Clueless Tunes - Cleaning up (Nov. 23rd)

• Thread starter krenkme
  • 3,040 comments
So……it's decided then. Though I still need to get this up in the tuning war thread and get tuning…

UK vs UK vs France vs Germany

:D Good luck to you all, and let the world war commence.
Actually I'm thinking maybe Italian or Spanish...:odd:

Also is there any restrictions on how we get to 400PP? i.e. limits on the use of ballast and the power limiter?

XDesperado67
Actually I'm thinking maybe Italian or Spanish...:odd:

Also is there any restrictions on how we get to 400PP? i.e. limits on the use of ballast and the power limiter?

I say sport soft tires with only ballast aloud. But that's just me (because mine doesn't use ballast or limiter :dopey: ) tuned to 400pp the old fashion way. :D

I say sport soft tires with only ballast aloud. But that's just me (because mine doesn't use ballast or limiter :dopey: )

No rules on how mad I can get with my car right? Because I might need to do so if this thing is as hard to tune as I imagine it to be…

Only asking because I just found a psycho French car I'd love to use but its at 408PP as a 0/0/0 car.:crazy:

Of course I'll need to find a second one somewhere if I go with it.:D

My Italian is at 401PP as a 0/0/0 car also...:odd:

And yes they are both hatchbacks.:D

XDesperado67
Only asking because I just found a psycho French car I'd love to use but its at 408PP as a 0/0/0 car.:crazy:

Of course I'll need to find a second one somewhere if I go with it.:D

My Italian is at 401PP as a 0/0/0 car also...:odd:

And yes they are both hatchbacks.:D

Fiat Punto and Renault Lurecia?

Lancia Delta HF Intergrale and Pug 205 T16!
Those are the ones.:cheers:

Unfortunately I only have the one Pug base car and I'm not sure I want to mess with it as they are a bit tough to find in low mileage versions.

Tamora of Doom

Even tho this tune isn't a final tune , i decided that i would give it a spin .
The main reason behind this .... I think it is a beautiful sportscar . I know some will disagree and say all TVR's are butt-ugly but those people don't have taste :P .
Anyway the question remains why is this British sportscar a rare sight in online racing ? Well because in stock form it is worthless :( , yes it might be a beautiful car but when running it stock it will only give you a headache . So i guessed it was a good time to see if MadMyk from Clueless tunes made this car any better ?

Well 480bhp for only 996kg defenatly makes it sound intresting :D .
But the low weight was something i noticed straight away when testing it . The car feels lose , but controlable . Sometimes in the faster corners it does tend to understeer just a tiny bit ( almost non noticeble ) this is prolly the biggest downside of the low weight .
The car only has a 5 speed tranny , i would have preferred a 6speed , sadly this isn't availble so no point complaining at that .

Short ( Cote d'Azur ) -- Medium ( deep forest ) -- Long ( spa francorchamps )
This car feels right at home , it can handle all pretty well .
When running Deep Forest times of 1.13.5xx should not be a problem for the average driver ( online ) . Ofc with these times you won't be able to consider this car a NSX or M3 killer , but in most online rooms you should be able to keep up nicely if you keep a clear head and avoid mistakes .
On longer straights i did feel it lacked a little puff .

All in all this is a very fun and challanging car to take online . Exactly the way a British sportcar should be .
Defantly hoping for the final tune to appear online so i can test it :D . But for not this little TVR has found a spot on my favourites list .

Clueless "Bootleggers" a.k.a. touge

CLOSED
DO TO LACK OF INTREST​

There is intrest , i am sure of that , but i do think that most people who race online go for the RS tires setup ( just look at the online lobbies ) . I think it is actually better for people to have a clear overview of what types of setups the garage offers , so personally i would keep the Bootleggers post up .
Just my 2 cents :D

There is intrest , i am sure of that , but i do think that most people who race online go for the RS tires setup ( just look at the online lobbies ) . I think it is actually better for people to have a clear overview of what types of setups the garage offers , so personally i would keep the Bootleggers post up .
Just my 2 cents :D

Thanks Dog. I might re-open the Bootleggers, but for now it's closed. I was thinking of using the second post for reviews of cars (your "home" :D ), but we'll see.

