CLOSED: POLL: Secret Santa Competition: Week 018 - Tie Breaker - WINNER: Nato_777

• Thread starter Nato_777
  • 18 comments

Theme: Shaken not Stirred! - Tie Breaker

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nato_777

Moderately Super
Premium
New Zealand
Kaikoura, NZ
Nato777
View attachment 138301
This weeks theme as brought to you by Stopforpetrol:

Time for some "Aston Martin's" to shine - This time take any Aston Martin that you think James Bond would not mind using, and take some Images! Anything goes - posed, fast-action doesn't matter!

CARS: Any Aston Martin.
LOCATIONS: Any Track.
PHOTOTRAVEL: Not this time.
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: As above.

View attachment 138304
Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, ask me via a Conversation.
This Thread will answer many possible questions you may have.

• Please review the Poll Options section below before casting your vote.
  • Do not vote on your entry.
  • Do not try to sway the poll.
  • Do not reveal or hint at the identity of any entries
  • In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll is created.
  • In the event of a second tie, Judge's vote is the deciding factor.
  • Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting.
  • If you didn't make the poll you are encouraged to post your entry in this thread so everyone gets to see all the entries.
  • If you have any queries regarding an entry in the poll PM the host rather than posting in this thread.
Failure to follow these rules will result in ignored entries and/or disqualification!

View attachment 138503

Poll Entry #01

Poll Entry #02

View attachment 138337

Poll is closed and the winner is...

Nato_777

Congratulations to me! :dopey:

Many thanks for the votes and especially to mazda787 for making it such a great and tense couple of polls. :cheers:

This weeks poll entrants were:

• Ronin387
  • GT_Racer22
  • CCShaft7
  • Soyuz 77
  • PHO3NIX_F1RE
  • mazda787
  • NBDESIGNZ
  • smskeeter23
  • Amac500
  • Nato_777

Congrats @Nato_777 👍

On a side note I'd love some feedback from you all about why mine didn't poll higher. I really thought I had a good chance with it :guilty:. What did I miss?

Nathan you are a Santa Claude Monet, an ominous artist! :lol: "masterful" image 👍 :cheers:

Super entries from 787, NB & G73 too! :eek: :cheers:

On a side note I'd love some feedback. What did I miss?
imho nada, great lighting, nice composition and perspective, don't change your style, own it! ;)

Congrats @Nato_777 👍

On a side note I'd love some feedback from you all about why mine didn't poll higher. I really thought I had a good chance with it :guilty:. What did I miss?

Nothing! Great shot! A very worthy poll contender. Back in the old days, if I made the poll, I felt I had won already!!:dopey:

Its the unknown variable of the polls. You can't tell what's gonna happen until the polls are up & the voting starts.
Then the pics with the magic 'something' jump out.

Nothing! Great shot! A very worthy poll contender. Back in the old days, if I made the poll, I felt I had won already!!:dopey:

Its the unknown variable of the polls. You can't tell what's gonna happen until the polls are up & the voting starts.
Then the pics with the magic 'something' jump out.

After three years of GT Photomode competitions, I not yet have any idea how the polls work. It remains a miracle for me. No method to succeed besides an entry of excellent quality.

Last edited:
Congrats @Nato_777 👍

After three years of GT Photomode competitions, I not yet have any idea how the polls work. It remains a miracle for me. No method to succeed besides an entry of excellent quality.
It seems to me, in my about 4 months of competition and I've only won once in one of my first 10 comps so I'm starting to wonder if I even know what I'm doing, lol :lol: But it seems to me that you could have a very good image and everybody could give positive reviews, but if it isn't one of the top 1 or 2 contenders, maybe 3, it just doesn't get votes because people can only vote for one. Doesn't make yours bad, just seems there are always 1-3 images in these competitions that just knock it out of the park and if your not one of those you kind of get random votes I think. I often find myself seeing who's the best of the rest. Since most of us don't hit the homerun every week (unless your 🤬 @Stopforpetrol apparently :lol:), I think seeing how you stack up in terms of the group below is a good way to judge. This has led me to some confusion about my own work because I don't seem to do as well in polls as I did when I started and am on an epic win draught, but yeah, very good image SMS, just wasn't one of the home runs this week. However I probably put my own ability into too much question to give credible feedback, lol :cheers:

EDIT: Most of my confusion is because the pics I throw together in like 2 minutes do way better than the ones I take seriously and spend a long time working on.

