Clueless Tunes - Cleaning up (Nov. 23rd)

• Thread starter krenkme
  • 3,040 comments
Mazda MX-Crossport Concept '05 / 500pp / Online OK / SH Tires

Wow it is hard to follow the MONSTER! Here goes my first tune for Clueless...hope you enjoy the tune.

My goal is fun to drive cars. That does not mean the tune is not serious. This SUV has been tested online and offline and handles well for its size on a variety of tracks. It would be a touge tune that I could recommend to TOSS drivers or even post at TPT, but the touge scene does not prefer concept cars which is understandable. If only Mazda provided the street version CX-7 that they later released to PD...oh well.

Race legal or not, this car is fun to drive on the mountain tracks. Maybe a Truck/SUV touge style battle is in order...where did that Lamb go? :dopey:

Mt.%252520Aso%252520%252528Tarmac%252529_3.jpg
Mt.%252520Aso%252520%252528Tarmac%252529_5.jpg

Mazda MX-Crossport Concept '05

GT Auto
Chassis Maintenance
Engine Rebuild

Tuning Shop
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 2
ECU Tuning
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully Customizable Transmission
Clutch:Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Carbon Drive Shaft
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension

Power: 396hp
Weight: 1362kg
PP: 500pp

Power Limiter: 99.1%
Ballast: 60kg/50
Aero: N/A

Transmission:
Select default
Final Gear: 3.550
Top Speed: 149mph
Gears :
1st: 3.729
2nd: 2.676
3rd: 2.066
4th: 1.675
5th: 1.400
6th: 1.200
7th:
Top Speed will be: 158mph

Drivetrain:
LSD Front: 21/42/7
LSD Rear: 16/32/8
Torque Dist: 35/65

Suspension:
Ride Height: -22/-30
Spring Rate: 10.4/8.2
Damper Extension: 6/3
Damper Compression: 4/4
Anti-Roll Bars: 5/6
Camber: 1.6/1.8
Toe: -0.12/0.00

Brake Balance: 4/6

Tires: Sports Hard
Mt.%252520Aso%252520%252528Tarmac%252529_4.jpg

Last edited:
Mazda MX-Crossport Concept '05 / 500pp / Online OK / SH Tires

Wow it is hard to follow the MONSTER! Here goes my first tune for Clueless...hope you enjoy the tune.

I think your SUV ate my MONSTER :nervous:

My goal is fun to drive cars. That does not mean the tune is not serious. This SUV has been tested online and offline and handles well for its size on a variety of tracks. It would be a touge tune that I could recommend to TOSS drivers or even post at TPT, but the touge scene does not prefer concept cars which is understandable. If only Mazda provided the street version CX-7 that they later released to PD...oh well.

My mother-in-law owns a CX-7, so this will be a fun tune to try....for REAL! :dopey:

Race legal or not, this car is fun to drive on the mountain tracks. Maybe a Truck/SUV touge style battle is in order...where did that Lamb go? :dopey:

That would be a great battle, only if I could stop laughing 👍:)

First tune looks fun! Can't wait to try it. Welcome to Clueless Tunes!!!:dopey:

I know I asked before, but are you going to tune the 'Cuda? I think you'd do a great job with it 👍

EDIT= good to see a "new" member to Clueless. Hi madmyk. :)

Last edited:
Could not quite get the gearing as you have it, and had to put the limiter to 96.5% to get to 396hp and 500pp. Other then that the SUV was ready to roll.

Clueless Tunes Mazda MX-Crossport Concept

First lets start with the looks. Well it is an SUV, a very plain looking SUV. Flowing body lines and tall tires it is .... well an SUV.

So this tune was intended to be run on the touge, so I took it to the track we are curently running for the TOSS' Touge Tuner Shootout to see how it handles the hills. Into the braking zone for the first turn I could tell the car was very stable, and the brakes were set properly. Into the first corner put a big smile on my face, I knew this SUV was going to be a fun ride around this track. Only a slight understear if your corner entry is wrong and you miss the apex, but that is because driver error not the tune (I'm an awfull driver!). No overstear car be found at all even if you try, and thats with sport hard tires! After many laps of hills and blind corners and just so much fun, I called it a day.

