Clueless Tunes - Cleaning up (Nov. 23rd)

• Thread starter krenkme
  • 3,040 comments
Aren't you the same person that said "no testing will be done at the "ring"? :P :lol:

Euhm ..... yes :odd:

Sadly I turned the "time attack LFA" into "smurf" for the shootout :dunce:. But I've been meaning to buy another LFA to mess around with. Maybe I can get Bob to brake one in for me.

thats ok , i've just been looking around trying to find fun and intresting cars :D

Have you tried the SLR on the 'Ring yet? Interested to see how it goes. Or maybe one of my M5 tunes.

tried the SLR but kids we're rather active so i have to redo it , heading there now , but dinner almost finishd :P

"Hi, I'm DaDog and I'm a Nordshleife-oholic. It's been 5 minutes since my last lap"

*everybody* "hi Dog" :dopey:

Annonymous ringers :D

He had a typo in his sig. :P It should say "all testing will only be done at the 'Ring". :P

"Hi Dog, I'm Onboy and I'm a 'Ring-oholic too! I'm also a drag-oholic and am hellbent on getting that last bit out of a car down the 1/4…tuning blind. It's been 0 minutes since my last run." :dopey:

But yea, I'm just saying, thanks for helping me run my 1/4 cars Krenkme. 👍 Now…what car should it be today? :lol:

Hello Onboy :D

I don't do dragracing tho , not untill there is a proper dragstrip on GT5 with xmas three and everything :(

Onboy123
But yea, I'm just saying, thanks for helping me run my 1/4 cars Krenkme. 👍 Now…what car should it be today? :lol:

Had fun in your Datsun. That thing was quick. Glad I could help.

DaDog
Euhm ..... yes :odd:

thats ok , i've just been looking around trying to find fun and intresting cars :D

tried the SLR but kids we're rather active so i have to redo it , heading there now , but dinner almost finishd :P

Annonymous ringers :D

Hello Onboy :D

I don't do dragracing tho , not untill there is a proper dragstrip on GT5 with xmas three and everything :(

You can always borrow "Smurf" and slap some racing softs on and see what happens (gearing may be poor though)

I wasn't really into tuning for drag (plus the drag guys seem a little too high strung for me), but it's easy to do one handed :dopey:

this might be a solution :D

gji9Z.jpg

Map your throttle and brake to R2 and L2 and just lean the controller on a table to push the triggers. Steer with your good hand and you're good to go!

VTiRoj
Map your throttle and brake to R2 and L2 and just lean the controller on a table to push the triggers. Steer with your good hand and you're good to go!

That might improve my driving :lol::lol:👍

on a side note youre SLR McLaren is getting podium finishes but can't get the gold just yet need more practice lol

DaDog
on a side note youre SLR McLaren is getting podium finishes but can't get the gold just yet need more practice lol

On sport softs? That's good to know. I was worries for your safty :dopey:

well it aint that bad gripwise on S3 , the problem is more that the car is accelerating so fast you end up going much faster as expected and then are forced to brake harder then you're supposed to do ...

overall it is a car you need to get to know , it has a good starting base but to reach full potential the car needs to grow on you ...

if you take the car with an attitude of : i'll just hotlap it quickly and take the mill credits home you will end up in the decor ...

but like i said it is a really fun driving experience 👍

racer39658
What TCSD settings did you use with this... and is the LSD the same front & rear?

Wow. Total fail on my part :dunce:. According to my notes the torque split is 40/60 (front-rear) and the LSD is (front) 12/21/10 (rear) 10/15/10. Thanks for pointing that out and I will adjust that shortly.

Sorry :dopey:

well it aint that bad gripwise on S3 , the problem is more that the car is accelerating so fast you end up going much faster as expected and then are forced to brake harder then you're supposed to do ...

overall it is a car you need to get to know , it has a good starting base but to reach full potential the car needs to grow on you ...

if you take the car with an attitude of : i'll just hotlap it quickly and take the mill credits home you will end up in the decor ...

but like i said it is a really fun driving experience 👍

The car can make you feel at ease, until you realize you are going 175mph heading to a hairpin. That's why I gave it it's name :D

Thanks :) I finally found an Airtrek in the UCD, had to set it up.

Updated the post, and thank you for pointing it out 👍

We here at Clueless have the market cornered on the Airtrek. If the "Family Tank" is not your cup of tea, try Theo's 520pp Airtrek. More power, less weight, and better tires. Also a better tuner I hope you enjoy :dopey:

Boss i am looking for a second hand car atm , just wondering how easy is it to get parts for a 1988 chevy S10 pick-up ?

just wondering , was looking to import a scooby or evo from the UK first but apperantly finding parts is a pain as well , so might as well consider a US car ...

also S10's are only availeble with V6 right ?

