CLOSED: 3.0 Masters Cycle 002

• Thread starter Taiga
  • 36 comments
Singapore
Singapore
lowzikai

Theme: Elementalist 3.0

Description: This was a theme I got to be the judge of back in GT5's 2.0 and I've always thought the theme could be very much expanded without rules.
Have your photo represent and embody an element, any element no matter how abstract like Fire, Water, Earth, Dark, Light etc.
For example, photos representing Wind could show lightly toned, well-flowing pictures or literal adaptations like smoke clouds and such.
Another example could be for images representing Fire, you could edit in backfire, or just have a warm tone overall to keep in check with your element.

Restrictions: Photos must represent an element. Indicate the element you've chosen in your entry.

TL;DR What's New

- Every cycle's rule set decided by judges, unlike 3.0 before in which the rules were somewhat unclear.
- Poll size is now 7.
- Judging is tougher to push only the best through to poll.
- Trophies are provided in form of borders to podium entries.
- Badges, akin to achievements in PSN, will be awarded.
- A Victors' Gallery will be opened to showcase podium entries and judges, along with entrants are invited to give a description/comments on entries.
- Each 5th cycle will see a special cycle like a quarter quell in The Hunger Games in which the rules are decided by the house and special conditions will be given.
- No limit on updating/changing entries.
- New stuff will be coming!

Rules:
Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a conversation with me, or just simply ask it in the thread.
This Thread will answer many possible questions you may have.

• Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
        • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
        • Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
        • Absolutely no hybrid, hacked cars, or cars obtained through such means.
        • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
        • You may change your entry as many times as you want. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
        • When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, linked to the full-sizer.
        • Preview images can not exceed 500 pixels in either direction.
        • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
        • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
        • Winner gets to choose the following cycle's theme, as well as the Top 7.
        • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
        • The Host and moderators may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so.
          It's recommended to save the original image (preferably in-game) until cycle's ends.
Failure to follow these rules will result in ignored entries and/or disqualification!

Editing Rules:
None for this cycle

Deadline:
19 January 2014, 1000 GMT

Final Entry

- Element: Earth -
Untitled-1_zps399aa80f.jpg

- click for big size -

Sesto Elemento

- Carbon-

I hope this counts as "element".

It's an element on the periodic table so I'd say yes. Actually I had a very similar idea for this myself but I haven't started anything yet so looks like I'll need a new idea.

Nice piece NB.

GPR
It's an element on the periodic table so I'd say yes. Actually I had a very similar idea for this myself but I haven't started anything yet so looks like I'll need a new idea.

Nice piece NB.

Thanks George :cheers:

That was my thought too, so I think it's ok.

I'm pretty sure you will come up with something stunning again.

NOOOO... how could I have missed these 3.0 Competitions! Missed two already. Oh well, no time for this one, been busy, count me in for the rest. Good luck guys, great entries.

I bet someone will enter in a Honda Element! :lol:

I'll think of something once I go home.

Back