I will be driving this SUV a lot. It is just so fun to drive. Your not sitting on the edge of out of control, or pushing the car to the end of its limits, your just driving a very, very fun car to drive, and sooooooo much grip! It's to bad it was not aloud in Touge racing it would be very fun to compete in. Fun easy SUV, great tune. Well done 👍👍👍

Songai Shinro (Touge Track)- 3:51.125 (best time in my Lotus 3:47.134)
Deep Forest- 1:25.655
Autumn Ring Mini - :43.367

Jaguar XKR Coupe '10

bernmarketstreet1.jpg

bernmarketstreetn.jpg

Found in the New car Dealership

764bhp
592pp
674 ft. lb. @3400 RPM of torque
weight 1360 Kg
P/W Ratio of 1.75Kg/HP

parts

Auto
Oil Change
Paint Spectrum Blue Metalic(a)
Wheels - painted Spectrum Blue Metalic(a)
Front Aero - A

weight Reduction
Stage 3
Hood(color)
Window
Engine
Stage 3
ECU
Intake
Manifold
Racing Filter
Exhaust
Racing
Manifold
Catalytic
Turbo
Supercharger
Gears
Custom
Drivetrain
Twin Plate
Semi Racing
Driveshaft
LSD
Suspention
Custom
Tires
Racing Soft (R3)

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune

LSD- 10/18/5

GearingIn this order please
Top Speed - 124
Final - 2.140
1st - 4.575
2nd - 3.200
3rd - 2.452
4th - 1.986
5th - 1.630
6th - 1.347

Ride Hight - Front: -15 Rear: 0
Spring Rate- Front: 8.0 Rear: 8.2
Extention- Front: 5 Rear: 7
Compression- Front: 4 Rear: 7
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 3 Rear: 4
Camber- Front: 2.8 Rear: 2.2
Toe Angle- Front: -0.13 Rear: 0.10
Brakes- Front: 5 Rear: 7

This car responds to every input made. Want it to turn, then turn. Want it to accelerate, then mash the gas. Want it to stop....why? Have won against Supercars with it, and many other cars in its class. Good drive. :dopey:

I know I asked before, but are you going to tune the 'Cuda? I think you'd do a great job with it 👍

EDIT= good to see a "new" member to Clueless. Hi madmyk. :)

Thanks for the welcome. I did a first run at the 'Cuda. I will send to krenkme for further testing.

Still trying to figgure the car out, maybe this weekend.

hey boss, I did a quick try on the 'Cuda and ran it in the supercar seasonal at Rome. It handles pretty well for just this one track. It is still a tiny bit slower than my '63 'Vette for the same PP but not bad overall. It needs manual shifting which I can't do with my cheap wheel.

Try it out and see if you can fix it up a bit. Since I cannot shift manually, the gears still need some work. It runs out of power at the top of the band. I like the suspension, but i haven't tried it on enough tracks. It still needs some love.

And thanks for the review of the Crossport. I really appreciate you giving it a good run and posting the lap times. You are about 5 sec faster than me on the touge course and I am amazed it is only 4 sec slower than your Elise. For such long track, that is pretty close.

Thanks for the welcome. I did a first run at the 'Cuda. I will send to krenkme for further testing.

hey boss, I did a quick try on the 'Cuda and ran it in the supercar seasonal at Rome. It handles pretty well for just this one track. It is still a tiny bit slower than my '63 'Vette for the same PP but not bad overall. It needs manual shifting which I can't do with my cheap wheel.

Try it out and see if you can fix it up a bit. Since I cannot shift manually, the gears still need some work. It runs out of power at the top of the band. I like the suspension, but i haven't tried it on enough tracks. It still needs some love.

