Clueless Tunes - Cleaning up (Nov. 23rd)

• Thread starter krenkme
  • 3,040 comments
I just got done making my Ring Rat Challenger. I ended up shiny silver chrome painting it and I carboned the hood for contrast. It actually looks pretty good. I have pics shared on my profile of it, if you're curious.

It's a nice ride and it was a nice surprise for the Shootout.

Now to try out the classic Challenger to see how it handles. :D

"Mitsu-Beastie"
Based on the Mitsubishi Lancer EVO IX GSR RM '05

nrburgringnordschleife2fe.jpg

grandvalleyeastj.jpg

Found in the New Car Dealership

527bhp
590pp
461 ft. lb. @5400 RPM of torque
weight 1080 Kg

parts

Auto
Race modify
Oil Change/200 miles/Oil Change
Paint - Medium Purplish Grey Mica
Place # 13 on car
weight Reduction
Stock
Engine
Stage 3
ECU
Intake
Manifold
Racing Filter
Exhaust
Racing
Manifold
Catalytic
Turbo
High RPM
Gears
Custom
Drivetrain
Semi-Racing
Driveshaft
Center Diff.
LSD
Suspention
Custom
Tires
Racing Med. (R2)

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune

Downforce: FRONT- 15 REAR - 32

GearingIn this order please
Reset to Default
Top Speed - 130
1st - 3.220
2nd - 2.460
3rd - 1.925
4th - 1.560
5th - 1.290
6th - 1.102
Final - 3.150
Adjust for speed using final gear

Torque Split - 30/70
LSD - FRONT - 12/15/12 REAR - 18/25/15

Ride Hight - Front: -20 Rear: -20
Spring Rate- Front: 14.0 Rear: 5.0
Extention- Front: 8 Rear: 6
Compression- Front: 2 Rear: 7
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 1 Rear: 5
Camber- Front: 2.0 Rear: 1.5
Toe Angle- Front: -0.25 Rear: -0.10
Brakes- Front: 5 Rear: 6

TUNER NOTES -
I have a few cars you can tune, but no time to tune them by my self, and i want to use them in the next time attack race.

Mitsubishi Lance EVO RM (590PP)
Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 TC 600PP
Skyline GT-R R33 TC over 600PP

there's no need to look after the tyre wear, it only has to be fast, very fast.

All cars on racing medium tyres, and fully tuned

Well, I can only do the Mitsu :(, but here it is :)....
I tried to use the Yaw thing, but I think I may need to pay the lawn crue at Dopey Downs alot to re-seed :lol:. Gearing is set for medium size tracks, just adjust for track. :dopey:

specialstageroutex1e.jpg

Double review alert! hehe
-------------------------------
I just got done breaking in and tuning the Classic Ring Rat Challenger. It may not have been the fastest car in the 550 PP class, but the work that you've done on it is amazing to me. You've taken all of the issues that the stock version has, completely eliminated them, and replaced them with proper handling.

I have no idea how you accomplished this, but you've impressed me greatly on this; probably much more than any of your other tunes.

I've just taken it for a couple laps around the Ring and managed, without really knowing the car yet, to get it in under 7:30. That was even with a sloppy start and a couple of other driver errors, not related to the car. ;)

I expected to have to fight this car to get it to turn, but there was no fight, whatsoever. It did exactly what I wanted it to. It's nimble, it's quick, and it doesn't spin out.

You have to really push this car hard to get it to lose control. Very impressive, my friend. 👍
---------------------------
As for the TVR Cerbera Speed 12 (Note the spelling, typo master. hehe) I'm glad to see that you decided to share it with everyone. Having test driven it for you last week, I'm glad to see it available here.

As with your Challengers, you've eliminated all of the problems that the car has natively. There's none of the squirrely handling, there's no fighting to stay in control of the car, it handles very well. A stock one handles like a dog wearing socks on a kitchen floor.