Boss i am looking for a second hand car atm , just wondering how easy is it to get parts for a 1988 chevy S10 pick-up ?

just wondering , was looking to import a scooby or evo from the UK first but apperantly finding parts is a pain as well , so might as well consider a US car ...

Not your boss but I just pulled this off Wikipedia.

1985–1990 2.5 L LN8 Iron Duke TBI I4, 92 hp (69 kW) 132 lb·ft (179 N·m) E

1986–1993 2.8 L TBI 60° V6 125 hp (93 kW) 150 lb·ft (203 N·m) R

1988–2000 4.3 L LB4 Vortec V6, TBI

Looks like there was 2 different V6s and a I4 offered in '88.
Also should be able to get parts through Opel.:drool:

Not your boss but I just pulled this off Wikipedia.

1985–1990 2.5 L LN8 Iron Duke TBI I4, 92 hp (69 kW) 132 lb·ft (179 N·m) E

1986–1993 2.8 L TBI 60° V6 125 hp (93 kW) 150 lb·ft (203 N·m) R

1988–2000 4.3 L LB4 Vortec V6, TBI

Looks like there was 2 different V6s and a I4 offered in '88.
Also should be able to get parts through Opel.:drool:

hmmm i'll have to take a deeper look into this but getting parts trough opel is out of the question seeing Opel here will only supply pqrts to car officially imported trough opel sadly ...

hmmm i'll have to take a deeper look into this but getting parts trough opel is out of the question seeing Opel here will only supply pqrts to car officially imported trough opel sadly ...
Odd when I was in Germany back in the mid '90s Opel, got all the parts and did all the work on my wife's GEO Metro. (yes I got stuck driving a 4dr Metro for 3 years in Germany:ill: ex wife bought it while I was in Korea even though she knew I didn't want her to. Should have divorced her then instead of waiting another 7 years.:lol:) U.S. government shipped the car to Germany, not GM/Opel.

Des. is correct. You can get a I4 as well as a V6 for the truck... you can also shoehorn a 350V8 in, but alot of the luxury will have to go, as well as a new rear end. :D

Depending on what parts you are looking for, Toyota did make some parts for GM, as did some other independent parts providers. Not sure of were your at but Chevy parts over here are very easy to find.

On a lighter note, the s-10 is a very easy truck to work on, very few electronics to worry about.

Did that help? :nervous:

Odd when I was in Germany back in the mid '90s Opel, got all the parts and did all the work on my wife's GEO Metro. (yes I got stuck driving a 4dr Metro for 3 years in Germany:ill: ex wife bought it while I was in Korea even though she knew I didn't want her to. Should have divorced her then instead of waiting another 7 years.:lol:) U.S. government shipped the car to Germany, not GM/Opel.

I owned a Chevy Sprint (became the geo metro) and it got about 60mpg :D, just as long as you didn't want to go up a hill :grumpy:.

I didn't know that Opel parts could work. I guess you learn something evey day. 👍

Des. is correct. You can get a I4 as well as a V6 for the truck... you can also shoehorn a 350V8 in, but alot of the luxury will have to go, as well as a new rear end. :D

Depending on what parts you are looking for, Toyota did make some parts for GM, as did some other independent parts providers. Not sure of were your at but Chevy parts over here are very easy to find.

On a lighter note, the s-10 is a very easy truck to work on, very few electronics to worry about.

Did that help? :nervous:

I owned a Chevy Sprint (became the geo metro) and it got about 60mpg :D, just as long as you didn't want to go up a hill :grumpy:.

I didn't know that Opel parts could work. I guess you learn something evey day. 👍
Opel is/was the corporate name used by GM in most of Europe with England being the exception as there it is Vauxhall. Of course I've not kept up with corporate relationships the past few years so who knows who is what anymore.:lol:

XDesperado67
Opel is/was the corporate name used by GM in most of Europe with England being the exception as there it is Vauxhall. Of course I've not kept up with corporate relationships the past few years so who knows who is what anymore.:lol:

Yeah, I have a hard time keeping up with who's in bed with who. :confused:. I just found out that VW owns Lamborghini :dunce:

Yeah, I have a hard time keeping up with who's in bed with who. :confused:. I just found out that VW owns Lamborghini :dunce:
Yep and Fiat has a 20% share and major control of Chrysler which is actually a good thing after Mercedes did their best to destroy it.

