Nato_777

Moderately Super
Premium
New Zealand
Kaikoura, NZ
Nato777
CCCLW132Banner.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, as described by rambo793:

"Although it had already left quite an impression on me when I heard this masterpiece from
Phil Collins back when GTA Vice City Stories came out, it had a greater impact when I came
across it in Miami Vice's first episode.
The scene it was used in, with Sonny Crockett driving that '72 Ferrari Daytona late at night
with his partner beside him, lost in thought, troubled, in conflict with his mind while this number
played in the background all added to the emotional depths of the character and the series.
So this week, I want you to take a look at that classic scene and recreate it however you see fit.
Since GT5 is missing the Daytona, I wish you all take your Black Ferrari California's with
their tops down, to SSRX at night, and live Crockett's moment."

CAR: Ferrari California '08.
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Night time shots ONLY. Also, the California must be in Black.

gtp_cccl_rules_02-3.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have any questions, please, send me a Private Message.
This Thread has everything you need to know.
  • There must be at least some detail of the background (location) visible in the picture that
    can later be identified to be part of the location specified in the theme. If the location is
    not immediately clear from the picture you must provide the exact location if it's queried.
  • Only one entry per user allowed. It must be that user's own work and never used in another
    competition.
  • Do not ask other members to choose your entry.
  • Entry post must be marked with a FINAL ENTRY text.
  • Entries may only be changed once and it must be indicated clearly.
  • Entries must be posted in either thumbnail or a preview. We recommend you to link either
    to it's full size.
  • Posts containing bigger previews than allowed, full sizes or links only will be ignored.
  • Previews should not exceed the limit of 500px in either direction and have any effect not present
    in the original image.
  • It's recommended the usage of a free image hosting service, such as ImageShack, Photobucket
    or Flickr.
  • If you want your entry to have a link to your full sized image in the poll, make your preview
    a link to the full sized photo.
  • Only the Judge's favorite 15 entries will get through to the poll.
  • Keep in mind that the Host of this competition may ask for the original image and it must
    be submitted if so.

It's recommended to store the original image (from the USB stick) until competition week ends.
gtp_cccl_editing-3.jpg

What you may not to do a photo:
  • Alter the geometry of the car. No stickers, or body modifications not available in game.
  • Add shapes or objects from outside of GT5, signatures excepted.
  • Add car reflections to the road or any other surface.
  • Remove items from shot (scenery, other cars).
  • Use more than 1 image (HDR, photo-stitching, multi-exposure).
  • Add effects that make the picture look something other than a photograph.
What you may do to a photo:
  • Crop and/or resize an image.
  • Adjust the level or curve values.
  • Alter the colour tone of the image (gradient maps, photo filters, colour balance, etc).
  • Adjust brightness, contrast, exposure, shadow/highlights.
  • Enhance shadows or highlights (dodge and burn tools in Photoshop, for example).
  • Add noise and/or diffuse glow.
  • Add a post-game tilt-shift blur, or apply a motion blur to a stationary Photo Travel shot.
  • Make use of Layer Blend Modes.
  • Use a Sharpening filter and/or tool.
  • Scale or enlarge rims.
  • Remove or modify license plates.
  • Remove the GT watermark.
  • Add a personal signature.
  • Clean up or fix jaggies, texture pixelation, or colour separation.
  • Add a vignette effect.

gtp_cccl_deadline-3.jpg

Monday 23.09.13
CCCL_PrizeCar132.jpg

Last edited:
Oh darn it, and I'm the judge here!
My mistake, meant it for another competition, thanks NB :dunce:

Last edited:
Cheers Nathan :cheers:...

....showing my age now but I remember THAT scene clearly when it was first screened ...I even stopped wearing socks for a while :dopey:

Very great theme Sean. And this video remind me how special this serie was. the work on each plan, on the edit is so good. Michael Mann has given this serie a great character.

Hope I will have enough time to make something for this comp :)

Cheers Nathan :cheers:...

....showing my age now but I remember THAT scene clearly when it was first screened ...I even stopped wearing socks for a while :dopey:

"It was real...wasn't it...?"
"Yeah it was"

I will always remember this scene. Michael Man is the man :-) Nice theme 👍

Really glad you're all loving it. Had this in mind for a really long time now and always hoped I would win a CCCL just so I could put forth this theme.
"It was real, wasn't it?" , there was just so much to this particular scene. It's a shame the film didn't feature the original cast and turned out the way it did.

Anyway, every single one of your entries is outright beautiful. Wonderful work 👍

Competition Now Closed. 13 Entries, which is a good thing, all of you get a go at the poll. Really beautiful work, every single one. All the best and glad you loved the theme. :) See you folks around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back