VBR

Meme Dissident in Exile...
Premium
England
Yorkshire
ScapeGoat4U
WhippingBoy
Club Shuffle-Esque

If you're having trouble finding decent online lobbies in GT6 for stock car racing on sensible tyres, then this is the club for you.

6cfc5c73b0ad4f6b7bcb07010757cde1.jpg

About:

This club is about trying to recreate some of the best aspects of Shuffle racing in GT6, without all the convoluted means of choosing cars some others have adopted. After all, one of the best things about Shuffle was that it was pretty much a case of plug n play; turn up in a lobby when you wanted, get in a car, race, have some good clean fun. As a result there are no set times for racing in this club, we're just a bunch of ex Shufflers & hosts doing what we love best, racing stock road cars on sensible tyres to a set format as & when we feel like it (I myself run a room most Saturdays).

Rules:

1) Drive clean & respectfully.

2) You cannot use the same car twice.

3) Power Limiter = 6pp maximum detune, no more.

Members/Auxiliary Hosts:

To become an Official Member ask to be added to the list in post 3, & make sure that you have a good amount, & an odd mix, of untuned cars between 350-550pp in your garage. Official Members can also act as Auxiliary Hosts when need be, so if no Official Host has a room open, they can open one & post up the number. Just make sure to stick to the Format & Event Settings as outlined in post 2! To become an unofficial member, simply look out for the Club Shuffle-Esque room numbers posted up by Hosts or Auxiliary Hosts in this thread & the status updates on the GT Planet main forum page, & join the lobby in GT6.

Official Hosts:

To apply to become an Official Host you must have a good reliable connection in GT6, some room hosting experience (preferably in GT5's Shuffle/Spec lobbies), a USB keyboard for your PS3 (or be a fast typist as chat is disabled), a desire to stick to the club format enforcing the rules in the lobby, & room on your PSN blocked list. Also, please save all replays for future reference. Apply with an @VBR in this thread.

:gtpflag:

Last edited:

Format:

Performance Points range is anywhere between 350-550pp only.

Hosts; room name must always be written exactly as; CLEAN! Stock: 350-550pp, CH-SH.

PP & tyres; 350-399pp = Comfort Hard, 400-449pp = Comfort Medium, 450-499pp = Comfort Soft, & 500-550pp = Sports Hard. *

Room numbers must always be posted up by hosts in this thread & in their Status Updates, that way everyone can find lobbies easily & quickly. #

Race cars, rally cars, or cars with numbers/liveries etc are not allowed. However, concept cars & tuner cars like Spoon/Amuse etc are allowed. No KTM's allowed.

After everyone votes for a track, previous winner picks a suitable PP, then we choose our cars. Hosts can override choices if problematic, & choose PP if winner isn't quick enough.

Races are roughly 10 minutes long give or take a few minutes, breaks/practice between races are roughly 5 minutes long (which should equal about 4 races per hour).

Laggers must always be reported to the host & be asked to leave after being informed of their connection problems. If they refuse, they get kicked.

Three strikes & you're out! Bad drivers are warned twice by the host, & by the third incident will be kicked out.

Abusive & repeat offenders will go on the blocked list of every Official Host & Member.

And keep your language as clean as the racing!

🤬

* Don't let that scare, or fool you! Comfort Medium tyres in GT6 have the same grip level as Comfort Soft in GT5 etc. Think about it...

# Post Status Updates in this format; "GT6 Lobby Open Now: CLEAN! Stock: 350-550pp, CH-SH. Room ID is: 1472-" (copy & paste that).

Hosts & Auxiliary Hosts; input the following Event Settings into GT6 & then save them:

Basic Settings:

Room Mode = Practice/Race.

Room Privacy = Public.

Room Settings:

Room Comment = "CLEAN! Stock: 350-550pp, CH-SH."

Race Type = Race For Fun.

Fixed Room Ownership = Yes or No (up to host & their connection).

Max Number Of Participants = 10 to 16 (up to host).

Race Quality = Standard or High (up to host).

Voice Chat Quality = Disabled (NEVER ON).

Track Settings:

No. Of Laps = Reset it for each race so that they're roughly 10 minutes long.

Everything else is up to the host. Be creative with your use of time & weather!

Race Settings:

Hold Settings Automatically = Disabled.

Start Type = Grid Start With False Start Check.

Grid Order = Reverse Grid Based On Previous Results.

Boost = Off.

Penalty = None.

Tyre/Fuel Depletion = Normal, Fast, or Very Fast (up to host).

