**CLOSED** See the new thread: Michelin Pilot GS Sprint Challenge presented by SnailFinished 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 545 comments
Very good time with you guys on the track tonight!!
We did have a great test/shakedown session. Very happy the lobbies had some decent room stability....beginning to think they held back alot of the features to test their servers and make any ne essay fixes or adjustments before unleashing the real deal.
As for the feel of the cars, I have to believe there was a difference in the rear tire physics. There were plenty of times that if I stayed patient on the throttle and smoothed out my inputs, the times dropped significantly. Try to get on it a little too early or too much with some high speed lateral g's in force, and you will send it into a spin. Also liked that you actually had a chance at saving it, especially lower speed corners....high speed corners???...heck, even the pros lose it when it comes loose in those. Overall, imo, a big improvement and really liking the feel of the driving, and even more so the door to door action we had last night. Soon much concentration required....two 40 minute races, I'm going to be cooked even more than we were before.
I will be reviewing replays for some data capturing for those in attendance. I will be factoring, Fastest laps posted, optimal laps, and clean laps into an avg lap figure. From there, I will see where the average pace of the field seems to be, and then make adjustments as needed for everyone who attended. From there, I will ask that you guys time trial at the 6.6 base p/w ratio, and then make the adjustments to reach your adjusted BoP p/w ratio and run the time trial again with the adjusted figures. Then submit screenshots of both. This should help indicate if the leveling formula I'm using is close to what we need.

Anyway, I will be running another open testing night tonight, probably to pick up where we left off last night at Daytona Road Course, and then move to another as the night moves along. For anyone around and interested, I plan to have the room open around 8pm est and to run until we don't feel like it anymore. See some of you then.

We did have a great test/shakedown session. Very happy the lobbies had some decent room stability....beginning to think they held back alot of the features to test their servers and make any ne essay fixes or adjustments before unleashing the real deal.
As for the feel of the cars, I have to believe there was a difference in the rear tire physics. There were plenty of times that if I stayed patient on the throttle and smoothed out my inputs, the times dropped significantly. Try to get on it a little too early or too much with some high speed lateral g's in force, and you will send it into a spin. Also liked that you actually had a chance at saving it, especially lower speed corners....high speed corners???...heck, even the pros lose it when it comes loose in those. Overall, imo, a big improvement and really liking the feel of the driving, and even more so the door to door action we had last night. Soon much concentration required....two 40 minute races, I'm going to be cooked even more than we were before.
I will be reviewing replays for some data capturing for those in attendance. I will be factoring, Fastest laps posted, optimal laps, and clean laps into an avg lap figure. From there, I will see where the average pace of the field seems to be, and then make adjustments as needed for everyone who attended. From there, I will ask that you guys time trial at the 6.6 base p/w ratio, and then make the adjustments to reach your adjusted BoP p/w ratio and run the time trial again with the adjusted figures. Then submit screenshots of both. This should help indicate if the leveling formula I'm using is close to what we need.

Anyway, I will be running another open testing night tonight, probably to pick up where we left off last night at Daytona Road Course, and then move to another as the night moves along. For anyone around and interested, I plan to have the room open around 8pm est and to run until we don't feel like it anymore. See some of you then.
Well, unfortunately the replays do not afford any time/lap history data for driver in its current form. Again, hoping updates address this as well.

Might be able to pop in and give it another go this evening. Lobby open at the same time?

I’ve really enjoyed the challenge of getting a road car up (or down in my case) to a GT4 spec and coming to grips with tuning. Finally got things right ahead of our last race so I’m stoked to see how I fare with a more stable setup.

Might be able to pop in and give it another go this evening. Lobby open at the same time?

I’ve really enjoyed the challenge of getting a road car up (or down in my case) to a GT4 spec and coming to grips with tuning. Finally got things right ahead of our last race so I’m stoked to see how I fare with a more stable setup.
Great racing last night with you. I'll have it opened a little earlier tonight...around 7:30-8pm est on into the night. See ya then.

Just checking, could I use this evening's test session to settle on a car? If not, I will edit the entry form below with a decision ahead of time. Wanted to make sure I got my name in.

I have reviewed the first post and would like to participate in the Michelin Pilot GT4 Cup Challenge presented by Snail, and agree to run the time trial to establish my driver specific initial BOP/p/w ratio regulations.
PSN ID: rsrgse
Car: 17 Mercedes AMG GTR
Number: 22
Race Team: Open to invitation
Car selection updated.

@Rob Brown
17fc7554a3697-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_421968124035134_1648312984512~2.jpg
17fc7558e6376-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_421968141122083_1648313051258~2.jpg

@Noob01_lmdead
17fc755a78b52-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_421968512283734_1648314501108~2.jpg
17fc755cb6496-ee31C67A47BA77B728F.609478CBBF4C5361_message_421968544089735_1648314625350~2.jpg

Flying Lizard Motorsports has signed on for race support and sponsorship in this series. Good luck.

The Z is stuck in the 51's at Daytona. 😆 I went to minimum weight, even bumped up the power to 438hp and nothing really changed other than it getting more twitchy. I'm no championship caliper crew chief, but going to have to fiddle with the suspension a bit...

1648345190762.png

They're not missing, they're the wrong class....they're TCR Class, front wheel drive cars. This series is for GS/GT4 Class Rear wheel drive cars.
It's ashame we didn't get latger grid capacities....the 1st Season of this series was a multi class season with 10 GS and 6 TCR on the track. Went well, but needs more grid spots to be worth doing it again.

Are all of the hand built cars showing 140/240 max down force levels?
I believe if you don't add the front spoiler kit or the large rear spoiler...but both are required for the series if available to the car being chosen. This usually yields more adjustment.

I believe if you don't add the front spoiler kit or the large rear spoiler...but both are required for the series if available to the car being chosen. This usually yields more adjustment.
I added aero parts to 2 cars (LC500, 8C) and came up with those numbers.

Is the Maserati eligible? It’s minimum weight is 2824lbs
6C4D5B28-77CF-45ED-8A85-82BE7E32E3BA.jpeg

Still on the fence about whether I want to enter my own car or join someone else’s team, since my knowledge of tuning ends at tacking on the setup for whatever the closest car Praino’s done (luckily he’s done the Maserati) and fine tuning the downforce. My love of making liveries exceeds my hatred of tuning though.

Last edited:
Is the Maserati eligible? It’s minimum weight is 2824lbsView attachment 1129866

Still on the fence about whether I want to enter my own car or join someone else’s team, since my knowledge of tuning ends at tacking on the setup for whatever the closest car Praino’s done (luckily he’s done the Maserati) and fine tuning the downforce. My love of making liveries exceeds my hatred of tuning though.
Yes, we can add that car to the list.

Latest Posts

Back