Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
headernlu.png

themet.png

Further explanation of theme, in the words of ...UH... ME:

It's a Head2Head poll this week, folks! You saw this theme coming, it was only a matter of time:
Chromatic9 wants to see your best prancing horse, or your best raging bull. Pick a side, but either way,
do Enzo and Ferruccio proud with your shots this week!

CARS: Ferrari or Lamborghini only.
LOCATIONS: any
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: none past manufacturer.

20week02rules.png

SPECIAL H2H RULES APPLY:
  • You must submit an entry with a clear side chosen. Not both.

• You may submit one entry. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
  • It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr.
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, linking to the full-size image.
  • A preview image is not only allowed, but encouraged! However, preview images can not exceed
    500 pixels in either direction. This includes borders or drop shadow effects, keep that in mind.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • No full-size images posted in thread; your entry will be ignored.
  • Need to resize your image to create a preview? Try GIMP or Irfanview!
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the
    change in a new reply, or in place of the original. USERS ATTEMPTING TO ENTER BOTH WILL BE DQ'd.
  • Need help figuring out how to submit? Read this.
  • Winner gets to choose the following week's theme, as well as the poll. Every fourth week, the
    poll will be H2H style: entries must choose a "team", and the best from each poll faces off.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
20week01editing.png

Allowed Photoshop Tools List:
  • Lasso
  • Crop
  • Clone Stamp
  • Smudge/Blur/Sharpen
  • Dodge/Burn/Sponge
  • Gradient
  • Layers (for overlays and layer adjustments)
Allowed Photoshop Adjustments:
  • Levels
  • Curves
  • Colour Balance
  • Brightness/Contrast
  • Back & White
  • Hue/Saturation
  • Desaturate
  • Photo Filters
  • Shadow/Highlight
  • Exposure
Allowed Photoshop Filters:
  • Blur
  • Distort -> Diffuse Glow
  • Noise
  • Render -> Lighting Effects
  • Sharpen
  • Other -> High Pass

(NOTE: No additional plug-ins for the above should be used)

What you may not do to a photo:
  • Alter the geometry of the car. No bodykits, stickers, or body modifications not available in game.
  • Add things from outside of GT5 (real life photography, for example).
  • Use more than 1 image (HDR, photo-stitching, multi-exposure).

What you may do to a photo:
  • Scale or enlarge rims
  • Remove or modify license plates
  • Remove the GT watermark
  • Add a personal signature
20week01deadline.png

Last edited:
Continuing on with the other week (and this extends to Week 5's poll winner as well, whoever that ends up being):

Winner receives an in-game prize! It most likely will be another X1 offering... I'm not entirely sure yet though.

I'm going to try my best with this week. I'm not a great photoshop-ographer, but I will do my best.

Muy Interesante.

That's about as far as my Spanish goes, and I'm none too sure I even spelled it correctly. :lol:

I'm all for this.

FINAL ENTRY

Lamborghini Gallardo - It looks much better in full size.

Last edited:
Im sorry if this is not allowed but from what i can tell i broke no rules so here goes.
i took a picture of my F430 scuderia in GT5 and one of its steering wheel. i used www.picnick.com to add the neon effect (i dont have photoshop) and had to use microsoft word to add the steering wheel their. if this photo is not allowed feel welcome to get rid of it :)

FINAL ENTRY

Last edited:
  • A preview image is not only allowed, but encouraged! However, preview images can not exceed 500 pixels in either direction. This includes borders or drop shadow effects, keep that in mind.
I think this part needs to be written in large bold letters, since a lot of people with good entries seem to miss it...

I think this part needs to be written in large bold letters, since a lot of people with good entries seem to miss it...

They'll learn eventually. Slowly but surely. It only takes a few seconds or so to read the rules, if they can't be bothered to do that then that's nobody else's fault but their own!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back