Grip Reduction = Real.

Minimum No. Pit Stops = 0.

Require Tyre Type Change = Off.

Race finish Delay = 60 seconds.

Visible Damage = On or Off (up to host, turn Off to reduce lag).

Mechanical Damage = Light.

Slipstream Strength = Real.

Car Selection Method:

Car Selection Method = Garage.

Car Filters = Disabled.

Filter By Performance:

PP Limit = Winner of previous race chooses a PP that is suited to the newly voted for track (350-550).

Max Power Limit = No Limit.

Minimum Weight = No Limit. But can be used occasionally to block certain cars.

Drivetrain = No Limit. But can be used occasionally to block certain cars.

Tyres = CH 350-399pp, CM 400-449pp, CS 450-499pp, & SH 500-550pp.

Vehicle Tuning = Prohibited.

Limit Driving Options:

ABS = Available.

All other driving aids are Prohibited.

Last edited:
Official Hosts:

VBR - PSN = VirtualBornRacer
USERID_77a23 - PSN = USERID_77a23

Official Members/Auxiliary Hosts:

VBR - PSN = VirtualBornRacer
USERID_77a23 - PSN = USERID_77a23
GranTurismo916 - PSN = atongo619
colj00 - PSN = solidsnakehm3
Holty - PSN = GTP_Holty
smskeeter23 - PSN = GTP_skeeter23
lTwiSparkle - PSN = MLP_Lyra
Doodle - PSN = doodlemonoply
LeoStrop - PSN = LeoStrop
Gerarghini - PSN = Gerarghini
JWalker - PSN = JWalker_SSR7
CobraFoxF1 - PSN = L1-Cobra-1I
Snaeper - PSN = GTP_Snaeper
1gt6freak - PSN = J.P.MOTORSPORTS
LJ12 - PSN = LAMBOKID12
mid road crisis - PSN = mooncat23
greggypoos - PSN = greggypoos
GregOr1971 - PSN = GregOr1971
FatnSlo - PSN = FatnSlo
ACAGT - PSN = A-C-A_GT
jlmcmillan1978 - PSN = Jase_McMillan
Joe_Ald - PSN = Joe_Ald
SCClockDr - PSN = SCClockDr29379
sanetin - PSN = sanetin
Tenacious D - PSN = Tetsumura
daddyo845 - PSN = daddy-o845
GiovyLM - PSN = GiovyLM
GTwilly - PSN = GTwilly
rubbertoe34 - PSN = Uhraknid
merce - PSN = chrismercer
ninja0804 - PSN = ninja0804
Puhis - PSN = Rainyday77
Tosi Nopee - PSN = Hanskipanski
Inconspicuous - PSN - Incons_icuous
denzel1233 - PSN = deni123333
RickyMSG - PSN = RickyMSG
vasilescui79 - PSN = Robert_Vasilescu
GTP_macca - PSN = albionstar
Billsippi - PSN - Billsippi
Duppy Gee - PSN = DuppyGee
Z66478 - PSN = Z66478

Last edited:
Sounds good , I'm interested to join/host occasionally. I see this is a new thread, just throwing it out there but visual damage is just a drain in bandwidth for some, causing lag and it's not all that necessary. I'm used to hosting heavy damage rooms, do you think that could be an option left up to the host??

Reactions: VBR
Sounds good , I'm interested to join/host occasionally. I see this is a new thread, just throwing it out there but visual damage is just a drain in bandwidth for some, causing lag and it's not all that necessary. I'm used to hosting heavy damage rooms, do you think that could be an option left up to the host??

In the interests of cutting down on lag I will change that. 👍

I won't change Heavy Damage to optional though (even though I'm a big fan of it), as I want to keep the room settings very consistent to appeal to the most players.

Thanks for PMing this, don't tend to lurk the Online forum much but I am interested in this sort of thing!
Colour me intrigued, this seems well thought out and fun! Do miss shuffle racing :D
Sign me up! Member, please, if that's okay?

Maybe we could form a suggested garage.. as the PP systems seems a bit flawed in GT6.

It's the flaws in the system that made Shuffle racing so much fun, as it was more about driving on track with a huge variety of cars than simply winning. I hope that everyone takes to heart what I wrote about collecting an odd mix of cars, not just all the fast ones (hence rule 2). I wanna see a wide range of vehicles out on track, with some odd ball choices & odd ball drivers to match!