The only issue: The pure raw speed of this beast. That's the only thing that makes this car difficult to get used to, and, quite frankly, it's a lot of 🤬 fun. :D

I may never get under 6 minutes with it, just due to my lack of expertise, but I can guarantee that a seasoned driver can, and without much effort. I've managed to squeak in under 7:15 with my sloppy driving.

I think everyone should take it for a spin. It's surprisingly fun to drive once you learn to respect the sheer power of the car. Good work, Krenkme. 👍

IvanOffalich
Double review alert! hehe
-------------------------------
I just got done breaking in and tuning the Classic Ring Rat Challenger. It may not have been the fastest car in the 550 PP class, but the work that you've done on it is amazing to me. You've taken all of the issues that the stock version has, completely eliminated them, and replaced them with proper handling.

I have no idea how you accomplished this, but you've impressed me greatly on this; probably much more than any of your other tunes.

I've just taken it for a couple laps around the Ring and managed, without really knowing the car yet, to get it in under 7:30. That was even with a sloppy start and a couple of other driver errors, not related to the car. ;)

I expected to have to fight this car to get it to turn, but there was no fight, whatsoever. It did exactly what I wanted it to. It's nimble, it's quick, and it doesn't spin out.

You have to really push this car hard to get it to lose control. Very impressive, my friend. 👍
---------------------------
As for the TVR Cerbera Speed 12 (Note the spelling, typo master. hehe) I'm glad to see that you decided to share it with everyone. Having test driven it for you last week, I'm glad to see it available here.

As with your Challengers, you've eliminated all of the problems that the car has natively. There's none of the squirrely handling, there's no fighting to stay in control of the car, it handles very well. A stock one handles like a dog wearing socks on a kitchen floor.

The only issue: The pure raw speed of this beast. That's the only thing that makes this car difficult to get used to, and, quite frankly, it's a lot of 🤬 fun. :D

I may never get under 6 minutes with it, just due to my lack of expertise, but I can guarantee that a seasoned driver can, and without much effort. I've managed to squeak in under 7:15 with my sloppy driving.

I think everyone should take it for a spin. It's surprisingly fun to drive once you learn to respect the sheer power of the car. Good work, Krenkme. 👍

:bowdown: thank you for driving and reviewing the cars :cheers:

I usually set out to make cars anyone can jump into and drive, while not losing any of the fun. It seems I have done that with these two cars 👍. I'm glad you're enjoying Clueless Tunes, and hope you continue to. :dopey:
Thanks again for the review :cheers:

SAPPH
Love the mitsu color.. Will try when I get back from work..

danbojte
I'm happy just looking at this post. 👍

Thanks guys. I think it turned out well. Maybe a little understeer, but not so much to be annoying. Plus it looks good :dopey:

The "Mitsu-Beastie" is great even with Sport Soft Tires. Yes it is a great car and tune like how I'd expected. The only problem is with the top speed on Nordschleife. 👍

danbojte
The "Mitsu-Beastie" is great even with Sport Soft Tires. Yes it is a great car and tune like how I'd expected. The only problem is with the top speed on Nordschleife. 👍

Thanks. With long straits like that you may need to adjust the final gear... but if you don't want to give up the acceleration out of corners just to reach a higher speed then move sixth gear to the left slightly :dopey:

The mitsu-beastie really love to understeer especially on corner entry.. Jab the handbrake a bit, neutral steer.. woohoo.. Quite fast acceleration.. Very nice..

I made a Mitsu-Beastie last night and decided to do the engine break-in online, just to have some company. I went into a room with some guys who were just hanging out, racing for fun, and it was pretty casual.

They were on the Ring and I let them have a head start, mostly because I wasn't used to the car and how it handled. I didn't really want to knock anyone off the road while I was just getting the hang the car.

Even slipping off the road a couple of times, I managed to catch up and pass them. Wow, that thing is speedy. The guys even got out other cars, to see if they had anything that could match the EVO. They couldn't find anything. :D

It understeers a little for my taste, but it's more than tolerable understeer. I didn't feel like I was really fighting it or anything. I just merely had to adjust to its handling a little.

