CLOSED: POLL: The Photomode Competition: Week 38 (WINNER: ijkhk4)

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 60 comments

THEME: Glowing Discs

• [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/scirocc_o/6049563239/][img]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6067/604

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [URL="http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd420/ashes-619/Gran%20Turismo%205/Mazda/Full%20sized%20pi

• [URL="http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa370/DanieltuS/Gran%20Turismo%205/ToscanaTarmac7.jpg"][IM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
pmcheaderwk38.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, provided by 725:

"Ever since GT3 I've loved the attention to detail that PD put into car mechanics. Although
it was quite easy to get the brake discs glowing back then, it's not so easy now. Take the best
pictures you can of some glowing brake discs on any track with any eligible car. This doesn't
mean the your picture needs to have just the wheel (unless you can do it well) or a still shot
using a high shutter speed , be creative I'll be looking for well composed pics with plenty of detail.

Have fun hard braking!"

CARS: Any
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: No
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above

gtppmcrulesc02.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.
  • Do not vote for your own entry.
    [*]Do not try to sway the poll.
    [*]In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll is created.
    [*]In the event of a second tie, Judge's vote is the deciding factor.
    [*]Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting.
    [*]Poll consists of the Judge's favourite 25 images. For H2H weeks, 12 per poll.
gtppmcdeadline02.jpg

Got no idea which one to vote.
Congrats to all you finalists.
I's so sorry that 24 of you won't win ...

hopefully everyone clicks on them and watches the full-size versions too. Because there are some truly outstanding pictures in here:drool:👍

alot of nice images in here, i voted for the 'tron' looking one, my new wallpaper i might add :)

Vintage Green - So, which images have been used before? I'm confused.

It took me 15 weeks to win a comp and I only made about 1 poll in 5 when I first started up. There is a lot to learn from the experienced guys like Moglet, Ashes, SVX, CCShaft and so many others about photography and getting the most from GT5s photomode. Your shot is absolutely one of the more creative ones, however the execution could use a little work. Specifically the flames look like they are coming out of the front wheel - a very common glitch in GT5 that has to be worked around. Also your cars paint looks like it is made from glow in the dark material - cool idea but it has no reflections and looks a little flat. Your off to a great start - keep trying, you'll find this is a very accepting and helpful environment.

Yeah, it's similar in concept but that could be said of many of the photos here. It's really hard to take something completely new and fresh because there are just so many photos out there especially considering the limitations of this comp. Shots have to be some kind of profile and the darker the image the better the disc glow. There was bound to be an entry that looked similar simply through natural process.

Nice poll:tup:, but funny that in many of these pictures breaking doesn't seem to make sense:sly:

There have been made tens of thousands of pictures in GT5, so it's no coincidence you sometimes look at pictures, which look-a-like.

Exacly why people should have to work harder, to produce fresh material. Not just a car from the side darkened a whole 5min spent there.
I bet you can't find one that looks like mine sooo,... enough said

Last edited:

Even if the judge liked your picture it would never have made the poll as you did not follow the rules. It's too big (only 500px on the longest side allowed). That being said it's not fair to say that other people's work is not good and uninspired.

Even if the judge liked your picture it would never have made the poll as you did not follow the rules. It's too big (only 500px on the longest side allowed). That being said it's not fair to say that other people's work is not good and uninspired.

and What is PX?
my pics 640X480 wide.
so 480 width is... what not 500px? and I know this how?
What resolution is PX?

Last edited:
Happy to see that I made the poll. :D
After a few votes, I'm really happy to see that my shot is in a shared lead for now. Won't last long probably. :P

What resolution is 500 pixels argh
500x500 ?

WOW thanks for telling me my pic was too big thanks alot.

i said it's my first time and no help.
Atleast now I know, darn it's like Nazi Germany all these rules it's WIERD.

I can't believe I spend 4 hours trying to get my pic for NOOO reason.
i'm 140 pixels in one direction too big OMG wow. I'm So disapointed.

Last edited:
How do you mean. You need to have ?x500 or 500x? pic for it to be eligible. This 500px preview could link to a bigger full size. You picture to me, the one you posted earlier in the thread is lacking movement in my opinion. It had a somewhat inappropriate use of the partial colour filter. Just my opinion.

'We' [Members responding to your posts in this thread] are not in any way trying to behave in a bad manner towards you, but you were kinda rude saying that some shots are un-inspired and copied. There are just a certain number of ways to make something look in a certain style. And PMC further limits what you can do. I think most people taking shots on here have been inspired by another photo from time to time.

Atleast now I know GOD it's like Nazi Germany all these rules it's WIERD.

this made me laugh , am i now a bad person ?

guys calm down , Vintage Green next time you know ow to post it correctly . i guess no one made it into the poll with this very first entry .

oh and read the first post on every thread .

What resolution is 500 pixels argh
500x500 ?

WOW thanks for telling me my pic was too big thanks alot.

i said it's my first time and no help.
Atleast now I know, darn it's like Nazi Germany all these rules it's WIERD.

I can't believe I spend 4 hours trying to get my pic for NOOO reason.

i'm 140 pixels in one direction too big OMG wow. I'm So disapointed.

Maybe you shouldn't participate at all in future. It would save us comments like these:sly:

In all honesty VG disregarding the size issue your image is creative but the approach is all wrong.
The "In yer face" style you've gone for has resulted in your image looking 'cartoony' with all the stuff going on (fireworks and flames etc) and distracted from theme somewhat.
Its not a criticism its just a hint to help point you in the right direction for any future comps. It took me several weeks before I had a sniff of reaching a poll.

Although I'm chuffed to make it myself I feel this poll is a tad big... I think 20 max would have sufficed but given the amount of entries I guess it was difficult to leave so many out. 👍 to eveyone who made it... I can't decide where to vote yet :dunce:

Maybe you shouldn't participate at all in future. It would save us comments like these:sly:

or comments like yours,.. you internet people are wierd.
I'm so sorry I don't do this everyday like you do, so I'm not a Forum pro... sue me.
So get off your high horses and look out the window.

Im disapointed at myself I meant.

Last edited:
In all honesty VG disregarding the size issue your image is creative but the approach is all wrong.
The "In yer face" style you've gone for has resulted in your image looking 'cartoony' with all the stuff going on (fireworks and flames etc) and distracted from theme somewhat.
Its not a criticism its just a hint to help point you in the right direction for any future comps. It took me several weeks before I had a sniff of reaching a poll.

Although I'm chuffed to make it myself I feel this poll is a tad big... I think 20 max would have sufficed but given the amount of entries I guess it was difficult to leave so many out. 👍 to eveyone who made it... I can't decide where to vote yet :dunce:

you know what I couldn't agree more I looked at it again and even I thought it was a cartoon oh well I am on my way to becoming a forum Grasshopper

thanks for your polite critisism.

Hey guys, im very happy, this was my first competition entry and it got picked for the poll. It has no votes tho, but its okay, i made it there at least.

But can you guys tell me what you think of my photo?. Its the Black F40 in Toscana Tarmac, at sunset. Thanks.

Hey guys, im very happy, this was my first competition entry and it got picked for the poll. It has no votes tho, but its okay, i made it there at least.

But can you guys tell me what you think of my photo?. Its the Black F40 in Toscana Tarmac, at sunset. Thanks.

It's a nice looking picture of a gorgeous car. I feel it could use some more focus on the front wheel/brake disc and less focus on the background.

Exacly why people should have to work harder, to produce fresh material. Not just a car from the side darkened a whole 5min spent there.
Some like COD more of the same different angle while others like Battlefield always new and different.

I am sure there are hundreds of pictures like yours. Sorry.

Back