:D

Last edited:
I'm in. I like that there are no official times the races are hosted 👍 Never know these days when I'll have some free time to race.

Sounds interesting, I'd like to participate in races.

I'd say I'd like to host, but I tend to not have any fun hosting since I take it way too seriously.

I'd help the hosts, though.

Thanks for the invite, is this club for occasional racers or do you have to play regularly. I love racing cars but I just starting playing euro truck simulator2 and I'm kind of hooked on it LOL, but I am interested in joining your club if it's ok to play once in a while. Thanks again!👍:gtpflag:

Pardon my lack of knowledge on this but if the room is puplic whats the point of a member list if anyone can join? Is it the hosts responsibility to ensure entrants are registered? Or is the point to let anyone in who wants to? :odd:

Pardon my lack of knowledge on this but if the room is puplic whats the point of a member list if anyone can join? Is it the hosts responsibility to ensure entrants are registered? Or is the point to let anyone in who wants to? :odd:

The point of this is so that anyone who wants to can join a room, GT Planet member or not. Anyone on the Official Member list can also host a room if there is no Official Host doing so. This way, there could be lots of rooms open 24/7 with the same name & settings, thus attracting ex Shufflers looking for something similar. It might take a while to build up a following, but it's what I'm aiming for.

For instance, I have no room open now, so if you wanted to open one with all the settings listed in post 2, go for it! Make sure to post the room name & room number in your Status Update & in this thread.

The point of having a member list is to try & keep some control over room settings when they act as Auxiliary Hosts. Also, if someone joins a lobby & is redirected here to GT Planet, they'll see the member list & lots of familiar faces.

Many people are complaining about not finding any good rooms online, so if this takes off they will be able to find good rooms with consistent settings & like-minded players.

Last edited:
VBR
Club Shuffle-Esque

If you're having trouble finding decent online lobbies in GT6 for stock car racing on sensible tyres, then this is the club for you.

133732_340.jpg

About:

This club is about trying to recreate some of the best aspects of Shuffle racing in GT6, without all the convoluted means of choosing cars some other series have adopted. After all, one of the best things about Shuffle was that it was pretty much a case of plug n play; turn up in a lobby when you wanted, get in a car, race, have some good clean fun. As a result there are no set times for racing in this club, we're just a bunch of ex Shufflers & Shuffle hosts doing what we love best, racing stock road cars on sensible tyres to a set format as & when we feel like it, 24/7.

Rules:

1) Drive clean & respectfully.

2) You cannot use the same car twice in a session.

3) Power Limiter must be set between 95-100%, no exceptions.

Members:

To become a member, make sure that you have a good amount, & an eclectic mix, of untuned cars between 350-550pp in your garage. Then simply look out for the Club Shuffle-Esque room numbers posted up in Status Updates on the GT Planet main forum page or in this thread, & join the lobby in GT6. All Official Members (ask to be added to the list in post 3) can also act as Auxiliary Hosts when need be. So if no Official Host has a room open, they can open one & post up the room number. Just make sure to stick to the Format & Event Settings outlined in post 2!

Official Hosts:

To apply to become an Official Host you must have a good reliable connection in GT6, some room hosting experience preferably in GT5's Shuffle/Spec lobbies, a USB keyboard for your PS3/or be a fast typist (as chat is disabled), a desire to stick to the format for this club & enforce the rules in the lobby, & room on your PSN blocked list. Also, please save all replays for future reference. Apply with an @VBR in this thread.

I would definitely like to join the group. Sound great. :)

VBR
The point of this is so that anyone who wants to can join a room, GT Planet member or not. Anyone on the Official Member list can also host a room if there is no Official Host doing so. This way, there could be lots of rooms open 24/7 with the same name & settings, thus attracting ex Shufflers looking for something similar. It might take a while to build up a following, but it's what I'm aiming for.

For instance, I have no room open now, so if you wanted to open one with all the settings listed in post 2, go for it! Make sure to post the room name & room number in your Status Update & in this thread.

The point of having a member list is to try & keep some control over room settings when they act as Auxiliary Hosts. Also, if someone joins a lobby & is redirected here to GT Planet, they'll see the member list & lots of familiar faces.

Many people are complaining about not finding any good rooms online, so if this takes off they will be able to find good rooms with consistent settings & like-minded players.
Good enough 👍

As others have said I have barely been online due to lack of shuffle. When I am it was always a room I created with 530PP, CS, ABS Only, No tuning... and i rarely got anybody staying in them because they all wanted tuning and RS :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back