CLOSED: POLL: GT6 Photomode Tournament: Season 02 - PMC - Round One - Results In

• Thread starter Nato_777
  • 59 comments

Which 16 will progress into Round Two?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me extremely upset that someone finds it okay to cheat like this and create extra accounts for their own benefit. It's sick! :yuck: Extremely glad that Nathan has found a way to resolve this though, thanks Nathan:cheers: :gtpflag:

Seeing as how it's clearly in the rules to not resort to such unsportsmanlike moves - and that the polls are meant to be anonymous - I've no problems DQ'ing the person(s) responsible. Perhaps from all the other comps for a set amount of weeks too. Nathan puts a lot of time and effort into the tournament and the weeklies, and it's more than a little insulting to see people try to undo that.

Mod powers have made it clear this was an intentional act. I've no patience for folks like this.

Thanks @SlipZtrEm, I don't think anyone will have any complaints about the culprit(s) being disqualified (except maybe the culprits themselves). And thank you for your assistance in the investigations, I can only go so far and then have to call on the powers of a moderator and your time and effort is very much appreciated. :cheers:

At this stage I am awaiting a response from said member, I'll reserve my decision on the name and shame until then or if I don't get a response at all.
However a disqualification will be enforced regardless (though that member will be eliminated this round on voting anyway) and certainly a ban from the 2.0 Advanced Tourney to come.

Last edited:
The poll has closed.
I have deducted all of the 'bogus' votes and it was decided that the disqualified member should not have the right to vote either so they have also been deducted.
The results are as follows;

Advancing to Round Two
Eliminated

Match 01 - Stopforpetrol vs RobbiefromBC
1. RobbiefromBC - DISQUALIFIED
2. Stopforpetrol (27)

Match 02 - Farushi vs Mires
1. Farushi (35)
2. Mires (10)

Match 03 - Yui-san vs GTracer98
1. Yui-san (27)
2. GTracer98 (18)

Match 04 - Philipp Nunes vs 133tom
1. 133tom (45)
2. Philipp Nunes (1)

Match 05 - GT_Racer22 vs NBDESIGNZ
1. GT_Racer22 (13)
2. NBDESIGNZ (33)

Match 06 - GTP_Dutchy vs GBO Possum
1. GBO Possum (29)
2. GTP_Dutchy (16)

Match 07 - Andy Voong vs Chameleon9000
1. Andy Voong (22) on Qualifying vote count back
2. Chameleon9000 (22)

Match 08 - Fyshokid vs Beeblebrox237
1. Beeblebrox237 (24)
2. Fyshokid (20)

Match 09 - Giulietta73 vs AudiMan2011
1. AudiMan2011 (20)
2. Giulietta73 (21)

Match 10 - Crs_D vs AidenNewman888
1. AidenNewman888 (15)
2. Crs_D (31)

Match 11 - Sa7een vs KiroKai
1. Sa7een (28)
2. KiroKai (14)

Match 12 - GranTurismo916 vs at1503
1. at1503 (19)
2. GranTurismo916 (24)

Match 13 - rallydakar vs Soyuz 77
1. rallydakar (31)
2. Soyuz 77 (11)

Match 14 - Raphaele vs mazda787
1. Raphaele (5)
2. mazda787 (39)

Match 15 - Haitauer vs hsv
1. Haitauer (31)
2. hsv (13)

Match 16 - nanabu vs Rayquaza
1. Rayquaza (20)
2. nanabu (25)

Congratulations to the 16 contestants advancing to Round Two. :cheers:

Congrats to Nic, and to everyone else that made it through!!! Absolutely superb shots guys!!! :bowdown: Its a shame to be out in in around 1 again but I knew I'd be out once I was matched against Nic; still, it was great to go head to head with one of the best! Cheers, and best of luck to all in the up-and-coming rounds, I'll see you all again in the 2.0 Tournament!!! :cheers: 👍 :gtpflag:

Thanks for votes goes out to:

Last edited:
Glad that the culprit has been dq 'd and gutted for those who ended up with a result change - especially @AudiMan2011 , that was a damn good battle there!! Thought you had it there for most of the poll!👍 I'd concentrated too much on the pose and way not enough on the nice location:dunce:

Thanks to all who voted:cheers:

Hopefully round 2 will be trouble free!!

Huge thanks to @Nato_777 and @SlipZtrEm for all there efforts behind the scenes.:cheers:

Thanks all for some votes, didnt thought i'll pass to round 2. @Farushi :bowdown: symbolically beat me with my fav GT-R. :D

Aaand congratz to all who made it through, lookin forward to see the battles till the end and hopefully see you again in another photo contests, when my creativity wakes up :dopey:

PS: my top3 from this round:

3. Haitauer
2. Nanabu

1. Crs_D :bowdown: what a shot! Wonderful

Wow, I can't believe I made it past round 1! Thank you everyone who voted for my entry, and congrats to those who got through :cheers: And of course, thanks Nathan for your effort!

