Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
apmc08header.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, in the words of our Week 6 Winner RetroGiant:

Choose the car in your garage that has won you the most money in the
game. I want to see it out on the track as well making money!

CARS: any
LOCATIONS: any track
PHOTO TRAVEL: no
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: see above

gtpapmcrulesc.jpg

• No full-size images posted in thread; your entry will be ignored.
    [*]One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
    [*]Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
    [*]You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
    either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
    [*]When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, linked to the full-sizer.
    [*]Preview images can not exceed 500 pixels in either direction.
    [*]A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
    [*]Winner gets to choose the following week's theme, as well as the Top 20. Every fourth
    week, the poll will be H2H style: entries must choose a "team", and the best from each
    poll faces off in a final 48 hour poll.
    [*]Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
gtpapmcediting.jpg

Allowed Photoshop Tools List:
  • Lasso
  • Crop
  • Clone Stamp
  • Smudge/Blur/Sharpen
  • Dodge/Burn/Sponge
  • Gradient
  • Layers (for overlays and layer adjustments)
Allowed Photoshop Adjustments:
  • Levels
  • Curves
  • Colour Balance
  • Brightness/Contrast
  • Back & White
  • Hue/Saturation
  • Desaturate
  • Photo Filters
  • Shadow/Highlight
  • Exposure
Allowed Photoshop Filters:
  • Blur
  • Distort -> Diffuse Glow
  • Noise
  • Render -> Lighting Effects
  • Sharpen
  • Other -> High Pass

(NOTE: No additional plug-ins for the above should be used)

What you may not do to a photo:
  • Alter the geometry of the car. No stickers, or body modifications not available in game.
  • Add shapes or objects from outside of GT5, signatures excepted.
  • Remove items from shot (scenery, other cars).
  • Use more than 1 image (HDR, photo-stitching, multi-exposure).

What you may do to a photo:
  • Scale or enlarge rims.
  • Remove or modify license plates.
  • Remove the GT watermark.
  • Add a personal signature.
  • Clean up or fix jaggies, texture pixelation, or colour separation.
  • Add a vignette effect.
gtpapmcdeadline.jpg

Last edited:
Really? I fully expect a bunch of Minoltas or X1's :lol:

Final Entry
McLaren F1 Stealth Model

Modifications: Contrast, Titling, Frame

I'm at level 19, what do you expect? I don't have time to play much.

Last edited:
Was in the garage about to select my fully tuned murcielago sv to take some pictures of when my ps3 shut off. YLOD... Looks like I'm out of these competitions for a while. :(

I think I have a good idea of the picture I'm going for. Probably won't be edited since I'm photoshop illiterate.

Final Entry
McLaren F1 Stealth Model

Modifications: Contrast, Titling, Frame

Engh, my a-spec is 20, b-spec significantly higher... that said, the stealth McLaren is a great grinding car up to Expert. Then again, how would anyone know whether anyone did a majority of their grinding in the K-cup with a Fiat 500 or just REALLY likes the '62 Special? Basically, it's open to any car

Engh, my a-spec is 20, b-spec significantly higher... that said, the stealth McLaren is a great grinding car up to Expert. Then again, how would anyone know whether anyone did a majority of their grinding in the K-cup with a Fiat 500 or just REALLY likes the '62 Special? Basically, it's open to any car
I'm just hoping people truly do pick the car that has won them the most money whether it be a-spec or b-spec. Just picking your random favorite car kinda takes away from the fun of the theme.

Well it was either that or my Gamestop Nascar Camry, suprisingly I could get that thing into the 'hot hatch' races.. . LOL

I'm just hoping people truly do pick the car that has won them the most money whether it be a-spec or b-spec. Just picking your random favorite car kinda takes away from the fun of the theme.

Yes, but you can't blame people for running with (read: exploiting) a poorly framed theme; like payback, semantics are a b*tch. The contest basically boils down to either one of 7 common grinding cars or the car people just "go" to when they race. Perhaps someone will think a little outside of the box and think about all the modes of play, not just the obvious two.

We'll see who gets to be a smart-*ss and posts a Daihatsu Midget II D... and there's really no way to verify whether they really do just run races with it.

That said, I too hope that people take the theme seriously because I'll be taking it seriously as I am sure, are you and it won't be less fun if people don't take it seriously - only easier (on those who do). I mean, common sense does have its place, right?

Hi Guys! Newbie here. Just wanted to try my luck here in this competition LOL Wish me luck! :dopey:

This might not be much, but this car is currently my money maker (and to kill two birds with one stone, it also fits the category, "from the starting line to the first corner")... I'm still stuck at level 11 :(

Final Entry
Nissan GT-R at Tokyo R246

[removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Great, so if I enter I get to take a picture of the 2J. No idea how to make that thing look decent. :lol:

Meh.

Final Entry

Last edited:
Yes, but you can't blame people for running with (read: exploiting) a poorly framed theme; like payback, semantics are a b*tch. The contest basically boils down to either one of 7 common grinding cars or the car people just "go" to when they race. Perhaps someone will think a little outside of the box and think about all the modes of play, not just the obvious two.

We'll see who gets to be a smart-*ss and posts a Daihatsu Midget II D... and there's really no way to verify whether they really do just run races with it.

That said, I too hope that people take the theme seriously because I'll be taking it seriously as I am sure, are you and it won't be less fun if people don't take it seriously - only easier (on those who do). I mean, common sense does have its place, right?

👍

I agree with RG ,I really Hope people don't pick a good looking picture with a random car.

Edit :Change my entry I want to put more effort on to this .:D

Last edited:
that zonda r was taken in photo travel and the rules clearly state no photo travel I believe my good sir.

damn, I had this picture on my HD! Didn´t check the rules clearly enough!

So, I have to go for some races again with my trusty Zonda :)

You should make people post a garage picture showing the mileage and races won. At least that way we'll know they've driven the car a little bit.

I edited my post! Now I got the car on the track, where it can make money....more and more :)

Btw, the Zonda isn´t my money maker anymore, but it did alot of races and won me a ton of money and cars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back