Funny how a company that advertises itself as the best engineered and highest quality car manufacturer in the world would undertake what amounted to a hostile takeover of another car company and then not only steal their best designs but also torpedo any new models that could have been competitive in their market and ship them substandard parts and materials. The near death of Chrysler in the early 2000s was because of Mercedes and not Chryslers own bungling.:mad:

The head of Fiat and Chrysler is dedicated to making Chrysler back into the top company it used to be thank goodness.👍👍

Yep and Fiat has a 20% share and major control of Chrysler which is actually a good thing after Mercedes did their best to destroy it.

Funny how a company that advertises itself as the best engineered and highest quality car manufacturer in the world would undertake what amounted to a hostile takeover of another car company and then not only steal their best designs but also torpedo any new models that could have been competitive in their market and ship them substandard parts and materials. The near death of Chrysler in the early 2000s was because of Mercedes and not Chryslers own bungling.:mad:

The head of Fiat and Chrysler is dedicated to making Chrysler back into the top company it used to be thank goodness.👍👍

This I did know.

I know it may not seem like it, but I'm a huge Chrysler Corp. fan (I even have a stalker...Hi Mopar :D), and when Merc joined with Chrysler I was very happy to see that, but looking back, it was the down fall...

... I could wright forever about what has made me mad, or happy about Chrysler... but I don't want to waste anyones time (If you'd like to continue the discussion PM me and I'll type your ear off :D...tomorrow :dopey: )

But for now, another tune from my notebook.....

HSK CT230R '08 "Chubby"

circuitdespafrancorchamlu.jpg

kyotoshorenino.jpg

Found in the New Car Dealership

588bhp
605pp
507 ft. lb. @4000 RPM of torque
weight 1268 Kg

parts

Auto
Oil Change
weight Reduction
Stock
Engine
Stock
Intake
Stock
Exhaust
Racing
Turbo
High RPM
Gears
Custom
Drivetrain
Center Diff
LSD
Suspention
Custom
Tires
Racing Soft (R3)

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune

Downforce - Front- 20 Rear- 50
Weight Adjustment - 200kg @ 50
LSD- Front- 6/9/5 Rear- 12/18/10

GearingIn this order please
Top Speed - 124
1st - 3.600
2nd - 2.680
3rd - 2.070
4th - 1.630
5th - 1.329
Fianal - 2.530

Ride Hight - Front: 0 Rear: -10
Spring Rate- Front: 8.6 Rear: 10.0
Extention- Front: 8 Rear: 6
Compression- Front: 4 Rear: 3
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 4 Rear: 2
Camber- Front: 3.0 Rear: 1.0
Toe Angle- Front: -0.18 Rear: -0.07
Brakes- Front: 7 Rear: 8

TUNER NOTES -
Another car that has been found in my notebook. Was built for the 4hr Nurb Enduro so the tires will last long, and the gearing is pushed to the limit down the back strait, but will never (I hope) redline.

sangalganoabbeyn.jpg

EDIT- Performance numbers may not match (my car may need another oil chance)

This is from GMs Careers website copyrighted this year.

GM and our strategic partners produce cars and trucks in 35 countries, and sell and service these vehicles through the following brands: Baojun, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Holden, Jiefang, Opel, Vauxhall, and Wuling.

:D now I'll let you get back to your usual avian pursuits.:crazy::lol:

This is from GMs Careers website copyrighted this year.

GM and our strategic partners produce cars and trucks in 35 countries, and sell and service these vehicles through the following brands: Baojun, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Holden, Jiefang, Opel, Vauxhall, and Wuling.

:D now I'll let you get back to your usual avian pursuits.:crazy::lol:

and there you have it :D

parrot4.png

post 4001, but I'll take it :sly:

lots of info , and a parrot :P

I see a HSK CT230R '08 "Chubby" wich i am sure is on share so it can be taken to the ring :D ( hint hint )

About the S10 it is an older model car so i ain't sure how easy it is to get parts from a GM / Opel dealer over here compared to for example a 2007 car .

I don't need a big V8 seeing fuel prices atm over here are

1 litre = 1.82 euro -- 1 litre = 0.26 Gallon --1 gallon = 3.78 litle

so that would come down to 8.99 $ US per gallon ( i might be off a couple of cents )

running it on LPG ( Liquefied Petroleum Gas ) will defenatly be the only option :P

Back