can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
pmcheaderwk24.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, provided by JediRage:

"What do you prefer? Slipstreaming towards the finish line on Fuji or shifting through the gears
on Suzuka's S curves? Would you rather listen to the roar of the wind on the Mulsanne Straight
or the groans of a car's engine as it handles Laguna Seca's Corkscrew at speed?"

CARS: Any
LOCATIONS: All except Autumn Ring
PHOTOTRAVEL: No
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: At least 1 car in photo

rulesh2h.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have any questions, please, send me a Private Message.
This Thread has everything you need to know.

• No other editing, besides proportionally resize and rotate, is allowed outside GT5 Photomode.
  • Only one entry per user allowed. It must be that user own work and never used in another competition;
  • Do not ask other members to choose your entry.
  • Entry post must be marked with a FINAL ENTRY text and indicate which side during H2H weeks;
  • Entries may only be changed once and it must be indicated clearly;
  • Entries must be posted in either thumbnail or a preview. We recommend you to link either to it's full size;
  • Posts containing bigger previews than allowed, full sizes or links only will be ignored;
  • Previews should not exceed the limit of 500px in either direction and have any effect not present in the original image
  • It's recommend you to use a free image hosting service, such as ImageShack, Photobucket or Flickr;
  • Only the best 30 entries will get through the Classic Poll Style; and best 15 for each poll in a H2H Poll Style.
  • In H2H weeks, entries must choose a "team", and the best from each poll faces off;
  • Keep in mind that the Host of this competition may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so.
    It's recommended to store the original image (from the USB stick) until competition week ends.

deadline.jpg

[12.00GTM]

Last edited:
This Week's News:

A fun week - do you want straightaway images, or turns? I would assume JediRage wants your selection to be fairly clear, though it's his call, not mine, but I imagine extreme close-ups won't pan out well for people this week ;)

What does JR have against autumn ring?

haha, I have an unhealthy hatred for the Autumn Ring track. It has to be the fugliest video game track I've ever seen. Even NFS from the mid 90s had better ones.

Hyperbole, I know, but ... I hate ... Autumn Ring. :dopey:

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY (CURVES)

Don't really stand a chance this week but competing is still fun. :sly:

Last edited:
There will be a lot of entries for this theme because there are a lot of different shots you can produce..
Just wondering why you can't go on Autumn ring?

There will be a lot of entries for this theme because there are a lot of different shots you can produce..
Just wondering why you can't go on Autumn ring?

Atumn ring hasnt got a long strait line or any real curves. Its more like small sharp angle curves there....
That would've been my thought why we couldnt use that track.

And I agree with the amount of Entries. Think I already got plenty of shots I could use. :dopey:

Changed Final Entry
"Curves" - First time I've used the Extreme Monochrome filter.

Click Me

Last edited:
Right on, has not been edited at all. Warm filter plus bright sun = that. :)

I'd like to see the original, because even in Photoshop with some extreme Levels adjusting, not a hint of the GT logo shows up in the corner (which it should, since the background isn't flat-white). Also, the aspect ratio doesn't match with any selectable option in GT5. Just checking :)

Atumn ring hasnt got a long strait line or any real curves. Its more like small sharp angle curves there....
That would've been my thought why we couldnt use that track.

What, the GT series' original loop-turn is a small curve? ;)

I'm gonna go to Monza with this one... just need to pick the right car ;) Uh I'm looking forward to this - looooove Monza with a high speed car :dopey:

EDIT: Nah...Monza is a little boring...I found a better location ;)

Last edited:
What, the GT series' original loop-turn is a small curve? ;)

auhh right, thats defianitly not a small curve.:) But is it in GT5? I only remember that the small version is in GT5....(sadly)

...or do I confound something now????

Last edited:
I'd like to see the original, because even in Photoshop with some extreme Levels adjusting, not a hint of the GT logo shows up in the corner (which it should, since the background isn't flat-white). Also, the aspect ratio doesn't match with any selectable option in GT5. Just checking :)

Not a problem will send it to you asap :)

Straights it is, but is this allowed?
It doesn't really show the straight.

FINAL ENTRY

Final Entry

I prefer a STRAIGHT Ride to the Green Hell

Click Now !​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back