Nice Review on the Tamora 👍. It is one of my favorite cars to drive.
:dopey:

Thanks DaDog for the Tamora review! 👍 👍 This is a final tune, but it is meant to be the fun tune. I love how you can toss the car around. The best is the Mt Aso course on the British Lightweight seasonal. You can drift it (in RS tires!) all the way around the first set of corners. :dopey:

I had visions of doing a real race ready tune but never quite finished it. If you want to do better online, raise up the rear aero to 15-20, change the brake balance to 6/5 and if you need to get back to 550pp, just drop an exhaust part or something. It will be much more stable.

To Krenkme - I think the Touge thing was just a fad for most of us tuners. It didn't end up being fun somehow. The touge scene is too restrictive in car selection and even the way the cars should be tuned had rules. The best cars I built for Sports Hard tires were not allowed in competition - the MX-5 Crossport Concept and the Mercedes-Benz 300SL. I will have to repost the 300SL tune because it is a lot of fun on the new hot hatch seasonal.

Tuning cars should be fun, meaning the cars should be fun to drive as well. On that note, I have another car ready to roll...

DMC Delorean S2 '04 / 550pp / RS Tires / Online ready

Wow! I had no idea this car was actually good! :dunce: This one ranks up there with the more fun cars I have tuned. All I can say is TRY IT!!! :drool:

I tuned the Delorean on SS tires and it does fine with them offline. The car is much more fun with RS tires though and is great online or offline with them. If you want to try the SS tires online, lower the rear dampers one click each, but it takes more throttle control than I can manage in a race situation. If you really want to race it online with the RS tires, you may surprise some people. It may burn the front tires too quick due to the ballast so be aware. Let me know how it works out. 👍

Kart%252520Space%252520%2525E2%252585%2525A0_10.jpg

Kart%252520Space%252520%2525E2%252585%2525A0_8.jpg

DMC Delorean S2 '04

GT Auto
Oil change
Rear Wing

Tuning Shop
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust
High RPM Turbo
Fully Customizable Transmission
Clutch:Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension

Power: 482hp
Weight: 1111kg
PP: 550pp

Power Limiter: 100%
Ballast: 40kg/-40
Aero: 0/20

Transmission:
Select default
Final Gear: stock
Top Speed: 174mph
Gears :
1st: 3.223
2nd: 2.277
3rd: 1.777
4th: 1.427
5th: 1.177
6th 1.000

Top Speed will be: 180mph
(I forgot what the original final gear was, but I lowered it to 3.367 after I set the gears. The car was faster than I thought and I needed the extra mph. :dopey:)

Drivetrain:
LSD Rear: 8/16/8

Suspension:
Ride Height: -20/-16
Spring Rate: 9.0/7.8
Damper Extension: 8/3
Damper Compression: 5/4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/3
Camber: 2.0/1.6
Toe: -0.10/0.15

Brake Balance: 7/5

Tires: Sports Soft or Racing Soft!

Kart%252520Space%252520%2525E2%252585%2525A0_11.jpg

"How to Bootleg in Style" by Madmyk

First of all, sorry to the mods for the triple post! :dunce:

This is a re-post from a past life...It is one of the most enjoyable cars to drive. Even better than the Art Morrison 'vette for driving in cockpit view. Bonus points to anyone who can figure out how I got the paint and interior and wheel color combination. :dopey:

This is not going to be a real touge tune. It is also not an original tune I will be posting. What follows are instructions to build yourself a very enjoyable mountain pass driving, bootlegging machine.

Step 1: Buy this car at the New Car Dealership: Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe ‘54

Ahrweiler%252520-%252520Town%252520Square_1.jpg

Step 2: Buy and install these parts:

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Sports Intake Manifold
Sports Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Sports Exhaust
Fully Customizable Transmission
Clutch:Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Carbon Drive Shaft
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension

Step 3: Apply the tune from Dr_Slump's Car Ambulance!

This is an important step and the reason I said this was not an original tune. I discussed my plan with dr_slump and he agreed to let me post his tune in this manner. I made a couple minor modifications in step 4 to prepare the car for the mountain passes on SH tires and lower pp level, but I am convinced there is no better way to tune this magnificent car. (Note: for now, click the link to see the tune. With the good doctor's permission, perhaps I will quote the tune here later.) (2nd Note: Doc recommends doing Chassis Reinforcement. I did not do this on my car. Use your best judgement.)

