CLOSED: POLL: Secret Santa Competition: Week 37 - Winner - bmxmitch

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nato_777
  • 60 comments
  • 4,621 views

Photo Travel Fever

  • [URL="http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j470/Nato_77/SSC/SSCW37_9.jpg"][IMG]http://i1087.photobuck

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    93
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, we don't know who made them so far. So a judgement now wouldn't be fair in any way. Also, the "photomode god" himself, gtuned, didn't made it......so.
:O Making me blush damnit :lol: Or atleast I think it's a compliment, I can't tell, it's too early. :dopey:
 

1st photo: It's okay. I actually like it.
2nd photo: The "runway" light strips don't really have enough visual weight to move your eye effect across the photo like it was probably planned to do.
3rd photo: Tilt in a photo that would be better completely symmetrical. Also, the cool filter looks strange.
4th photo: Good photo, but, a bit bland.
5th photo: Interesting, but, it just is missing something, not sure what. Maybe if it was zoomed in a bit more so that the reflection was more of the total composition.
6th photo: Not even appealing. It just doesn't seem like a good photo. It was probably meant to be interesting, but the tilt ruins it. It also probably could've been a bit lower exposure.
7th photo: Actually pretty good. It is an interesting composition, but, I don't understand the relationship between the chairs and the car. The way the car is positioned according to the chair implies that there is possibly a relationship between the two, but, it is pretty much lacking anything to tell that relationship.
8th photo: It is interesting, but, it just doesn't feel like their is a good sense of unity in the photo.
9th photo: Okay, but, it seems like there is "camera flash" in it, which makes the visual weight of the car very heavy, and with the low DoF, it makes the car seem really heavy, which is fairly unappealing for me.
10th photo: DoF is too short. If the speedometer wasn't blurred, it would probably be a bit more interesting. It also seems a tiny bit over-exposed.
11th photo: Great repetition of line, but, I think the DoF messes it up. Look at the top and bottom and you'll see the lines begin to fall out of focus.

I just don't find any really interesting, I'm not saying there isn't any good photos, just no really interesting ones.
 
Photo Travel is much more than just cars.
 
Feedback??

6831462487_6fd7a4bf45_z.jpg
 
The only picture I would've replaced so far is the first one with SVX's shot.

Awwwwwww, that means a lot to me Mitch! :cheers:
 
1st photo: It's okay. I actually like it...
bla bla bla
... just no really interesting ones.

A lot of self confidence i see... Very strange for someone who send a photo with crooked horizon line and with the worst filter that you can use in phototravel. Not to mention the car. Really, it wasn't about taking picture of the most popular car in your country. So stop whining and try to do your best in next competition.
Every photo in the poll fit's theme perfectly or just good. I don't see any reason to complain about the judge's decision.
 
First of all, let me start with saying that with this being an open theme, personal taste becomes a major factor when choosing a poll. But, I was really dissapointed with many of the entries that where sent to me. Although, some of them that didn't make the poll where great pics like that of GTuned, SVX and Ghostrider and actually they where the last shots to not make the poll. But, in my opinion I chose the best from what came to me. I think if you brought anybody to choose this poll, you would see that only one shot or at the most two would be different from what I chose and that is beacuse people have different tastes and that is normal.
Awww... I thought I had a chance :/

Great shot GTuned. The lighting was good but the composition was a bit bland in my opinion. I know it's hard to get a decent shot in that location and you actually did a great job. But, in the end it came down to taste.


Any feedback? This is an amazing poll, by the way.

Hey Beeblebrox237, you really improved in these couple of weeks I have to say. But, this shot is not your best. The angle was "boring" in my opinion. The overexposed lights on the ground really damaged the photo. By changing the angle, maybe by going down and lowering the aperture and also lowering the exposure a bit. You can do better mate :)

Also thought I might have had a chance.


As I stated above, it's one of the last to not make the cut. I feel you're frustration. With two of your pics being on the edge of making the poll. It's an unpleasant feeling. I thought the angle of your shot is good and the whole compostion is great. The colour of the car was a bit distracting however. Also, the tires are turned in the wrong way. Other than that, it's a great pic.

SVX
Feedback please? I quite liked mine.




​


Loved the idea behind this shot SVX. Very unique. But, i thought something was missing. Maybe with another angle, a more interesting angle actually. Also, it seems overexposed. If the exposure was lowered, it could've been in the poll.


Bi-Polar Camaro SS by Musical_Artist, on Flickr
I don't care for pretty much any of the photos in the poll. They are all fairly uninteresting to me.

I knew the idea behind this shot, but whenever I see your shot I felt that you where forced to get the car and the reflection all in the shot. Well, for me, it wasn't greatly executed. It was also a risk to use that filter. And as you can see, it wasn't a successful risk. I was really suprised with your entry given your past entries in the comps. I thought you could do better.