@GTracer98, that was a great match! I'm sure you would have beaten me by many, many more votes if this were 2.0 ... you're one of the best photographers here! So prevailing against your awesome entry is truly an honor :bowdown: :D

I would love to be able to post a short critique of all the entries - like some would do back in the early GT5 Tourneys - but I'm not sure I'll find the time (or are especially qualified to do so).
If I can I will and would encourage anyone else to if they so desire - 32 images is a lot to critique though! :crazy:
It can be especially helpful to the newer photomode members and those that just missed out to get some feedback about their entries. :)

Part One of my critique for Round One of the tournament.

I've managed to cover the first 8 matches so far – I'll post Part Two with the remaining 8 matches when I am able to finish it.

Photography like any art is a subjective medium and the way an image is perceived and impacts on a person is different for everyone as personal preferences, memories and emotions all come into play. The following is just my personal perception and is neither right nor wrong and you can feel free to agree or disagree me.
I am not very good at putting my thoughts into words so I hope I at least make some sense and there's something helpful amongst it all for you.

Match 01 – Silhouette

RobbiefromBC – disqualified - I won't even bother.

Stopforpetrol – I really like this image and it received my vote. The car is well positioned against the light source and on a great angle to give us a nice silhouette and there's just enough play of light over the body to accentuate some of the details in the cars form. I do like the way the tree frames the car though it does possibly detract a little from the silhouette.

On my desktop computer and the ones at work the silhouette effect is very good with the foreground dark and a good contrast with the background lighting but on my laptop the whole image is too bright and the silhouette effect is lost so how you perceive the image to fit the theme may be determined by the screen you view it on. Well done Werner – a deserved winner.

Match 02 – Keeping it Real

Farushi – There are a few exceptional car choices in GT6 when it comes to capturing a realistic photo and the You Tube Nismo GTR is certainly one of them. It is a car that photographs especially well so was a great choice for your entry and by keeping everything else simple it allows it to shine all the more. The lack of any extreme camera angles and the background without any obvious game cues all aids the shots credibility as a potential real photo. A very solid effort which got my vote.

Mires – I loved the fact you took a different approach and went for a retro look and in that regard I thought it performed really well. The location and car choice were both great with the exposure and filter used producing a very convincing old photo. It was a close call for me between yours and Farushi's but in the end the GTR just won out.

Match 03 – Banking the Curve

Yui-san – There's a lot to like about this image though overall I found it a little dark – that said the partial colour filter worked beautifully. The angles here is what made the photo great to me with the extreme angle emphasizing the banked curve well and I really liked interplay of the lines formed by the fence and that of the road. The fence line slicing across the image to the top right and the conflicting line of the road from the bottom left racing to the top right and then curving off to follow the fence back in the other direction seemed to bring a nice sort of balance to the photo. A dynamic shot that got my vote.

GTracer98 – A good photo, for me it just lacked that something special to take it to the next level. The angle is good with a similar line created by the fence and the contrast of light and shadow on the car is very nice too but overall the image feels a little flat. I think it's both the toning and a lack of a sense of motion that causes that for me. As I say a good photo just didn't grab my attention like Yui-san's did.

Match 04 – GT2 Nostalgia

133tom – I thought the use of monochrome helped give a nice feeling of nostalgia and the car choice was great too – definitely a car I would associate with GT2. Here again I find the elevation and angle of the shot along with the lines of the road and markings work together well to make the photo interesting and balanced. This one got my vote.

Philipp Nunes – Another great car choice for the theme as is the track. 👍 And in complete contrast to 133tom's is wonderfully vivid and saturated which also can be considered to be quite nostalgic. Though also in contrast here I find the angle used to feel somewhat awkward no doubt in part because the very front edge of the car is cut off at the bottom edge of the image. Also the use of the miniature filter here, though it produces the vivid colours mentioned earlier, also doesn't work well with the extreme angle. These things are all easy to fix though and you had the base of a great photo. With just a less extreme angle and better positioning of the car within the frame of the image a great improvement could be had.

Match 05 – Interior Design

GT_Racer22 – This was a tough match and a difficult decision for me. I like that we're looking in through the window past the safety mesh at the no frills down to business dials and buttons on a racing steering wheel. The buttons are quite nicely framed in the center mesh too, however overall I find the mesh kind of breaks up the image and makes it a little too busy. The idea of the image appealed enough to me though that I just gave it my vote ahead of NBDESIGNZ's.

