little try of answer to your question Werner there are many way to achieve something without the artistic filters. My own way to do such a thing is to shoot a car through another one or an element of the scenery and then use the usual tools to give the pic an artistic appearance. Fo example I'm pretty sure that @Giulietta73 's entry has been done this way (with the grass and flowers on the foreground I guess).

For an other example (taken in my own work) :

Unedited

Edited

Hi Kyle
I did the editing in Photoshop Elements using layers and now after I went through the little tutorial I followed, I see I did make use of a Cutout artistic filter!
So please accept my apologies and I therefore withdraw my entry. I do not have anything at the moment to replace it - will sit this one out.!

Ps. I have no Idea how else I could get a painted entry "Jeremy's theme" and so just followed a tutorial.
So how did these entries get their effects without some form of artistic intervention? All done with layers ? Any Tips Please!

I used a lot of contrast and vibrance, also changed the colors a bit, then added some noise. ;)

I'm sorry, I think it was my role to check the conformity of the entry to the rules...

To give a little try of answer to your question Werner there are many way to achieve something without the artistic filters. My own way to do such a thing is to shoot a car through another one or an element of the scenery and then use the usual tools to give the pic an artistic appearance. Fo example I'm pretty sure that @Giulietta73 's entry has been done this way (with the grass and flowers on the foreground I guess).

For an other example (taken in my own work) :

Unedited

Edited

Thank you Jérémy
and it is my job to check the rules !! - Should know by now!

Also thank you for the nice example - learned something new today! 👍 :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back