And thanks for the review of the Crossport. I really appreciate you giving it a good run and posting the lap times. You are about 5 sec faster than me on the touge course and I am amazed it is only 4 sec slower than your Elise. For such long track, that is pretty close.

Just finished running the Grand Vally enduro in the Crossport. Very easy car to drive! Having a lot of fun with it.👍

Thanks for sending me the 'Cuda can't wait to see what you came up with it. (going to sleep so it will have to wait:grumpy: ) I think the only way to drive it is manual trans. do to the torque curve and when it needs to shift, but I have some ideas I've been throwing around so we'll see.

Have a good night, and thanks for the Crossport (I really like it!)

P.S. Any idea where to get food for the Chupacabra? :crazy:

Last edited:
madmyk I need to take a break from this 'Cuda :ouch::grumpy::scared::mad::confused: !!! The Trany has got me soooooo frustrated!!!! The set up you have for the rest of the car is great, but the tranny is kicking my 🤬 ! If it's okay I'll keep it this week and then send it back to you. Great setup so far, it's just that transmission :mad: :mad: :mad:.

Going to work on my Honda Family of vans :dopey: and then get back to it. Have a great night!

Put the Honda Van family in hold (Life and Odyssey), for now :dopey: and the 'Cuda tranny Problems on hold as well (sending back my crazy idea to you Mike to see if it works or it's too far out there). Reworking tunes made before spec 2.0. Most do not really need much. So far I have done the Buick, and the PT Cruiser. Will post them (I hope) in the next day or two, and if anyone has any feed back on the tunes and how to improve them, please feel free. Thanks.

Hey, madmyk, what is that you left in the fridge? I think it has eyes :ill:

Hey krenkme any chance you'll be doing the MR Kei car comparison tunes soon?

Just spent a chunk of the day in my Pocket Monster (will update it tomorrow along with a bunch of notes.:D) and its got me back in the mood for some more Kei cars.:lol:

Also any ideas about interesting comparison tunes for the Mercedes-Benz 160? It's that weird looking midget Benz. Just picked up a low mileage one and it sparked my interest.:lol:

Hey krenkme any chance you'll be doing the MR Kei car comparison tunes soon?

Just spent a chunk of the day in my Pocket Monster (will update it tomorrow along with a bunch of notes.:D) and its got me back in the mood for some more Kei cars.:lol:

Also any ideas about interesting comparison tunes for the Mercedes-Benz 160? It's that weird looking midget Benz. Just picked up a low mileage one and it sparked my interest.:lol:

Well the MR Kie I wanted to do over at TPT, but I haven't heard much from Jack about it...so it's kind of up in the air right now.

Would "The Outlaws" and "Clueless" want to do some comparison tunes?

I Drove my Beat '91 to a Gold in the TT also (by about 0:00.001 :) ) and I'm always loving to tune the Kie cars!

The 160? Not sure, going to bed now, and travel tommarrow, but I'll have to see.

'night :D

EDIT = sorry it was my Yaris 400pp tune @ TPT that got me the gold. I haven't tried the Beat. :dunce:

Last edited:
You're right about the Barracuda, you need to drive it with a manual transmission and shift at about 4800 or 5000 to get the speed and acceleration right. I don't think you can use a automatic transmission on it.

You're right about the Barracuda, you need to drive it with a manual transmission and shift at about 4800 or 5000 to get the speed and acceleration right. I don't think you can use a automatic transmission on it.

I'm not an expert at transmission tuning, so I'm getting frustrated like krenkme. Even doing the tricks I know, the tranny shifts into 4th and 5th at around 4500-4800rpm - I haven't been able to get it lower. It is better than before though.

I also made a couple tweaks to the suspension and overall dropped 2 sec at Laguna Seca. I can post what I have and then get your feedback for the fine tuning. Will that work?

I'm not an expert at transmission tuning, so I'm getting frustrated like krenkme. Even doing the tricks I know, the tranny shifts into 4th and 5th at around 4500-4800rpm - I haven't been able to get it lower. It is better than before though.