We had a pretty good time with it. It was all in fun. Thanks a lot for making me care about an EVO. :P hehe

I also got out the Speed 12 and drove with another guy. I gave him quite a lead and was able to catch and pass him. I think it took him about 20 seconds to catch up to me after I had finished.

I told him about you, this Forum, your garage, and how to find it. He said he wants one too. I put it on share for him. Hopefully, he'll come check out the garage and make his own.

I'm getting better at driving the Speed 12 now. Maybe I'll see if I can break my old record with it. :D

MonGnoM
Thank you krenkme for the EVO tune, here is how my "Lancer R-Evolution" looks like:

I do hope it works for you in your endeavours. :dopey:

SAPPH
The mitsu-beastie really love to understeer especially on corner entry.. Jab the handbrake a bit, neutral steer.. woohoo.. Quite fast acceleration.. Very nice..

I just wish I could dial out that annoying understeer more... more work may be needed.

IvanOffalich
I made a Mitsu-Beastie last night and decided to do the engine break-in online, just to have some company. I went into a room with some guys who were just hanging out, racing for fun, and it was pretty casual.

They were on the Ring and I let them have a head start, mostly because I wasn't used to the car and how it handled. I didn't really want to knock anyone off the road while I was just getting the hang the car.

Even slipping off the road a couple of times, I managed to catch up and pass them. Wow, that thing is speedy. The guys even got out other cars, to see if they had anything that could match the EVO. They couldn't find anything. :D

It understeers a little for my taste, but it's more than tolerable understeer. I didn't feel like I was really fighting it or anything. I just merely had to adjust to its handling a little.

We had a pretty good time with it. It was all in fun. Thanks a lot for making me care about an EVO. :P hehe

I also got out the Speed 12 and drove with another guy. I gave him quite a lead and was able to catch and pass him. I think it took him about 20 seconds to catch up to me after I had finished.

I told him about you, this Forum, your garage, and how to find it. He said he wants one too. I put it on share for him. Hopefully, he'll come check out the garage and make his own.

I'm getting better at driving the Speed 12 now. Maybe I'll see if I can break my old record with it. :D

Again, thank you so very much for the review, and sending others this way :cheers:.

I tried alot to limit the amount of understeer the Mitsu had, so I'm not sure how much more I can get out of it without hurting the overall handling, but I must look into it.

Once you master the speed twelve, you have mastered "Clue-Fu" young grasshopper. :dopey:... :lol: keep me informed how your venture into the Clueless side goes 👍

Motor City Hami
Krenkme, congrats on the tune of the week. Well deserved.

Thanks. I am not worthy of such an honor. I'm just an idiot that likes to mess around with cars.

That's two in a row for Clueless. Maybe I should close up shop on a high note, and move on.... anyone looking for a dopey tuner to join there garage? :lol::dopey:
Kidding :lol:

Last edited:
Well, I am working slowly on Tuning, though I just found out you can't take pictures of standard model cars in Photo travel..lovely....okay I will get a picture of it when I can in another way :dunce: ...

Hey krenkme, i still remember how awesome it was to get that tune for my beloved dodge viper. I wonder just how popular the dodge viper gt1 has been.

MonGnoM
can't wait to run the EVO!

Hope it suits your needs 👍

Ryusho
Well, I am working slowly on Tuning, though I just found out you can't take pictures of standard model cars in Photo travel..lovely....okay I will get a picture of it when I can in another way :dunce: ...

You can take photos in replay mode during races or practice. Good luck.

Any tuning questions you're stuck on?

Gallade4751
Hey krenkme, i still remember how awesome it was to get that tune for my beloved dodge viper. I wonder just how popular the dodge viper gt1 has been.

Hey, long time no speak :D. I'm not sure about that tune, but I do get alot of messages on my Viper tunes in general.... I kinda have alot of them :dopey:

danbojte
Adam, do you "mess" with a wheel or with DS3? :)

:odd: mind control :odd:...:lol:. I destroy cars with a DS3. Left stick to steer and right for gas/brake. :dopey:

I tested a few tunes for the EVO RM: your tune is as fast as RKM Motorsport's tune.
BOTH tunes were the fastest i've tested, but yours feels the best.
there is still too much understeer in RKM's tune.

