can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
pmcheaderwk19.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, provided by LACOSTER:

We all played with our model cars as children, crafting fantastic stories of their invisible
occupants. Well, this week, we're revisiting that via Miniature Filter. Be a kid again!

CARS: Any
LOCATIONS: Any track
PHOTOTRAVEL: No
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Miniature Filter must be used

rulesclassic.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification.
If you have any questions, please, send me a Private Message.
This Thread has everything you need to know.

• No other editing, besides proportionally resize and rotate, is allowed outside GT5 Photomode.
  • Only one entry per user allowed. It must be that user own work and never used in another competition;
  • Do not ask other members to choose your entry.
  • Entry post must be marked with a FINAL ENTRY text;
  • Entries may only be changed once and it must be indicated clearly;
  • Entries must be posted in either thumbnail or a preview. We recommend you to link either to it's full size;
  • Posts containing bigger previews than allowed, full sizes or links only will be ignored;
  • Previews should not exceed the limit of 500px in either direction and have any effect not present in the original image
  • It's recommended the usage of a free image hosting service, such as ImageShack, Photobucket or Flickr;
  • Only the best 30 entries will get through the Classic Poll Style; and best 15 for each poll in a H2H Poll Style.
  • In H2H weeks, entries must choose a "team", and the best from each poll faces off;
  • Keep in mind that the Host of this competition may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so.
    It's recommended to store the original image (from the USB stick) until competition week ends.

deadline.jpg

[12.00GTM]

This Week's News:

I do hope the Impatients realize that the judge and host may not always be online at the same time. After a more limited theme last week, the only real restriction here is no Photo Travel, and a specific filter, so have fun!

Changing my final entry:

FINAL ENTRY

Click for full size

A tribute to my first Hot Wheels car, now lost, somewhere...

Last edited:
This is me for now, will probably change it for something that looks more toy-like, enjoy for now!
FINAL ENTRY

Clicker=Bigger​

Final Entry

I had a Samba Bus in pale yellow when I was a kid - it rocked. I went for the Supercar Nostalgia series in the hope of finding some others and low and behold my two favs, a countach and a 512 both wanting to pick a fight with me. Incidentally, I had both of them in those colours. Anyway, what I was thinking during the shoot was that no kids toy car set was all one kind of a car - there were all kinds of randomness hence a Countach, a 512BB and a Samba Bus.​

I had a Samba Bus in pale yellow when I was a kid - it rocked. I went for the Supercar Nostalgia series in the hope of finding some others and low and behold my two favs, a countach and a 512 both wanting to pick a fight with me. Incidentally, I had both of them in those colours. Anyway, what I was thinking during the shoot was that no kids toy car set was all one kind of a car - there were all kinds of randomness hence a Countach, a 512BB and a Samba Bus.​

Put your toys up! Very, very nice!

Very nice entries so far! Great use of the filter.

So far barely anyone has used the miniature filter how it's intended to be used, which was the whole point of the theme :lol:

I don't get it ,Do we just Post any Miniature Filter Shots that look good or do we use it too make the cars look like scale models (T-12 For example Has done it right )

I don't get it ,Do we just Post any Miniature Filter Shots that look good or do we use it too make the cars look like scale models (T-12 For example Has done it right )

"Unique restrictions: Miniature filter" I think we should use it, but he didn't say anything about what should appear on the photo...:sly:

You have to use the miniature filter, yes. But the only way pics are getting into the poll is if you actually make it look like toys. lol

I won't change my photo entry, he should have said that we had to make cars look as toys...:indiff:

The way i read the competition was to use the Miniature Filter. But it works the best if you use it correctly, which is to make the cars look like toys, not using close up and ruining the purpose of the filter.

The way i read the competition was to use the Miniature Filter. But it works the best if you use it correctly, which is to make the cars look like toys, not using close up and ruining the purpose of the filter.

It has many correct uses, you can make a car look like a toy or focus in something on the photo. In mine I focus the Mercedes logo, that's the way I use it, you might like using it to make cars look like toys

But I see that the only way for enter in the poll is taking toy pictures. I'll change my entry

*EDIT*

I really wish this game had some of the cars I had as toys as a kid, but there were really none that fit the bill :/ So I decided as I'm still a big kid I'd enter a shot of the only toy car I currently own :)

73f3f3d7.jpg

Final Entry

Last edited:
I won't change my photo entry, he should have said that we had to make cars look as toys...:indiff:

I think he pretty much did.... way I understood it anyway. :sly:

"We all played with our model cars as children, crafting fantastic stories of their invisible
occupants. Well, this week, we're revisiting that via Miniature Filter. Be a kid again!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back