I also made a couple tweaks to the suspension and overall dropped 2 sec at Laguna Seca. I can post what I have and then get your feedback for the fine tuning. Will that work?

Have you two tried manual trans. ? If not why? With this car it might be the only way. Just curious, I'm sure you'll get it sorted out. Good luck!

Someday I will post a picture of my cheap Logitech wheel. It is a laptop model, no pedals, with paddles for throttle and brake. The buttons are not reachable for shifting the way you have to hold the wheel. It is a sad story.

Here is what I have so far for the 'Cuda.

Some notes: The ballast could go maybe, but then the power limiter would be needed to get back to 550pp. Go in order to set the tranny. If you can shift early, you may need to adjust the final gear back down a bit. The LSD can probably go up a couple clicks but is safe now.

Let me know how it drives and what can be adjusted.

Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack '71

GT Auto
Chassis Maintenance
Engine Rebuild

Tuning Shop
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully Customizable Transmission
Clutch:Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Carbon Drive Shaft
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension

Power: 587hp
Weight: 1332kg
PP: 550pp

Power Limiter: 100%
Ballast: 50kg/+50

Transmission:
Select default
Final Gear: 3.000
Top Speed: 162mph
Gears :
1st: 4.000
2nd: 3.000
3rd: 1.900
4th: 1.261
5th: 0.892
Final Gear (again): 3.550
Top Speed will be: 172mph

Drivetrain:
LSD Rear: 15/20/5

Suspension:
Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 9.0/6.0
Damper Extension: 8/6
Damper Compression: 4/3
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/6
Camber: 1.6/1.2
Toe: -0.12/+0.16

Brake Balance: 8/5

Tires: Sports Soft

Have you two tried manual trans. ? If not why? With this car it might be the only way. Just curious, I'm sure you'll get it sorted out. Good luck!

Someday I will post a picture of my cheap Logitech wheel. It is a laptop model, no pedals, with paddles for throttle and brake. The buttons are not reachable for shifting the way you have to hold the wheel. It is a sad story.

Truck driver for a living, so it's hard for me to press a button to shift a car, plus I used to race so that makes if tough as well. Been trying though. :dopey:

Here is what I have so far for the 'Cuda.

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Can't wait to see what you did with it. I will try to get my daughter to send you your car back with the changes I made (all reversible, and I wrote down the set up you had before I destroyed it.) Don't laugh too much, but I was trying to get all the torque and power I could out of it. So my thinking behind it was that the torque kicks in at low RPM so....I stretched the gearing....a bit :D. Also added a supercharger to get it to shift sooner (so I think :confused: ). Should be home by tomorrow to try it out. 👍

The Photos look good for the Crossport 👍 . How does the OP look? Any changes that need to be made?

Have a great night! :dopey:

EDIT= might have to send it tomarrow, sending my LFA out for a test. :D (if my daughter will that is)

Last edited:

Well I will not be home for a few days it seems, but back when I was making a bunch of 400pp tunes (two posted over at TPT) I had one for the baby Benz. Very good car. As for a comparison, I would say cars like the Lupo, Yaris, and the Fit just to name a few, there's many more out there I just can't think of them right now :dunce: Fun cars to tune from 400pp to 450pp. Hope that helps. I'll put my 160 on share when I get home so you can have a go at it if you'd like. :dopey:

Finally the Clueless 'Cuda 👍 I'll run it tonight and get back to you :D

Cool, I'm looking forward to your feedback. I didn't see if you mentioned any specs so I went for 550pp on SS tires. That is about the max for SS tires and no wing. It is stable and actually handles pretty well at this level.

I don't expect this is the final version, but krenkme is out for a few days so I thought I'd give you something to work with. I'd like to get his input and we will definitely need his help if you want to go for a max hp tune.

Cool, I'm looking forward to your feedback. I didn't see if you mentioned any specs so I went for 550pp on SS tires. That is about the max for SS tires and no wing. It is stable and actually handles pretty well at this level.

