Nato_777

Moderately Super
Premium
New Zealand
Kaikoura, NZ
Nato777
advw147_header.png

This weeks theme in detail as presented by last weeks winner; Pete

"With winter just around the bend (here anyways), take out a Jaguar of your choice and leave some tracks in or near the snow."

CARS: Any Jaguar
LOCATIONS: Any snow covered tracks, though a snowy mountain backdrop (Eiger?) will work too
PHOTOTRAVEL: No
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: As above

adv_rules-png.587419

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.
This Thread will answer many possible questions you may have.
  • It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr.
  • Not sure how to post a thumbnail or preview image? Read this sticky!
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it;
    it makes poll creation much easier!
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
  • Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
  • Absolutely no hybrid, hacked cars, or cars obtained through such means.
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text. On H2H weeks, which side, as well.
    Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
    [COLOR="Red"]FINAL ENTRY[/COLOR]
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
    either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, linked to the full-sizer.
  • Preview images can not exceed 500 pixels in either direction.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Winner gets to choose the following week's theme, as well as the Top 20. Every fourth
    week, the poll will be H2H style: entries must choose a "team", leading to two 10-picture,
    4-day polls. The winners from each faces off in a final 48 hour poll.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
  • The Host may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so.
    It's recommended to save the original image (preferably in-game) until week's ends.

Failure to follow these rules will result in ignored entries and/or disqualification!

adv_editing-png.587435

What you may not do to a photo:
  • Alter the geometry of the car. No stickers, or body modifications not available in game.
  • Add shapes or objects from outside of GT6, signatures excepted.
  • Tying into the above: signatures only, no image titles or other typographic elements.
  • Add lens flares or "artistic" filters to image.
  • Remove items from shot (scenery, other cars).
  • Use more than 1 image (HDR, photo-stitching, multi-exposure).
  • "Creative cropping". The main "image" must be four-sided, with 90-degree, upright corners.
  • Selective car colour changing: masking different parts to create racing stripes or similar.
What you may do to a photo:
  • Crop and/or resize an image.
  • Adjust the level or curve values.
  • Alter the colour tone of the image (gradient maps, photo filters, colour balance, etc).
  • Car body colour change (all stickers/design features must remain, see "Remove Items" rule).
  • Adjust brightness, contrast, exposure, shadow/highlights.
  • Enhance shadows or highlights (dodge and burn tools in Photoshop, for example).
  • Add noise and/or diffuse glow.
  • Add a post-game tilt-shift blur, or apply a motion blur to a stationary Photomode shot.
  • Make use of Layer Blend Modes.
  • Use a Sharpening filter and/or tool.
  • Scale or enlarge rims.
  • Remove or modify license plates - it must be hand-drawn, no importing real ones.
  • Remove the GT watermark.
  • Add a personal signature/watermark (not an image title).
  • Clean up or fix jaggies, texture pixelation, or colour separation.
  • Add a vignette effect.
adv_deadline-png.587417

[20.00 GMT]

PD restricts all my cats from the snow circuits? :grumpy:

Hi guys, sorry I haven't been around much lately - life is still far from normal since November's earthquake here.
I'll keep these comps open until I receive the new themes from Andrew (I've only just messaged him now). ;)

Hi guys, sorry I haven't been around much lately - life is still far from normal since November's earthquake here.
I'll keep these comps open until I receive the new themes from Andrew (I've only just messaged him now). ;)

I'll try and get you those today @Nato_777 , I can only imagine life after an earthquake.... hope you get back to normal asap!!!:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back