CLOSED POLL: The Photomode Competition 62 (W: Boabdulrahman)

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 41 comments

THEME: Spa

• [URL="http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j470/Nato_77/Comp/CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_49.jpg"][IMG]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [URL="http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2081/circuitdespafrancorchamrv.jpg"][IMG]http://img16.imagesh

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about the possibly harsh comment, However I am glad some people agree with it 👍

My reasoning behind it as nt1138 pointed out is that alot of them could be on any track not Spa.

My other reasoning is some of the shots just aren't of poll quality, Now before anybody says what do I know, Ill put it out there that I have made it to the polls numerous times before not won any but have been as close as a badgers nadger.

And last but not least the car count when other cars have been left out, I could be wrong here as I've not long woken up but lets see shall we.

Lamborghini Aventador 4
Ferrari Enzo 3
Aston Martin Vantage 3
Mclaren MP4 12-C 3
Ferrari 458 2
Mercedes SLS AMG 2

I smell something fishy going on here hmmmm.

I wonder what's the problem here.
Sure my photo is not the best, on half of the photos you'd not think of Spa either.
But in the end it's the decision of the person who decides which photos make it into the poll. And that's it.
When you get the chance to choose photos some day others may not be happy with it, too. But it was/is YOUR choice.

I just found out that some pics are better looking in the 500 pixels limit rule, while some looked worse :lol:

I don't usually post in the poll threads, but I have to mildly agree with the views on the poll this week - I don't know why, but it just doesn't seem that 'special' to me.

Ok, three or four shots are deserved of their place, but the others... I guess it's the judges choice, which I fully respect. God knows, it's a tough job selecting entries... 👍

FWIW - my entry below...

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_10 by Miklad, on Flickr

No comment needed... I guess it just didn't fit the Judge's taste this time. No hard feelings. :)

Judging is getting harder all the time due to the increasing amount of members requesting criticism.
As a judge, I think you might love every single entrant going along with your judgement…

I only ask for criticism when I think I've done an extra good job on an entry..
By the looks of things, at1503 is probably ignoring the pleads for criticism.. As of this point, I just want to know what at1503's judging criteria is. As others mentioned already, some of the entries that made it into the poll this week were surprising.

my personal opinion also is that there are too many pictures in the poll... took me ages to scroll through them all and by the time i got to the bottom there was no astounding picture that made me wanna scroll ALL the way back up to vote for it. Ended up voting for the blue AMV12, personally my favourite shot, but not my favourite from all the ones that were entered in the comp...

I agree with the comments about not being able to tell it's spa, but then this isnt CCCL, so the theme stating it has to be spa doesnt really mean you have to be able to see spa or tell it's spa... if this were CCCL then i'd be up in arms about it, but it's not...

I'm not trying to be offensive, but for me, but the first and final Enzo pictures are not very exciting. The first suffers from severe blandness. A perfectly good picture of a Ferrari Enzo, but it is slightly lacking, To me, in visual DRAMA that is what the car is all about.

The reason we see so many of the same makes each week isn't so much the community's fault as it is PD's: we only have so many premiums to shoot, and in PMC where editing isn't possible, Standards are at a disadvantage. There will always be exceptions of course, but there's no denying your choices are more limited when using a Standard.

I can tell you that poll selection is rarely an easy job, especially when it's your first time, and when, recently, we've had higher turnouts in the threads. The poll selections are "right" however - they are the judge's choice, no one else.

As for critiques, do remember it's in no way required for the judge to provide them. It's a friendly gesture the community has grown into doing, but AT may be very busy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back