I don't expect this is the final version, but krenkme is out for a few days so I thought I'd give you something to work with. I'd like to get his input and we will definitely need his help if you want to go for a max hp tune.

I was just looking for a good 'Cuda tune. 550 will be great for the seasonal so I will try it. Not tonight, I couldn't play tonight I hope I can tomorrow :(.

Where is krenkme? A full maxed out tune would be cool too!

Almost home :cheers: . Family time comes first, but if I have time tonight I'll see what you came up with. I'm sure it's great. You always seem to make a car fun and easy to drive 👍 . If I cant get to it tonight, I should be able to on Friday/Saturday.

Where is krenkme? A full maxed out tune would be cool too!

I'm a truck driver that can never seem to find his way home :ill: ! I do hope you get to try the tune, feedback is very important to a tuner. Good or bad!

Well good night, hope to talk soon :dopey:

I know that madmyk said it was not the final set-up for the car and krenkme is gone, but I always wanted to post a review (I kind of want to start reviewing tuners cars, we'll see :) ) So here it is...

the not so finalized Clueless 'Cuda

Let me start by saying I'm a HUGE fan of the 'Cuda, and have been bothering krenkme at Clueless for some time to see if he'd tune it. As it goes the new Clueless tuner, madmyk, took it apon himself to take up the task.

To let people know this car has a very strange power band and can be very hard to tune. Most of the power is generated at low RPM, so if you run a manual transmission this is great for short shifting, but if you run an auto this will drive you crazy. (I think it did with krenkme so much that he has run away :) ). I know the two Clueless tuners run auto transmission so this will be a very interesting tune 👍

I took it to Rome, in the Classic Supercar seasonal to see if it could catch those Lambos. Flying up and into the first corner the car seemed to be balanced with the brakes and the roll of the car into the corner. Out of the apex I floored it, with very little slip I was happy. Infact the only grip problem I had was at mid/high speed corners where I got over confident with the grip and it broke loose. Grip is GOOD! :). Compared to "Burger" and "Fries" it lacks in outright speed, but that is NOT the tune, but more the car. This is more of the dessert to the party. Still a great closing to the end of the day.

Now it comes to the transmission. I ran it my usual way as a manual, and I was wishing there was more. In fact I mas yalling MOOOORRRREEEEE!!!!! Longer gears would send this thing to close to 190+mph, but as it was, it was more like 150+. So I put in an auto trans. and I could see what you were going for. It still runs out of power before it shifts, but it is not as anoying as a stock tranny.

If this is a non-finished tune, I can't wait to see what more you can get from this car. As is, it feels great, it only needs longer gears for us manual trasmission drivers, and, well that's about it. Great Job 👍 7.5 out if 10 👍

Thanks mopar for the review! 👍

I definitely think the tranny still needs a bit of work. You can lower the final gear for now to get the right top speed. I'm glad you like it so far. We will get the last details sorted out this weekend hopefully. Thanks again. :)

Art Morrison Corvette'60 / 550pp / RS Tires

This car is a blast to drive! Try it with the cockpit view. This car was tested online and offline. It drives fine with Sport Soft tires but Racing tires are just more fun. Enjoy!

C%2525C3%2525B4te%252520d%252527Azur_3.jpg
Kyoto%252520-%252520Shoren-in.jpg

Art Morrison Corvette'60

GT Auto

Tuning Shop
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Titanium Racing Exhaust

Power: 563hp
Weight: 1264kg
PP: 550pp

Power Limiter: 99.4%
Ballast: 0/0

Transmission:
Select default
Final Gear: 3.700
Top Speed: 199mph
Gears :
1st: 2.610
2nd: 1.910
3rd: 1.470
4th: 1.170
5th: 0.960
6th 0.800
7th:
Top Speed will be: 190mph

Drivetrain:
LSD Front:
LSD Rear: 16/24/8
Torque Dist:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -25/-24
Spring Rate: 9.6/5.5
Damper Extension: 8/4
Damper Compression: 6/3
Anti-Roll Bars: 5/3
Camber: 2.0/1.6
Toe: -0.12/+0.16