I thought my entry was good. Then I looked at this. Now I think my entry was crap. Oh well, here it is anyways:

Nevermind, Photobucket doesn't work on the ps3 anymore.

Well, your photo didn't have anything that made go "oh wow what a pic." There are many reasons for that. I think a filter could've improved the shot here. Try using a unique angle, although this location doesn't give you the liberty to do so, but there are some better positions in that same location. Lowering the shutter speed would've given it an action feeling while focusing on the car only.

Feedback? I really thought I would've made into the poll.


GT-R Church by NT1138, on Flickr

But a picture of stones made it???


As Mitch said, the angle was "boring" and very repeatitive. Don't be afraid to try out some unique and risky angles. You will be amazed with the results. Try using one of the filters the game provides. It could greatly improve the shot.
@nt1138 If a picture of stones was captured in a magnifient way which came out as realistic without using any post editing, it deserves the poll.

The words I wrote is for both of you guys because you two had almost the exact same picture.

My vote went to the Orange Aventador! :drool:

BTW, where's my entry, Boab?

EDIT: Here was my entry.

I thought by changing the colour of the car, so that it's different from the background, makes the car pop out more. The aperture was lowered a bit too much and made the car look unfocused and without detail. also, car choice didn't help here as the Z4 is not the best looking car. Although car choice doesn't matter, but here the Z4 didn't came out so well.


Feedback?

The composition was not so good. The angle was awkward. I didn't know which was the main subject, the car or the plane. You have identify the main subject by making it the center of attention.

Feedback??

6831462487_6fd7a4bf45_z.jpg

I liked the angle and the composition. But, what makes you different from Fishy's winner in the PMC comp is that he used a Filter with slight overexposure which made it more interesting. By closing in on the car with a wide angle, it would be more dynamic, and more importantly, more interesting.
 
As Mitch said, the angle was "boring" and very repeatitive. Don't be afraid to try out some unique and risky angles. You will be amazed with the results. Try using one of the filters the game provides. It could greatly improve the shot.
@nt1138 If a picture of stones was captured in a magnifient way which came out as realistic without using any post editing, it deserves the poll.

Cheers fella, I was only messing about with the stones. Like you say your poll, your choice. Who am I to judge, I haven't got a clue with this photo business. Thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated 👍

I still think it needed more Pigeon :grumpy:
 
Cheers fella, I was only messing about with the stones. Like you say your poll, your choice. Thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated 👍

I had a hard week, so I took everything literaly :P
 
I had a hard week, so I took everything literaly :P

Sorry about that, put if there is a NT1138 at the top of any message, I wouldn't take much of it seriously. Keep up the good work 👍
 
nt1138
Sorry about that, put if there is a NT1138 at the top of any message, I wouldn't take much of it seriously. Keep up the good work 👍

Lol :p
I'll try to remember that :)
 
First of all, let me start with saying that with this being an open theme, personal taste becomes a major factor when choosing a poll. But, I was really dissapointed with many of the entries that where sent to me. Although, some of them that didn't make the poll where great pics like that of GTuned, SVX and Ghostrider and actually they where the last shots to not make the poll. But, in my opinion I chose the best from what came to me. I think if you brought anybody to choose this poll, you would see that only one shot or at the most two would be different from what I chose and that is beacuse people have different tastes and that is normal.

👍

Loved the idea behind this shot SVX. Very unique. But, i thought something was missing. Maybe with another angle, a more interesting angle actually. Also, it seems overexposed. If the exposure was lowered, it could've been in the poll.


Thanks a lot mate. :cheers:

Everything has been noted, and I'll try implement it for next time. :)
 
These secret comps always deliver such varied entries (especially with open themes) as would naturally be expected, I like that. Not seeing other entries posted prior to a submission invites unique perspective from every participant. This poll reflects my statements and deserves commendation. 👍
Santa judge has a tough task and has delivered, criticisms undeserved :)

nice job Boabdul

aside from all the hubub...

it's always a difficult choice to include avatars or poorly rendered polyphony images in photomode photography, they add context but compromise reality.
that was my dilema with this shot, i really struggled with entry or not, it certainly doesn't fit the poll but comment would be welcome.

this was my entry

Thumbs Up by U times 2, on Flickr​
 
As I stated above, it's one of the last to not make the cut. I feel you're frustration. With two of your pics being on the edge of making the poll. It's an unpleasant feeling. I thought the angle of your shot is good and the whole compostion is great. The colour of the car was a bit distracting however. Also, the tires are turned in the wrong way. Other than that, it's a great pic.

And there was me thinking a technicolour car worked well, I can only imagine how much a tit Joseph felt in his dreamcoat now :sly:, I am never sure which way the wheels should face or what works best in respects to that, Any pointers for future reference ?.
 
