Nato_777

Moderately Super
Premium
New Zealand
Kaikoura, NZ
Nato777
ccclw20_header.png

This week's theme as brought to you by smskeeter23:

I still remember back from my motocross days when KTM started showing up at the racetracks around 1993. KTM, an at the time little known Austrian company, coming in to duke it out against the rest of the mainstream Japanese field of Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, and Kawasaki created quite the buzz.

In 2008 KTM created buzz again by building another machine for the racetrack only now it has 4 wheels. The KTM X-Bow is a great track day car and I want you to properly flog it around the Streets of Willow Springs. I'm rapidly falling completely in love with this car because it is a total blast to drive. I am confident that if you don't like it yet, you will by the time you finish taking your pictures of it.

CAR: KTM X-BOW Street '12
PHOTOTRAVEL: No
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: No static shot.

View attachment 138342
Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, ask me via a Conversation.
This Thread will answer many possible questions you may have.

• It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr.
  • Not sure how to post a thumbnail or preview image? Read this sticky!
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
  • No post-GT6 editing, besides proportional resizing and rotating, is allowed.
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
  • Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
  • Absolutely no hybrid, hacked cars, or cars obtained through such means.
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
    either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, linked to the full-sizer.
  • Preview images can not exceed 500 pixels in either direction.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Winner gets to choose the following week's theme, as well as the Top 15.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
  • The Host may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so.
    It's recommended to save the original image (preferably in-game) until week's ends.

Failure to follow these rules will result in ignored entries and/or disqualification!

View attachment 138341

Oh man, that is ridiculously convenient! I just pulled out my X-Bow Street like 2 hours ago for the first time in months and played around with it and I was think how track days cars would make a good theme. Lol, well played @smskeeter23 :cheers:

So I'm having epic trouble today. As some of you know with the last Secret Santa competition I was having trouble with my game. Well when I turned it on today it turns out the disc reader is broke and it won't recognize my games... again, so I'll be replacing that for the second time due to Gran Turismo 6, thanks PD. However I was lucky enough to export an image for this comp yesterday before it broke. However yet more trouble, I got home today and found that my laptop, which had been remembering my Flickr sign in, had logged me out of Flickr and I cannot figure out how to get into it. It doesn't seem to recognize my user name or password. I emailed customer support but I don't know when I can get back into it. Is it okay if I post this entry without the online backup, posting the resized final entry and attaching the full image to the post?

All good now :D

Last edited:
So I'm having epic trouble today. As some of you know with the last Secret Santa competition I was having trouble with my game. Well when I turned it on today it turns out the disc reader is broke and it won't recognize my games... again, so I'll be replacing that for the second time due to Gran Turismo 6, thanks PD. However I was lucky enough to export an image for this comp yesterday before it broke. However yet more trouble, I got home today and found that my laptop, which had been remembering my Flickr sign in, had logged me out of Flickr and I cannot figure out how to get into it. It doesn't seem to recognize my user name or password. I emailed customer support but I don't know when I can get back into it. Is it okay if I post this entry without the online backup, posting the resized final entry and attaching the full image to the post?
I think we need @Nato_777 to weigh in on this one...

I think we need @Nato_777 to weigh in on this one...
No we don't, I'm back on Flickr! Lol, just got it working 5 minutes ago! :cheers:

Funny story actually. When I made my Flickr account I made a typo. I meant to type alexmacgranturismo, but what my account name actually was was alexmacgrantursimo. So now I'm back and I fixed the typo in my account name. You have no idea how vintage of a move that was for me, it's totally classic that I spent 2 days on trying to figure that out!

If I didn't know any better I'd swear that is the same color I painted mine!
Depends, is your color Matte Black? Lol, I was bored online a weak ago and was looking at track day cars and stumbled across the KTM X-Bow RR which is all carbon fiber and looked simply awesome, so this was my attempt to replicate that car in the game! Turns out the body kit from the RR is the other aero kit offered in the game!

I was like "how is that not edited?" Then I realized, "hey wait, is that a cone?" Whatever it is, brilliant work sir!
Thank you Amac!!! And it's one of those orange bundles of things lying around the track (seen in picture from @kaede) 👍

Depends, is your color Matte Black? Lol, I was bored online a weak ago and was looking at track day cars and stumbled across the KTM X-Bow RR which is all carbon fiber and looked simply awesome, so this was my attempt to replicate that car in the game! Turns out the body kit from the RR is the other aero kit offered in the game!
Close. It was one of the very dark teal/greenish ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back