CLOSED POLL: The GT Sport Photo Mode Competition 08 (W: ZEROX)

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 35 comments

THEME: Japan at Le Mans

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
Gran-Turismo-Sport-Subaru-WRX-Gr3-AlexSinclair.jpg

GTS PMC 06 Winner: @AlexSinclair - (click for full-size)

This Week's Theme
This week's theme is "日本にレ・マン (ni-hon ni le・man)", or "Japan at Le Mans". It comes to us care of Week 06 winner @AlexSinclair. I'll let Alex explain:

"Japanese cars have somewhat of a curse at the historic track, but I want to see your best shots of them in all their glory."

CARS: Race cars from Japan
LIVERIES: Has to at least include numbers on the side of the car (You can easily apply these in Racing Items)
LOCATIONS: Only Le Mans
SCAPES: Yes, exclusively
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: If you are panning, you must position the car so that it is travelling in the direction of the racing circuit. If the car is still, you may position it whatever way you like. I understand that this is a difficult one, so if your car is positioned the wrong way around, I'll correct you before the deadline.

Competition Rules

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this poll. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.
  • The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here.
  • Do not vote for your own entry.
  • Do not try to sway the poll.
  • Please, view each image in its full size, before voting.
  • In the event of a tie, a 24H tiebreaker poll will be posted. All contestants in the tiebreaker are asked to vote; if one person doesn't, all other contestants votes won't count.
Poll Options

Poll Option #01

Poll Option #02

Poll Option #03

Poll Option #04

Poll Option #05

Poll Option #06

Poll Option #07

Poll Option #08

Poll Option #09

Poll Option #10

Poll Option #11

Poll Option #12

Poll Option #13

Poll Option #14

Poll Option #15

Poll Option #16

Poll Option #17

Poll Option #18

Poll Option #19

Poll Option #20

Poll Option #21

Poll Option #22

Poll Option #23

Poll Option #24

Poll Option #25

Poll Option #26

Poll Option #27

Poll Option #28

gts-photocomp-08-jpg.709307

Poll Option #29

Poll Option #30

Poll Option #31

Poll Option #32

Poll Option #33

Poll Option #34

Poll Option #35

Poll Option #36

Poll Option #37

Poll Option #38

Poll Option #39

Poll Option #40

Deadline

January 26, 2018

It really seems people like simple shots from the side the most!? :odd:
At least that's what the last winning shots (including mine) tell us... :dunce:

Last edited:
i am giving up on this Competition i take great photo get likes on them but there never in the final so i am done.....

Jeez... Relax.

Great group of photos, everyone. To choose only one pic was nearly impossible for me, but once again, I choose one that's not in the lead. :dopey: :odd: :dunce:

EDIT: punctuation errors

Last edited:
i am giving up on this Competition i take great photo get likes on them but there never in the final so i am done.....

@anthonyfa18 Don't sweat it too much... Never go into a comp expecting to win or get votes... you'll just get disappointed... you enter for the fun of it honestly... try not to take it too personally when a shot of yours isn't voted on or the like... keep plugging and you'll eventually get better with your techniques and get more votes... saying that, it would be great to see the shot you are referring to... It's a pretty friendly community around here and I'm sure you'll get some positive criticism from other forum members.

I used to feel the same way as you when I entered a few comps early on in GT6... it was so frustrating, I mean I'd post a pic that I thought was awesome and I'd get likes on it in Flickr etc... but no love when it came time for voting... sure it pissed me off, but I never got too hung up on the fact that everyone sees the world through different eyes...and I never gave up. I started trying different things (angles, filters, image set up or where I place the car, how far away to put the vehicle if I want to blur out the background etc..) and I started to notice what the winners where doing,,, I even tried copying some techniques to see if I could do something similar... eventually I found a style of my own...

You should check out the winners from the GT6 photomode forum for ideas etc... great place to start https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6-photomode-competitions-hall-of-fame.295748/

So don't hang your head in defeat quite yet!!!

Any images that don't follow the rules in the OP (either they exceed the size limits, or use post-game editing) are not included in the poll. That is why some peoples' shots are missing.

Any images that don't follow the rules in the OP (either they exceed the size limits, or use post-game editing) are not included in the poll. That is why some peoples' shots are missing.

How is one to tell if "post-game editing" was used?

How is one to tell if "post-game editing" was used?
I think it's designed to prevent people from doing a lot of post editing or cropping, in which case, the effect would be pretty obvious (otherwise there wouldn't have been much of a point in doing it).

here is my photo

That's a real great shot (imho). I was thinking about that location but switched to another because this one was seen at many entries.
Never give up please and remember this quote of
Henri Cartier-Bresson who once said that “Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst.”

:gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag:

Whatever? It's 100% your fault that you're not making into the polls. There are some basic rules to follow. It's not that complicated.

Upon quick review, all of anthonyfa18's GT Sport photo mode competition entries have been too big... it's pretty basic and an obvious reason to why your photos haven't been picked.

Get that fixed, and I'm sure you'll start seeing yourself in the polls!

Well, with that attitude you wont get anywhere in life.
You got some nice feedback here already, and all you have to say is whatever!?

And I thought Canadians are the most polite people on the planet. :rolleyes:

As with any nationality... there are exceptions to the "rule" :D

As for your response @anthonyfa18 ... really? I left a long winded message trying to help with motivation, but if it was a simple mistake of posting the wrong sized image... well that responsibility lies entirely on your shoulders... All PMC's have a clear set of rules... always have ... always will. It's up to you to figure out how to resize your image bud... if you need a hand with that just search the forum or ask outright and people will help... It's your attitude that grates though... a flippant "whatever" only shows how little you care... good luck in future comps if you ever get your pic the right size...:cheers:

After taking a closer look at all photos, I nailed it down to entries #13 and #38. It most definitely was not easy choosing only one shot... Great stuff, everyone! 👍

Sorry if I haven’t produced any good entries in the last month. Now will I get back into the zone for week 9. Well only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back