Good job CLUELESS TUNERS!

You can take photos in replay mode during races or practice. Good luck.

Any tuning questions you're stuck on?

None really, Though I admit I have almost gotten afraid to mess with the suspension settings I got to use as a baseline, at least at the moment, and trying to figure out how to get the gear-ratio set up right, because I have no clue how I should go about testing it overall and working at it to get the gear ratios right..

MonGnoM
I tested a few tunes for the EVO RM: your tune is as fast as RKM Motorsport's tune.
BOTH tunes were the fastest i've tested, but yours feels the best.
there is still too much understeer in RKM's tune.

Good job CLUELESS TUNERS!

Very good to hear 👍 If I find another way to limit the understeer, I'll be sure to let you know :D.

Ryusho
None really, Though I admit I have almost gotten afraid to mess with the suspension settings I got to use as a baseline, at least at the moment, and trying to figure out how to get the gear-ratio set up right, because I have no clue how I should go about testing it overall and working at it to get the gear ratios right..

Some use "The tranny trick" (to be honest, I have no idea what or how that works. But it sounds illegal :lol: ). Some use percentages, and some just guess. I kind of do the last two.

This is dependent on torque and horse power, but again here is a base to get started.

In this order-
Reset to default
Top speed to 130ish
(On the slide graph for every gear there are eight tall lines. We're using those)
First gear - second line
Second gear - forth line
Third gear - sixth line
Fourth gear - eighth line
Fifth all the way to the right.
Adjust for the speed you need using final gear ( top speed about 10mph higher then what you're after).

DO NOT move the top speed slider. It will reset your gearing.

I round my gears to the nearest 5 or 0... but that's just me.

For a six speed put fifth at the ninth line and sixth all the way right.

Hope that's not too confusing :dopey:

Sorry about being so long. To put it simply, my PS3 won't be used for a while. But when it is used... you are in for some M Power.

*Decides to try the new A-spec Race on seasonals for the heck of it* *..gets a penalty for shortcutting when he only turned slightly tighter then the corner, so he restarts..watches an AI car do the SAME THING he had just done...*

and now a ramming penalty for SPINNING OUT >.<

...okay..how is it a short-cut penalyy for goign into the grass on accident on a straightaway o_O;;

Last edited:
I tried to use the Yaw thing, but I think I may need to pay the lawn crue at Dopey Downs alot to re-seed :lol:

AYC used to terrify me, hideously agressive when compared to a custom diff. However, I've been messing around with my old 520PP CZ-3 TARMAC '01, this time using active yaw. It works a lot better than it used to and at 500PP the car is only a few seconds slower around the Ring than the completely unhinged Solstice (almost fixed that monster, with a little input from ACSR421).

If I get the time over the weekend, I'll throw your build on one of my EVO RMs and see what it's like using AYC. It maybe that there's something hinky elsewhere that's causing the car to misbehave, AYC won't fix problems like an LSD will, but my god, will it get you around a corner in a hurry :mischievous:

{Cy}

CyKosis1973
AYC used to terrify me, hideously agressive when compared to a custom diff. However, I've been messing around with my old 520PP CZ-3 TARMAC '01, this time using active yaw. It works a lot better than it used to and at 500PP the car is only a few seconds slower around the Ring than the completely unhinged Solstice (almost fixed that monster, with a little input from ACSR421).

If I get the time over the weekend, I'll throw your build on one of my EVO RMs and see what it's like using AYC. It maybe that there's something hinky elsewhere that's causing the car to misbehave, AYC won't fix problems like an LSD will, but my god, will it get you around a corner in a hurry :mischievous:

{Cy}

If I spend more time with it, I might get it sorted. (It is only the second Evo I've tuned ). I'm somewhat confident it my LSD tuning, so I settled with that for comfort.

Please share your findings. I'm always up for a good lesson on how to tune :dopey:

Back