Saturday Stock Car Series! THIS EVENT HAS BEEN PERMANENTLY CANCELLED.

• Thread starter VBR
  • 319 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll be most welcome Ant & OK8! I checked out your WLR site from your sig, good stuff. I used to be a prolific race event organiser on another site when GT5 Prologue was the sim of choice so you'll be in good company.

I'm really missing sscs vbr, I cant find any decent races. When do you reckon it will be back on?

I'll probably get it up & running again shortly after the PSN is fully functional for GT5. There are gonna be a few changes too, so watch this space gents!

:)

Just ordered a Fanatec gt2 so hopefully it will come in time for the first race when ever that will be?(sooner rather than later I hope) come on VBR im getting withdrawal symptoms lol

My Lounge: Optimize Rule, Explained!

• You must optimize your internet connection before attending!

This rule applies to everyone, please implement as many of the suggestions below as you can. I have successfully helped a few people to improve their connections at my event, so here's my advice.

1) Use a wired connection if you are able to! Wireless connections are on average 25% slower than wired ones, & are more susceptible to various issues, including causing lag in GT5. Just plugging an ethernet cable from your PS3 to your router doesn't mean it's wired, you have to set up a wired connection from the PS3 itself, under: Settings/Network Settings/Internet Connection Settings. After doing that, you can check if it is now a wired connection by going: Settings/Network Settings/Internet & Connections Status List.

2) Do not listen to music in GT5 whilst racing! Having the BGM on not only makes your PS3 work harder (maybe contributing to lag), but it can actually cause you to get disconnected from online rooms, it's a known bug with User BGM. Turn all music down to 0 in the Options menu, including menu music, before attending.

3) Do not share your internet connection with others in your household during the event! Common sense this one really, if family &/or friends are surfing the net on a PC &/or downloading stuff, your bandwidth will be reduced, & this could cause problems. Please make sure that you have sole use of the connection for the duration of the event.

4) Make sure that UPnP is enabled on your router (it's very important), you can check whether it is or not on your PS3's XMB by going: Settings/Network Settings/Internet & Connections Status List, & then scrolling down where it should say: "UPnP: Available". Once enabled, there is no need to forward ports on your router, or put your PS3 in a DMZ, as UPnP automatically forwards the necessary ports for GT5.

5) Your NAT Type must be either: NAT 1 or NAT 2! Go: Settings/Network Settings/Internet & Connections Status List on your PS3 to check, if it shows up as NAT 3, NAT Failed or NAT -, then please do not join My Lounge. Turn your PS3 off, then turn your router off then on again, wait for all 4 lights to come on, then turn your PS3 back on & re-check it.

6) Update your routers software to the current version, it may have updates & bug fixes that could make your connection run smoother, or solve any problems you might be experiencing.

7) Perform a download/upload speed test at: http://internet-speedtest.net & a ping/jitter test at: www.pingtest.net just before each event, I do it everytime just to make sure there's no problems with my line.

👍

PS: And finally, don't forget to clear your cache in GT5 before joining My Lounge!

Last edited:
Can't wait mate, not had a good race for ages, still waiting for my new wheel but ill be on with the pad for now. Is it ok if I come on a bit later though because its the champions league final on saturday mate so I cant miss that.

Is it ok if I come on a bit later though because its the champions league final on saturday mate so I cant miss that.

Of course it's ok, did you not read the intro text under the picture? It's says the same thing as it always has done, ie: 'come along at anytime'.

:sly:

BUMP! This race event is on for tonight, who's coming out to play?

I'll probably be there, but the times are a little bit confusing. GMT and UK is not the same during daylightsaving. Is it 19.35 UK or GMT?

I'll probably be there, but the times are a little bit confusing. GMT and UK is not the same during daylightsaving. Is it 19.35 UK or GMT?

Yes, you're absolutely right! The UK is on Daylight Saving (called BST here in the UK) so we are GMT +1. I'll change the original post & update the info, thanks. You are 1 hour ahead of the UK so SSCS will start at 20:35 your time in Sweden.

:dopey:

Thanks for clearing that up.

You're welcome, hope to see you out on track tonight.

Would all participants please remember that the Race Specifics have been updated regarding the definition of where the track boundary is, it is your responsibility to read, understand & apply them, thanks!

👍

Sorry I couldn't make it last night VBR, I will be there next weekend though. I couldn't be arsed with anything after the match last night I was gutted, see you next weekend

I can't connect - tried it twice. Maybe I'll try again later.
First race was great anyway.

Yeah, first race was good, shame about your connection problems. I was really impressed that you was able to stay with me & helder, you have got a lot faster since the last time we raced.

Sorry I couldn't make it last night VBR, I will be there next weekend though. I couldn't be arsed with anything after the match last night I was gutted, see you next weekend

I thought as much, saw the result on TV later on.

:(

I meet VBR on another forum were he organized races, and at a certain point in time his races were the only reason I was there, he left that forum and I left it too, not for any friendship but for lack of any interest, not only he organized SSCS but also other races, without him there there was no point, "for me…".

It is great to see him do a more evolved organization on these "upgraded" SSCS here on GTPlanet, and for those who never raced them, you don't know what you are missing.
This are very simulated races as you can figure by the description, he puts some effort to create them.
These are not the races were you fight to get in first, but the kind of races you fight to win but also to be as gentleman as you can on track, because that's what you get from the other racers.
You might never win a race, because it isn't easy… but you will certainly have moments of pure driving joy, even if its only trying not to be the last.

