can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
pmcheader_078.png

This week's theme in detail, brought to you by last week's winner, TaSiMa:

"I think most of you, like me, like Superheroes (Spiderman, Wolverine, Hulk, Ironman, Superman, Batman, etc.). I'd like to see, then, how you envision their cars and why.
For example Iron Man's car could be a red and gold Audi R8, and so on..."

CARS: Any
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: Yes
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: None

pmc_rules-png.87103

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.
This Thread will answer many possible questions you may have.

• It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr.
  • Not sure how to post a thumbnail or preview image? Read this sticky!
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it;
    it makes poll creation much easier!
  • No post-GT6 editing, besides proportional resizing and rotating, is allowed.
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
  • Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
  • Absolutely no hybrid, hacked cars, or cars obtained through such means.
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text. On H2H weeks, which side, as well.
    Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
    [COLOR="Red"]FINAL ENTRY[/COLOR]
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
    either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, linked to the full-sizer.
  • Preview images can not exceed 500 pixels in either direction.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Winner gets to choose the following week's theme, as well as the Top 30. Every fourth
    week, the poll will be H2H style: entries must choose a "team", leading to two 15-picture,
    4-day polls. The winners from each faces off in a final 48 hour poll.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
  • The Host may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so.
    It's recommended to save the original image (preferably in-game) until week's ends.
Failure to follow these rules will result in ignored entries and/or disqualification!

pmc_deadline-png.87104

[20.00 GMT]

Final Entry

THUNDERCAT

My Super Heros of the 80ties - Thundercats

I thought of a car that would suit those cats and the only thing I could think of was a Jaguar, but a mean one! Captured in the dust and true to the series ;)

That theme song still gives me goosebumps...well almost...:D

Fine to know, thanks for research. Another Interpretation is there once was a fighting bull named "bat"...
Yes, I believe Lamborghini names most of their cars after famous fighting bulls, if I recall correctly.

And "Diablo", which means "Devil" in Spanish :lol:

And @Raphaele , yep indeed. "Murciélago" was a bull in Cordoba which famously survived 24 sword strokes, a feat so impressive that the matador actually decided to spare its life.

Last edited:
But is there a reason for an Italian automaker to name their cars in Spanish? Just curious :boggled:

Yep, there's an interesting story behind it.

Ferruccio Lamborghini, founder of Lamborghini, was friends with Don Eduardo Miura, owner of the Miura cattle ranch in Seville, which produces some of Spain's most well known fighting bulls (the Miura bulls).

On a visit to the ranch, Mr. Lamborghini was inspired to name his cars after the ferocious bulls (Moreover, he was a Taurus himself, being born in April).

Thus, many Lamorghinis since the P400 Miura (asides from the Countach and concepts like the Egoista and Sesto Elemento, as Simone and Jacob pointed out, which are all Italian words) were named after famous bulls originating from the Miura ranch, which all naturally had Spanish names.

Yep, there's an interesting story behind it.

Ferruccio Lamborghini, founder of Lamborghini, was friends with Don Eduardo Miura, owner of the Miura cattle ranch in Seville, which produces some of Spain's most well known fighting bulls (the Miura bulls).

On a visit to the ranch, Mr. Lamborghini was inspired to name his cars after the ferocious bulls (Moreover, he was a Taurus himself, being born in April).

Thus, many Lamorghinis since the P400 Miura (asides from the Countach and concepts like the Egoista and Sesto Elemento, as Simone and Jacob pointed out, which are all Italian words) were named after famous bulls originating from the Miura ranch, which all naturally had Spanish names.

Wow! Very interesting indeed! Learned something new today :D:gtpflag:

Thanks @Yui-san 👍👍

Hey guys,

Don't really know where to post this but this is one of my last entries in the GT6 photomode competitions. I have sold my PS3 and after summer I will move on to PS4.

I want to thank all of you for your amazing creations and friendlyness:cheers: This is one part of the forum where I feel well. Nice people and all seem to share a passion towards photographing those lovely cars.

Keep it going! The photomode forum has some great value for GTP :bowdown:

Kind regards,
Sebastiaan

Hey guys,

Don't really know where to post this but this is one of my last entries in the GT6 photomode competitions. I have sold my PS3 and after summer I will move on to PS4.

I want to thank all of you for your amazing creations and friendlyness:cheers: This is one part of the forum where I feel well. Nice people and all seem to share a passion towards photographing those lovely cars.

Kind regards,
Sebastiaan

You will be missed Seb!!!:cheers::(

Hey guys,

Kind regards,
Sebastiaan
Have fun Seb, we'll see you on the GT7 side. 👍

You and your Peugeots will be missed. :( :cheers:

Hey guys,

Kind regards,
Sebastiaan

oh-god-why.png

Have fun on PS4. Don't forget you have to be PS Plus member if you want to play online and don't forget to download the trial (There is no time limit) version of Driveclub. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back