Clutch Kicking

Canada
Winnipeg
SoloMidFnatic
Well does anyone do this technique, or the bigger question is does it work in GT5?

I never tried it personally because i usually initiate with a scandanavian flick or ebrake.

regards :)

Well does anyone do this technique, or the bigger question is does it work in GT5?

I never tried it personally because i usually initiate with a scandanavian flick or ebrake.

regards :)

Clutch works as a button instead of a pedal in GT5, so it sorta doesn't really work.

Since there isn't any sort of a clutch to activate in GT5, no. In a real car you shift by letting the clutch out and then shifting either up or down. In GT5 you just press R2 or L2 to shift, no clutch involved. I initiate a drift by pulling the e-brake for two seconds to break traction.

PureHeavyMetal
Since there isn't any sort of a clutch to activate in GT5, no. In a real car you shift by letting the clutch out and then shifting either up or down. In GT5 you just press R2 or L2 to shift, no clutch involved. I initiate a drift by pulling the e-brake for two seconds to break traction.

You can on wheels. It will get you on boost but that's about it.

The clutch has a slip function, a hilariously small one one though. The whole clutch and shifting system is so weird in GT5, it's actually pretty useless.

Clutch works as a button instead of a pedal in GT5, so it sorta doesn't really work.

Wrong, the clutch in GT5 has a biting point... Its an axis not a button. Although it isn't programmed very well in GT5 since when you clutch kick, it doesn't just make your RPM's jump, it straightens out your car as well. Well that's a bad point of it, the good point of it is that if your getting mega angle, clutch kick most of the time can help you transition to the next turn.

Wrong, the clutch in GT5 has a biting point... Its an axis not a button. Although it isn't programmed very well in GT5 since when you clutch kick, it doesn't just make your RPM's jump, it straightens out your car as well. Well that's a bad point of it, the good point of it is that if your getting mega angle, clutch kick most of the time can help you transition to the next turn.

So it's actually an axis? Feels like a button for me.

Wow, I applaud PD for their great implementation of the clutch 👍

iNs3CuRe
Yep its an axis, play around with it.

Its an insanely small catch point though. In a normal car you can the the clutch out really slow and as the revs slightly drop you'll start rolling. The GT5 catch point is so small that one the clutch grabs, you all but immediately stall.

The clutch was one of the main reasons I wanted a G27 so I always use it, if you practice with it you can learn to get used to how weird it is... I used to wind up in Neutral EVERY time I would try to upshift mid-drift. I hit the clutch when I e-brake and I use it for transitions sometimes.

It's funny, with some cars, I've sat there trying to release the clutch as slow and smooth as possible without stalling and it makes the back end get loose and slide around even though I'm hardly moving at all... then the wheels will grip and move me forward.

I use it for transitions and entries, Some times when getting a lot of angle it helps me understeer some.

0:21, 0:46, 1:11, 1:15, 1:24, 1:26, 1:50.

I use it for transitions and entries, Some times when getting a lot of angle it helps me understeer some.

0:21, 0:46, 1:11, 1:15, 1:24, 1:26, 1:50.

Beast drifting man :)

yea i am currently using a extreme gaming driving wheel no FFB :sly: (takes more skill)
never really tried cuz i have no clutch

DoriftoDoriDori
Beast drifting man :)

yea i am currently using a extreme gaming driving wheel no FFB :sly: (takes more skill)
never really tried cuz i have no clutch

You have never drifted ffb have you lol

Why would anybody use a wheel without FFB? I would just use the DS3 or actually don't play at all because I can't drift for poop with DS3 :P

Because you have absolutey no feeling as the what the car wants to do. Ffb allows you to react via feeling.
No FFB is just making life harder for yourself with no reason though? FFB gives it more realism I would think?!

ShiroJP great video! And the clutch is NOT a button, its an axis. It does take quite a bit of getting used to though thats for sure! I find myself shifting gears mid drift or even on straights, and going straight to neutral, just have to have the rpm's below around 4k rpms and have the clutch pressed down all the way.. its a biaatch sometimes, makes me mad. But practice makes perfect. I know if all these other g25/27 users can do it, i can do it.. lol

Darkrage1138
Simple, no FFB makes it so you can't feel the car under you. so you have to know everything before going into a corner. i have tested it trust me

So a control interface that doesn't allow you to feel the car inherently requires more skill? I guess DS3 users should rejoice at this attempt at logic..lol

So a control interface that doesn't allow you to feel the car inherently requires more skill? I guess DS3 users should rejoice at this attempt at logic..lol

So true...the DS3 is waaaaay more difficult than any kind of wheel with force feedback.......

Oh man are those the wheel that are like a hundred something bucks at EB? They look so dodge lol you should at least invest in something with force feedback otherwise your completely missing the point of using a wheel regardless of difficulty.
*p.s clutch kicking for the win*

Back