Thanks VBR, I hope these races get the attention they deserve, I've just affiliated to GTPlanet… no need to say why.

See on track some Saturday, with some car, and some tyres!

You'd better get some extra practice in for this Saturday guys, this car/tyre combo is only for real men, hehe! ;)

👍

PS: Thanks for the kind words Helder. :)

Last edited:
Hello VBR (and others!)
We had great battles together in online shuffle mode! Very clean and fair. I think it can be the same here! And I like the idea of stock car races. No need to tune... I'm so bad at it. I maybe will be able to do it this saturday if there is still room. I'll send you a psn friend request!

See you all on track!

SSCS is proud to announce a brand new partnership with the Concours Club. They offer the same high level of clean and close racing, running single make same tune race meets. They operate on a sunday, so now you can race the SSCS way ALL weekend!

EDIT: They race with penalties off & damage on heavy just like we do & are very honourable drivers.

Last edited:
Hi guys, Captain Roh of Concours Club here 👍

Myself and VBR got to talking recently and decided that rather than go head to head, we should try and collaborate.

Concours is exactly the same as the racing you're used to here at SSCS! Its fun and friendly, clean and fair! Only us guys race on sundays!

I guess our main goal is to increase attendance for both events. Which in turn will benefit you guys on track. However if the very least we offer is the option to race saturday OR sunday, then hopefully we've done right by someone.

Pleasure to meet you guys. I hope to see you at a Concours event soon, and you will definetely see me here from time to time too 👍

Happy racing gents :)

I wish to participate in your races guys! If you want me in of course. I am not sure for every week but I like clean racing.

An objection about tire selection: the small tool which the pal called calan_svc made and you used it to find the tire type which is the right one to give the same grip level as IRL, is absolutely wrong by logic IMO. Read my aspect on this here and we can discuss it.

EDIT: I just saw the requirements to join this club. I hope tomorrow will provide the answers. How would I post a replay of the laps you want to see without a camera? You see, I don't have one.

Last edited:
I actually read your post earlier on before you posted in this thread. I kind of understand what you mean, but calan has also tested over 60 cars individually aswell & it does seem to work, although it's not an exact science of course. If you're concerned then try running certain car/tyre combos yourself on The Top Gear Test Track by driving in a large circle on the widest part & checking the g meter, this should confirm or dispell any misgivings you might have.

Also, I might start testing the cars a bit more myself & double checking the g meter read outs in GT5 just to make sure.

👍

PS: In answer to your question, I do not need to see any replays of any laps you do, perhaps you need to read through the first post again. :)

Last edited:
Hi Martin, David here. If there is a space for me, pls put me down for this weekend.
I take it that there is no pre-practicing as we do not know the track until the time of qualifying...?

Hello Gentlemen, I've had the pleasure of racing with some of you on previous occasions, and would enjoy the opportunity to do so again in SSCS when I can. Looking forward to the kind of fun we have in Concours Club. See you out there. :cheers:

DCP
Hi Martin, David here. If there is a space for me, pls put me down for this weekend.
I take it that there is no pre-practicing as we do not know the track until the time of qualifying...?

You can practice as much as you want before the event, in fact I encourage it as there will be less incidents on the night. The car, tyres & tracks we use are listed near the top of the first post under "This Saturday's Car:" etc, have another look & I'm sure you'll find it. But you're right that you will only get 10 minutes qualy at the start of each hour to warm to the new track which is enough in my experience. The idea is to practice during the week a little if you have the time & then just a quick warm up/qualy on the night. Just come to My Lounge anytime you want during the event & that goes for everyone else too.

Welcome to all other new SSCS drivers, can't wait to drive with you guys one day soon! :)

Last edited:
So, here is my request for participation in SSCS:

1. I agree to abide by the rules and regulations outlined in the OLR.
2. I have read all 3 opening posts fully.
3. I'm willing to perform a few test laps to prove my racing credentials.

Hi im from the Concours Club, i would like to just say hi and hopefully i will be raciing with some of you guys soon.

Im not sure if i will be on, on saturday as im out for the day, however i might pop on for a race if you guys are on late

BUMP! Just a reminder that this race event is on for tonight & all GT Planet members who believe they fulfill the requirements & agree to race by the OLR are most welcome!

So, here is my request for participation in SSCS:

1. I agree to abide by the rules and regulations outlined in the OLR.
2. I have read all 3 opening posts fully.
3. I'm willing to perform a few test laps to prove my racing credentials.

This isn't the Concours Club, we don't have 3 opening posts, there's no need to prove your racing credentials first as we test drivers out on the night here at SSCS. However, while the OLR is generally applicable it doesn't account for racing with penalties off or Damage on Heavy! So it's much more important that you understand the Damage, Race Specifics, My Lounge, Qualification & Races etc rules in the original post as these define the event.

Hi im from the Concours Club, i would like to just say hi and hopefully i will be raciing with some of you guys soon.

Im not sure if i will be on, on saturday as im out for the day, however i might pop on for a race if you guys are on late

You're most welcome to turn up whenever you want, like it says in the OP. Just make sure to run a few laps on your own first to warm to the car, thanks.

👍

My mistake VBR! I saw your post-request to participate in Concours and I thought it was an example for SSCS. So, I have read first posts about rules & regulations. I might race with you tonight If you allow me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back