Deep%252520Forest%252520Raceway_7.jpg

Step 4: Make the following modifications to the tune:

Add a small amount of ballast: 23kg/+50 (I think of this as a couple jugs cases of moonshine in the trunk. :) )

Change the final gear of the transmission to 3.100 instead of 2.600. Top speed will be 151mph = 243kmh. (Note: if you have trouble getting the posted gear ratios, set the top speed to 137mph = 220kmh first.)

Raise the car a bit for the bumps and elevation changes. Ride Height: -14/-16

Install Sports Hard Tires

Step 5: Hit the road! Final specs: 257hp / 1100kg / 440pp

Deep%252520Forest%252520Raceway_1.jpg
Deep%252520Forest%252520Raceway_6.jpg

Extra special thanks to dr_slump for letting me adapt his tune for the mountain passes. While the goal with this adaptation is pure driving enjoyment (try the cockpit view! 👍), performance was not compromised (otherwise I would have tuned it myself :lol:). Enjoy the drive! :cheers:

Thanks DaDog for the Tamora review! 👍 👍 This is a final tune, but it is meant to be the fun tune. I love how you can toss the car around. The best is the Mt Aso course on the British Lightweight seasonal. You can drift it (in RS tires!) all the way around the first set of corners. :dopey:...

Ok , i misunderstood it then my appolagies for it then . I assumed the Fun tune was primarely awaiting the final tune . :embarrassed: . But like i said it allready found a steady spot in my car list :D . it has a very high fun factor

DMC Delorean S2 '04 / 550pp / RS Tires / Online ready

Wow! I had no idea this car was actually good! :dunce: This one ranks up there with the more fun cars I have tuned. All I can say is TRY IT!!! :drool:

Ok you're on ... :D

First toughts about the Delorean , its an icon wich almost every single person on this planet will reconise instantly when seen . Very rare , seeing i have never raced against a Delorean online . This Irish / American car is a must have in any garage .

Now for the Tune ...
As useall the first stop was deep forest ( yes i know i always go there but it is a good test track ) . Lap after Lap i was able to put down a solid 1.13.xxx , no real effort needed , no risktaking needed , just plain and simple safe driving . I did not find any understeer unless i was overshooting my breaking point in the persuit of 1.12.xx laps . Most important i could not get the car to oversteer going full out of the hairpin is no problem whatsoever for this car .
The car feels right at home here . Maybe not the fastest car the game has to offer but fast on its own non the less .

Then Spa Francorchamps .
Fun and fast car , 230km/h trough Radillion without even tirenoise . so it might even go a little faster in the hands of a better driver . I was able to put down 2.20.xxx laps in a breeze , again on this much faster track i could not find any problems with the car .

Even tho i only took the car to only 2 tracks i did multiple races , and the responds of other drivers was very positive seeing they all loved the Delorean . Like i said it is a rare car and people will be surprised when seeing one on the track , even more surprised by a competitive tune as this one is .
Granted it isn't the fastest car for the 550PP range , but it is so safe to drive that keeping steady laptimes is like taking candy from a baby .

Overall conclusion for this car :

The fun factor is very high , its an very easy drive for all drivers no matter what skill .And i mean it is the car from back to the future , what more do you want :D

defenatly a big 👍

DaDog, thanks again for the review. It is cool that you are meeting up with people online when you are testing. I like hearing that the Delorean got a good response. :D

I haven't been comparing lap times, but I am not surprised it is not at the top of the 550pp standings. Otherwise someone would have figured it out by now. I am happy it performs as well as it does. I really thought it would be slower or harder to control.

Do you have any requests for tunes? I think my time will become less on GT5 if Santa brings me Skyrim for Christmas. Let me know and I will put something together for you.

For this week, I think I will release a couple Jags. I have an S-Type R ready to go after I take some pictures. I was also thinking of the XFR as partial redemption for not entering a Grand Touring car in Tons of Fun.

I was also thinking of the XFR as partial redemption for not entering a Grand Touring car in Tons of Fun.
Actually despite what people seem to think both your Veyron and krenkme's GT-R are listed as examples of Grand Tourers in the Wikipedia article I keep telling people to read.:D

XDesperado67
Actually despite what people seem to think both your Veyron and krenkme's GT-R are listed as examples of Grand Tourers in the Wikipedia article I keep telling people to read.:D

I know, but with the cars we chose, some just don't like them, and that hurt us no matter what (plus mine drove like ****). Which hurt us for the drivers choice. But I'm still happy with the team. Way to go 👍

Back