Closed

• Thread starter GTP_Nail
  • 9 comments
United States
Tennessee
nail-27
IMG_4265.JPG

Welcome to a work in process.

For some months the Ring Rats (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ring-rats.371601/) have been trying to find ways to effect driver changes so we can have "real" Endurance races. The process is simple and idiot proof but requires more participants then our little group can contribute.

If you LOVED AJ's series in '15 and '16 ( despite its Machiavellian procedures)....

If you love to drive in the dark on the the Ring with heavy damage for hours...

If you like racing for FUN with people you TRUST...

If you can race for up to 2 hours at a time with normal pit stops and a required timed stop to ...er...perform a natural break..(thank you to the Tour de France for that term)

If you can actually convince your significant other to let you race in actual time other than after she goes to bed :lol:

Then post here and we'll link you to the working group of insane long distance drivers ....nice people...just a little nutty about Real Endurance Racing.

ALL driver levels and all time zones required and accepted. (with 2 man teams we need 28 drivers....with 4 man teams we need....lets me see...no I do not have enough fingers and toes...but you get the idea.

The proposed schedule is to copy the VLN series as it actually runs but with the N24 Hour race at the end of a 10 month Season. Race days will be Saturdays starting late Morning in the US so everyone can stay up all night :ill:. And....of course....we will also do other major Endurance Races all over the World as tracks become available.

If you only care about yourself...do not respond. this is a TEAM sport.

A lot of our members are WRS members it it not necessary to be a member to join.
IMG_5489.JPG

Last edited:
If you are not really sure come race with us in the Ring Rats. We hold testing and short stint length (4 laps or so) races on Tuesday Afternoon @ 1330 Central US Zulu-5 and Tuesday evenings @ 8:30 Central. Race days are Sunday for the Rats at 1330 Central and race lengths are 2 hours for weeks 1,2,and three, and 3 hours for week four. Go here (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ring-rats.371601/) and read the blather and send a FR to me @GTP_Nail

Last edited:
A quick video from last night. I had a great time running with you guys! Sadly, I can't participate on Sundays but I wish you guys the best and I hope your events continue to grow. I will jump in on Tuesdays unless I start my own events on those nights.:D

Enjoy the video and see you on the track!

Most likely on Saturdays around Noon to allow European drivers to get a couple of stints in before o dark thirty but its really to soon to nail down the exact time.

Most likely on Saturdays around Noon to allow European drivers to get a couple of stints in before o dark thirty but its really to soon to nail down the exact time.
Until and if we get the VLN off the ground we race and test on Tuesday and Thursday at 1330 and 8:30 US central and then do a race on Sunday at 1330 of either 2 or three hours with the Ring Rats

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ring-rats.371601/

Back