Thanks Boabdulrahman. ;)
 
These secret comps always deliver such varied entries (especially with open themes) as would naturally be expected, I like that. Not seeing other entries posted prior to a submission invites unique perspective from every participant. This poll reflects my statements and deserves commendation. 👍
Santa judge has a tough task and has delivered, criticisms undeserved :)

nice job Boabdul

aside from all the hubub...

it's always a difficult choice to include avatars or poorly rendered polyphony images in photomode photography, they add context but compromise reality.
that was my dilema with this shot, i really struggled with entry or not, it certainly doesn't fit the poll but comment would be welcome.

this was my entry

Thumbs Up by U times 2, on Flickr​

Driver: Hey! You!
The man in the white suit: Huh? Me?

Anyway, good positioning, youtimestwo. :)👍
 
przemekszulim
A lot of self confidence i see... Very strange for someone who send a photo with crooked horizon line and with the worst filter that you can use in phototravel. Not to mention the car. Really, it wasn't about taking picture of the most popular car in your country. So stop whining and try to do your best in next competition.
Every photo in the poll fit's theme perfectly or just good. I don't see any reason to complain about the judge's decision.

And yet, are you an actual artist?
I am an actual artist, I am studying for an art degree and I have already been given jobs to make artwork.
I do know how to critique art.
Also, a crooked horizon line is actually far from a problem, it just means that the photo is angled, which is not actually a wrong thing to do, it adds more motion to the composition.
You might say it is the worst photo filter, and it might be, but, if no one uses it, how would they ever learn how to use it properly. At least I had the confidence to give it a shot.
Oh, and I don't like the Camaro, I am a Ford guy, specifically a Mustang guy, I greatly dislike the Camaro. I used it because it was there in my garage.
Oh, and I didn't ever whine about not making it, I just said that I didn't find most of the photos in the poll interesting. Some of the shots, if taken just a slight bit differently, would interest me. I am not gonna complain about the judges decision either, because everyone has a different opinion, but, when wrote the short statements about each photo, I tried to keep the critique as academically as I could, which means it is the basic concepts of elements and principles of art with photography.

I'm sorry if I offended you somehow.
 
Boabdulrahman
I knew the idea behind this shot, but whenever I see your shot I felt that you where forced to get the car and the reflection all in the shot. Well, for me, it wasn't greatly executed. It was also a risk to use that filter. And as you can see, it wasn't a successful risk. I was really suprised with your entry given your past entries in the comps. I thought you could do better.

Okay. It was a shot taken just to enter something into the competition. I also couldn't think of any cars that would work for a new "light play" shot.
I am working to try to find a use for the filter, because once I learn how to use it well, it might actually be pretty good.
 
Hey Beeblebrox237, you really improved in these couple of weeks I have to say. But, this shot is not your best. The angle was "boring" in my opinion. The overexposed lights on the ground really damaged the photo. By changing the angle, maybe by going down and lowering the aperture and also lowering the exposure a bit. You can do better mate :)
.

Thanks very much! I liked this shot for the reflections, but that was probably its only notable characteristic. I haven't done much phototravel, so I will work hard on getting interesting angles.
 
Poll is closed and the winner is...

bmxmitch

Congratulations!​

This weeks polls entries belonged to;-

  • ijkhk4
  • KHALID_89
  • Jason_B
  • ZEROX
  • CCShaft7
  • Fido_le_muet
  • KLD91
  • bmxmitch
  • mazda787
  • at1503
  • przemekszulim
 
Okay. It was a shot taken just to enter something into the competition. I also couldn't think of any cars that would work for a new "light play" shot.
I am working to try to find a use for the filter, because once I learn how to use it well, it might actually be pretty good.

I like that filter, it is just very tricky. I've only seen it done correctly one time and it made my open theme in SS. The trick is where the tires touch the ground. Yours like, everyone else's, including myself, still has that weird copy and paste look. I think we all go too bright with the filter. I've been experimenting with going darker around -.5 to -1 on most of my shots and it is helping.
 
And well done Mitch!
 
Congrats mitch! Well deserved 👍
 
Wait a minute! I knew the Maserati pic was already seen in the Interior Shots thread!

Congrats, Mitch! :cheers:
 
Congratulations bmxmitch!
And finally i've got a 3rd place by one vote, after head to head battle with KLD91 photo :)

Thanks for your votes: bmxmitch, CakeConjuror, CCShaft7, drvac, f1webberfan, GG71, gt-detective, GTTurtle, Nato_777, Pgani, rev91, Soloracer3 !
 
Your welcome przemekszulim :) I really liked your shot, very not GT5 and its the kind of photo I'd take for real when I'm on my travels.

Ooooooh not quite so no cigar for me :( lol, quite similar shots in topic ... many congratz to you mitch (again...hehe). Great shot 👍

Ninja edit: THANKS to all those who voted for my effort :)
 
Last edited:
Thanks everyone! :)

Now, I only need to think of a good theme. I have no idea right now...:indiff:
 
Congrats!
This fine piece of photography does not look like a typical bmxmitch -
but it's a great example of what can be done out of GT5 and a well-deserved win.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back