Brake Balance: 7/5

Tires: Racing Soft

Red%252520Bull%252520Hangar-7_1.jpg

Dragster turned Racer? Maybe :dopey:

Trans "Crammer"
sangimignanotownsquarez.jpg

eifelcircuitj.jpg

Found in the New car Dealership

714bhp
577pp
595 ft. lb. @5900 RPM of torque
weight 1470 Kg
P/W Ratio of 2.02Kg/HP

parts

Auto
Oil Change
Paint Baltic Blue

weight Reduction
Stage 3
Window
Engine
Stage 3
Intake
None
Exhaust
Racing
Turbo
Supercharger
Gears
Custom
Drivetrain
LSD
Suspention
Custom
Tires
Sport Soft (S3)/Racing Soft (R3)

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune

LSD- 15/24/7

GearingIn this order please
Top Speed - 137
Final - 3.000
1st - 3.309
2nd - 2.000
3rd - 1.480
4th - 1.157
5th - 0.950

Ride Hight - Front: -20 Rear: -5
Spring Rate- Front: 12.0 Rear: 11.3
Extention- Front: 7 Rear: 8
Compression- Front: 3 Rear: 4
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 3 Rear: 4
Camber- Front: 2.7 Rear: 1.6
Toe Angle- Front: -0.08 Rear: 0.10
Brakes- Front: 7 Rear: 5

Tuned on sport soft tires, but really enjoyed on racing softs, this car is very ballanced. Good power, good handling, and just an all around good car to drive. Happy driving :dopey:

madmyk,

I sent back the "killer Cuda". Just a few things I did different. I installed the supercharger instead of engine tuning and the added weight/ballest to get the right 550pp level. Also made slight adjustments to the LSD and suspension. The tranny is an attempt to get all the power when needed:dunce:. Try it out see if anything is worth using. I think your transmission is the way to go (I liked it.... as a matter of fact it was great for us auto trans drivers). The handling is very good, the slight changes only suited my driving a little better (DS3 :sly:). When you think you have what you want with the car post it. Very good start 👍. If there's any other things I can help with the car feel free to ask.

The Art Morrison looks good 👍. Planing on trying it out this weekend. OP will be updated shortly.

Keep up the good work :dopey:

p.s. could you stop teaching the parrot dirt words. all day all I could hear was "you stupid :censored:ing car" over and over. :D

Last edited:
I will try the TransCrammer this weekend. If have never even tried that car yet so I am looking forward to giving it a run.

I have been way way way too busy at work lately. I should not even be writing this now, but I need to catch up on some messages...

Going to work on my Honda Family of vans :dopey: and then get back to it. Have a great night!

If you are tuning the Life Step Van and the Odyssey, can I tune the Element? Pleeeease?

P.S. Any idea where to get food for the Chupacabra? :crazy:

I'm working out a deal with my friend who has a goat farm.

Hey, madmyk, what is that you left in the fridge? I think it has eyes :ill:

This is the food for the Chupacabra until I can get some goats. Don't eat it!! You will make him very very mad.

I will try the TransCrammer this weekend. If have never even tried that car yet so I am looking forward to giving it a run.

That is what I was thinking with the Vette. Iknew it was there, I just never drove it. Now I'll have to buy one and try it out.

I have been way way way too busy at work lately. I should not even be writing this now, but I need to catch up on some messages...

I know all to well about being busy at work :ill:

If you are tuning the Life Step Van and the Odyssey, can I tune the Element? Pleeeease?

Yes :D.... yes you can 👍 :dopey:

This is the food for the Chupacabra until I can get some goats. Don't eat it!! You will make him very very mad.

Oooohhhh.....That explains the reason he took a dump on the hood of my Beat :mad:

Date with the wife tonight, racing tomarrow 👍. Any idea what you'll run for the shootout?... no wait don't tell me, I'll find out soon. Maybe talk to you this weekend? Have a Great night! :dopey:

Back