NBDESIGNZ – A great image – difficult for me to critique this one actually – there's nothing technically wrong with it but it didn't quite do anything for me either and I can't quite figure why. Maybe it's just all a little too soft with a very narrow point of focus – I think this is what makes the image great and at the same time turns me off a little. :confused: Anyway as I say it's art and art is totally subjective and everyone sees it differently and enough saw it different to me. ;) 👍

Match 06 – Bottom Dollar

GBO Possum – I liked that you chose karting, a cheap (in motorsport terms) form of racing, the actual image I struggled with a little though. Whilst I like the idea of the low camera, positioned as though also racing wheel to wheel with the foreground kart, I just found the whole image too busy with nothing in particular to draw my eye to anything. It all feels a little lopsided too with most of the features on the right hand side and nothing much of interest to the left. Not a bad image but it needed to be more balanced for me.

GTP_Dutchy – Another good car choice for the theme – sums up bottom dollar well and was more in line with what I would have envisioned myself. Just a couple of small issues with this one – firstly the overexposed sun and banding issues detracted from the image. Secondly and something often overlooked is the tree line behind the car. If you take the roof line of the car and project it forward you will notice that the top of the trees follow exactly that line, this effectively makes the car and the background trees one combined block which means the car loses some of it's impact within the image. Just a simple change of camera angle or elevation can separate those lines and provide better definition for both the car and the tree line. Small things that can make a big difference. :)

Match 07 – Hot for You

Andy Voong – A very simple photo and a great example of less is more. I really like the positioning of the car in the photo and there's a nice sense of motion too. At first glance of the preview size I felt maybe there was a bit of over exposure on the car but when viewed full size it was not the case. I'm not a big fan of the warm filter but I am a fan of this photo and I gave it my vote. :)

Chameleon9000 – Another very good image – I'm liking the sense of motion again and the reflections on the car are very nice too. The only things I can be picky about come down to my personal tastes and they are I don't like the fisheye distortion of the car so much and I find the overhead banner in the middle of the photo a little bit distracting. Neither of those things ruin the image for me but see it fall just behind Andy's.

Match 08 – RUF 'n Ready

Beeblebrox237 – This one encapsulated the action part of the theme perfectly. 👍 It was interesting that you both went with the monochrome filter and you both used it to great effect. I love the composition here, the camera angle is great and all the lines within the image all have purpose and balance. There is fisheye distortion in this image too but the lower elevation of the camera means the car isn't as affected as was the case with Chameleon's shot.

Fyshokid – This shot carries with it a great sense of raw gritty drama and in that sense is an absolutely brilliant shot. The use of monochrome only enhances this with the bright white glare from the headlights, and the camera elevation and angle combined with the car only being half in the frame adds a sense of urgency to the shot. This was an incredibly difficult match to decide the vote on, in the end for me it was the GT6 photomode fail that is the background view through windows that tipped me in favour of Beeblebrox. Much like the mysterious disappearance of smoke and dust through the windows, Fyshokid's image has a mysterious disappearance of the headlight glare. The sudden lack of light there bothers me and although it's totally not Fysho's fault it was just enough to tip the scale.

Thanks for reading. :)

Last edited:
Thank you Nathan, it is much appreciated! Will use that for next time! :cheers:

... in the end for me it was the GT6 photomode fail that is the background view through windows that tipped me in favour of Beeblebrox. Much like the mysterious disappearance of smoke and dust through the windows, Fyshokid's image has a mysterious disappearance of the headlight glare. The sudden lack of light there bothers me and although it's totally not Fysho's fault it was just enough to tip the scale.

Oh wow. I somehow hadn't even noticed that myself, and now I can't unsee it :boggled: Thanks a bunch for the feedback though! It was nice seeing all (well, half) of the photos from a different point of view :D

Wow, I can't believe I made it past round 1! Thank you everyone who voted for my entry, and congrats to those who got through :cheers: And of course, thanks Nathan for your effort!

@GTracer98, that was a great match! I'm sure you would have beaten me by many, many more votes if this were 2.0 ... you're one of the best photographers here! So prevailing against your awesome entry is truly an honor :bowdown: :D

Thank you, mate! :embarrassed: Your entry was really quite amazing, I don't feel bad at all actually, losing to you, I know I lost to a properly good photo done by a properly good photographer. :bowdown:

Thanks a lot for the feedback, @Nato_777, I didn't really notice these problems but now that an expert eye has pointed them out, I started to see them too. Incredibly helpful! :)👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back