can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
apmcheaderwk154.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, provided by winner GPR:

"Being a H2H week I thought we'd step back in time and photo battle to the death! :P Basically you can choose any German car or cars for one side or a British or American car or cars for the other. The German side must only have a German car in it and for the allied forces you can have either a British or American car or both. Multi car it single it's up to you."

CARS: Any German OR British/American
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: Yes
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Must either choose a German car or a British/American car.

gtpapmcrulesh02.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.
This Thread will answer many possible questions you may have.

• It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr.
  • Not sure how to post a thumbnail or preview image? Read this sticky!
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it;
    it makes poll creation much easier!

• One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
  • Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
  • Absolutely no hybrid, hacked cars, or cars obtained through such means.
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text. On H2H weeks, which side, as well.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
    either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, linked to the full-sizer.
  • Preview images can not exceed 500 pixels in either direction.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Winner gets to choose the following week's theme, as well as the Top 15. Every fourth
    week, the poll will be H2H style: entries must choose a "team", leading to two 8-picture,
    4-day polls. The winners from each faces off in a final 48 hour poll.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
  • The Host may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so.
    It's recommended to save the original image (preferably in-game) until week's ends.
Failure to follow these rules will result in ignored entries and/or disqualification!

gtpapmcediting02.jpg

What you may not do to a photo:
  • Alter the geometry of the car. No stickers, or body modifications not available in game.
  • Add shapes or objects from outside of GT5, signatures excepted.
  • Add lens flares or "artistic" filters to image.
  • Remove items from shot (scenery, other cars).
  • Use more than 1 image (HDR, photo-stitching, multi-exposure).
  • "Creative cropping". The main "image" must be four-sided, with 90-degree, upright corners.
  • Selective car colour changing: masking different parts to create racing stripes or similar.

What you may do to a photo:
  • Crop and/or resize an image.
  • Adjust the level or curve values.
  • Alter the colour tone of the image (gradient maps, photo filters, colour balance, etc).
  • Car body colour change (all stickers/design features must remain, see "Remove Items" rule).
  • Adjust brightness, contrast, exposure, shadow/highlights.
  • Enhance shadows or highlights (dodge and burn tools in Photoshop, for example).
  • Add noise and/or diffuse glow.
  • Add a post-game tilt-shift blur, or apply a motion blur to a stationary Photomode shot.
  • Make use of Layer Blend Modes.
  • Use a Sharpening filter and/or tool.
  • Scale or enlarge rims.
  • Remove or modify license plates.
  • Remove the GT watermark.
  • Add a personal signature.
  • Clean up or fix jaggies, texture pixelation, or colour separation.
  • Add a vignette effect.
gtpapmcdeadline02.jpg

[20.00 GMT]

I might enter in this one because there seems to be a lack of German cars. Nice entries everyone 👍

Would this count as part of the German side or British side? Or is it not a valid entry?

*Not final entry

Hmm, tough one. Well technically it falls over both sides but since I have stated the shot can only feature one side, this probably doesn't qualify, sorry Maz. :( It is a very nice shot though. 👍

Well seems like there's an entry total that doesn't exceed the poll list quota so I'm going to allow it then. ;)

Last edited:
May I upload an image that is already on my computer, not on a image hosting website(With the new "Upload a File" Feature)? I will give an example if needed. Thanks :)

Great entries guys :drool: Looks like Ze Germanz are going to be out battled in this one...

Really looking forward to your match in the tournament by the way ;)
Thanks zambuca, I was going to go on the German side but then I remembered about the Triumph Spitfire and just had to go with that instead. You can't have a WWII dogfight without a Spitfire! :)

The tourney match should be interesting - it's a challenging theme and I'm not sure how to tackle it just yet. Triple z could get the better of triple 7 on this one but I'll put up a fight. ;) All the best zzz_pt. 👍

Final Entry

- American -
Ummm i have 1 problem with this pic... isnt it technically a hybrid? im pretty sure you cant change the color of the stingray so...

If you can paint it sorry! it looks AMAZING in that red!

Ummm i have 1 problem with this pic... isnt it technically a hybrid? im pretty sure you cant change the color of the stingray so...

If you can paint it sorry! it looks AMAZING in that red!

The red version of the C7 is available through the dealership. The car comes in two colours: Red & Grey.

I'm seeng some great entries chaps. Well done. 👍

Just under 12hrs let on this, so if there's anymore to come better get shooting. ;)

GPR
I'm seeng some great entries chaps. Well done. 👍

Just under 12hrs let on this, so if there's anymore to come better get shooting. ;)
So, 2 more hours, then? Aww, okay, I won't make it in time.

@GPR personally I would just keep this open until SlipZtrEm is ready for as long as you don't have the full quota for the poll. ;)

Reactions: GPR
Yeah good call there Nato, will do just that.

So you've got some time Alex. :)

I'll inform Slipz soon and this will stay open until he gets around to closing it. ;)

GPR
Yeah good call there Nato, will do just that.

So you've got some time Alex. :)

I'll inform Slipz soon and this will stay open until he gets around to closing it. ;)
Doing my best to make an entry in time.

Reactions: GPR
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back