It seems to me, in my about 4 months of competition and I've only won once in one of my first 10 comps so I'm starting to wonder if I even know what I'm doing, lol :lol: But it seems to me that you could have a very good image and everybody could give positive reviews, but if it isn't one of the top 1 or 2 contenders, maybe 3, it just doesn't get votes because people can only vote for one. Doesn't make yours bad, just seems there are always 1-3 images in these competitions that just knock it out of the park and if your not one of those you kind of get random votes I think. I often find myself seeing who's the best of the rest. Since most of us don't hit the homerun every week (unless your 🤬 @Stopforpetrol apparently :lol:), I think seeing how you stack up in terms of the group below is a good way to judge. This has led me to some confusion about my own work because I don't seem to do as well in polls as I did when I started and am on an epic win draught, but yeah, very good image SMS, just wasn't one of the home runs this week. However I probably put my own ability into too much question to give credible feedback, lol :cheers:

EDIT: Most of my confusion is because the pics I throw together in like 2 minutes do way better than the ones I take seriously and spend a long time working on.

Hi
🤬 sfp here and what a bunch of whining do I see? :mischievous:

Just a few comments and things I have noticed -
1-When you take those images be your own critic, try and spot what looks crap and try and eliminate it
2-Get an idea in your mind of what you want to capture before you start with the replay
3-Try and capture something that is not so often seen
4-Use of premium cars, paints & quality tracks help
5-Work on your composition skills (I't does play an important role helping the viewer see what you meant them to see!)
6-Play around with the camera settings - taking the same shot with a different f-stop or higher/lower ISO.
7-Noticed, color images are doing better than the mono and filtered ones
8-Take notice of the light and shadows in your image.
9-Reading the entry requirements more than once!
10-The more you practice the luckier you get!
11-Just to let you guy's know I'm human and in some of the latest comps I have only received one or two votes - You guys are definitely improving and I love the competition!!

@Amac500 & @smskeeter23 - I believe each of these 10 entries was awesome!
Now notice the difference in composition, background, angle, tones, blur etc. Maybe try something you have not and be amazed!!

Ps. make sure that your TV screen or pc screen shows you the best colors etc. -over the Easter weekend my Dad adjusted my TV settings, brightness and dont know what - so now I notice that my images appear darker!:irked: :odd:

Good luck!! :cheers:

Hi

1-When you take those images be your own critic, try and spot what looks crap and try and eliminate it
2-Get an idea in your mind of what you want to capture before you start with the replay
5-Work on your composition skills (I't does play an important role helping the viewer see what you meant them to see!)
6-Play around with the camera settings - taking the same shot with a different f-stop or higher/lower ISO.
11-Just to let you guy's know I'm human and in some of the latest comps I have only received one or two votes - You guys are definitely improving and I love the competition!!

Now notice the difference in composition, background, angle, tones, blur etc. Maybe try something you have not and be amazed!!

Ps. make sure that your TV screen or pc screen shows you the best colors etc. -over the Easter weekend my Dad adjusted my TV settings, brightness and dont know what - so now I notice that my images appear darker!:irked: :odd:

Hi

------

This discussion is getting interesting. Don't we have a special thread for this?

It is a phenomenon of the polls that some very good entries sometimes don't appear to poll well. It is the single vote that mostly causes that. If there are 3 entries that you consider worthy of your vote you still can only choose one and sometimes it's just that a great entry ends up being the majorities "second choice" so misses out on the votes.
It would be very interesting if we could each nominate our top 3 entries - giving 3 points to our #1 choice, 2 to our 2nd and 1 to our 3rd. I think the same entry would probably still win but the results then would be much more representative of the overall quality of the entries and give us a better idea of our performance.
Would be cool to try it sometime in conjunction with the regular poll, just have everyone state their top 3 entries in the thread when they place their vote and then do the math.

It is a phenomenon of the polls that some very good entries sometimes don't appear to poll well. It is the single vote that mostly causes that. If there are 3 entries that you consider worthy of your vote you still can only choose one and sometimes it's just that a great entry ends up being the majorities "second choice" so misses out on the votes.
It would be very interesting if we could each nominate our top 3 entries - giving 3 points to our #1 choice, 2 to our 2nd and 1 to our 3rd. I think the same entry would probably still win but the results then would be much more representative of the overall quality of the entries and give us a better idea of our performance.
Would be cool to try it sometime in conjunction with the regular poll, just have everyone state their top 3 entries in the thread when they place their vote and then do the math.
Spot on!! Got my vote to try this as I believe some competitions need it - so tight ! Example (SSC wk18 and CCCL wk17 had insanely good entries!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back